Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan (9178 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by xterra2(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2011
kcjazz:

People have a right to be skeptical at every move of the FG, it is now GEJs duty to prove them wrong. African leaders are dangerous especially the ones that come into the office with a high goodwill from voters.

25 years ago, GEJs Ugandan friend said:

The problem of Africa in general and Uganda in particular is not the people but leaders who want to overstay in power ~ Yoweri Museveni 1986

And as you know, he is still there. God bless Nigeria
God Bless you

----
Imagine him saying 1-5 years to stabilize
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Acutex: 12:48am On May 28, 2011
FRESH RAIN 2015!!! Jonah Our möney eh! Our money, Nigeria money eh! Jönah go Chop am Nyafu nyafu!! My people, get your gas masks oh! This one go be FRESH SARIN GAS. And to think I wasted my 1st vote on him?! It'll be my pleasure leading the facebook protest rally against this 'Boobluck' EgothePeople Lootnathan. *sings and strolls out* U chop, I chop,,,, nobody should chop alone. It is Well. embarassed cry undecided [s] [as someone pointed out though, its still too early. But,,,,,,, I see nimbus clouds gathering] [/s]
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by noperson1: 1:58am On May 28, 2011
crymy fellow nigerians, c d thief u voted for? He don enter money, e no wan leave again! It is not his fault. U ve incubated a thief and ve nw given birth to a rogue. Wish u al d best.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by TayoD1(m): 3:15am On May 28, 2011
@topic,

If he needs about two years to size up and sack people in his cabinet, shouldn't the people too have no more than four years to also size up and sack the president when he doesn't live up to billing? undecided
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On May 28, 2011
No one is mentioning the fact that Jonathan Goodluck has already completed 1 year in office, and will have completed 5 years by 2015.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by jmaine: 3:45am On May 28, 2011
Prejudiced minds . . Na wao . Reserve all your bile for later purposes . .you have four full years to keep suffocating and poisoning your emotions on every molecule of oxygen the President of Nigeria inhales  grin grin 
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:48am On May 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:
No one is mentioning the fact that Jonathan Goodluck has already completed 1 year in office, and will have completed 5 years by 2015.

And so? Make I clap? What has he done? undecided
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 6:13am On May 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

dayokanu:

GEJ for second term though he has not started the firt term? I dey laffoooooooooo

If he knew 4yrs wont be enough, why contest for a 4yr term,
Stability? what has he been doing for the past 1 yr?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by blacksta(m): 6:15am On May 28, 2011
Beaf:

Jealousy. cry cry cry

shut up  grin

Yes we are jealousy of wasted opportunity - I am sure if it were a northern president by now you will be screaming your head off

Anyway me i don retire from Nigerian matters grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by honeric01(m): 6:17am On May 28, 2011
Who is surprised by this? who doesn't know this man can never be trusted? he waste words because they are never his bonds.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 6:23am On May 28, 2011
Oh ok @Dayokanu. Well, I guess as always, it does not matter since people seem to have their minds made up on justifying this statement from our elected leaders sad sad sad
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by ziccoit: 6:24am On May 28, 2011
It is a pity that some people are still standing on rostrum of Mr Jona is my kinsman so could not go wrong. You will be the one to suffer most because while others are better prepared for any eventuality, you will be under illusions and your a**ses would be really kicked and dented really bad.  grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by nimma(f): 8:01am On May 28, 2011
heheheh i laff in french. He believes its too short already? And he hasnt even started. I always get mad when pple say they voted GEJ not PDP. Whats the difference between him and the party? U think he will go against the party constitution? Open ur eyes pple
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by VIPICO(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2011
Four years not enough to make any change[color=#990000][/color]? Thank God I did not bother voting for this man.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by crowaddy1: 10:07am On May 28, 2011
You guys need to ro watch to the whole video of the inagural lecture to understand the presidents statements that is being quoted out of context.
What he meant was that 4yr is not enough to transform a country like Nigeria. That Nigeria cannot make any giant stride the with the stop/restart process that we have at the moment every 4yr .He gave an intance of a president from the Northeast locating some major infastructural projects in his region and after 4 years another chap comes from the southwest and restarts construction in his region leaving the previous one initiated by his predecessor.He said each years budgetary process should be part of a long term national plan which at present is being spearheaded by the National Planning Commission and that legislation is being pushed throgh to this effect.
He gave the instance of Nigeria having 24 foreign affairs ministers since independence and said that some people can take up to 2yrs(depending on the ministry) to really understand issues and wondered what foreign policy objectives can be achieved with changes like that insinuating that he might only drop ministers that performed poorly.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by yhemzy(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2011
Haba!its too early for all these.Get started mr presido
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 10:44am On May 28, 2011
Am starting to think that 90% of Nigerian youth are worse than these old thieves, Why vote for Goodluck when we all knew this man wasnt any better. DIS MAN DID NOT DO ANYTHING GOOD AS A GOVERNOR OF A SMALL STATE WITH LOTS OF INCOME AND U EXPECT HIM TO DO WELL AS A PRESIDENT OF A COMPLICATED COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA? Some of us voted for this man cos he is from the SS, Ask some others why they voted for Goodluck and they will tell u, its because his name is goodluck, Some even say he will go against OBJ, IBB and d rest but ask them what they think of PDP. Its obvious they didnt have a good reason to vote for him yet they claim to be the future of this country, Its so Pathetic! The most unfortunate thing about this, is that both the smart and and the foolish will suffer the same consequence. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WHAT YOU SOW IS WHAT YOU REAP,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2011
Whoever voted for gej and not pdp should have their brains checked
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Eziachi: 10:56am On May 28, 2011
cvibe:

GEJ was the only one to travel round the 36 states and he saw the reason why 4 years will not be enough. So, he may be right in his own words.

Offtopic
NB: Nairalanders If you know anyone who deals in or can supply me GOLD DUST that can be confirmed in Nigeria, pls let me know (send me a Nairaland PM in my inbox) . Serious Foreign Ready Buyer Available.

Thank you.
Why not sent a message to GEJ? After 36 state round and about travel, he must have some clues or idea about dealers of GOLD DUST inside Nigeria or even in Uganda.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Texther(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2011
metodman:

Am starting to think that 90% of Nigerian youth are worse than these old thieves, Why vote for Goodluck when we all knew this man wasnt any better. DIS MAN DID NOT DO ANYTHING GOOD AS A GOVERNOR OF A SMALL STATE WITH LOTS OF INCOME AND U EXPECT HIM TO DO WELL AS A PRESIDENT OF A COMPLICATED COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA? Some of us voted for this man cos he is from the SS, Ask some others why they voted for Goodluck and they will tell u, its because his name is goodluck, Some even say he will go against OBJ, IBB and d rest but ask them what they think of PDP. Its obvious they didnt have a good reason to vote for him yet they claim to be the future of this country, Its so Pathetic! The most unfortunate thing about this, is that both the smart and and the foolish will suffer the same consequence. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WHAT YOU SOW IS WHAT YOU REAP,
Now they have started reaping!!! Yeye pple
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by JomoGbomo2(m): 11:06am On May 28, 2011
GEJ has already displayed his mind set, which IMO is not the right mind set for a good leader, he has just given his ministers and others a good reason why they can't do anything while in office.

That is a wrong mind set.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by honeric01(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2011
metodman:

Yeye people angry
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by omanzo02: 11:28am On May 28, 2011
Nairalanders I hail thee,

GEJ statement is not new, he made similar statement before the election when he was alleged to have proposed a single 7 years term for president and want legislators to develope more experience in the house and everyone here was after his throat, and he still making the same argument and u all are talking as if it's something new.

There was a post somewhere in the forum about this before the election.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2011
Welcome on board to gej and his supporters' 1, 2, 3, 4years of rubbish and waste, Just pray ur state governors perform well or else, @least Fashola is perfoming well in Lagos. I just pray Amosun does well in Ogun as well. Verily Verily i say unto you, brace yourself up and do not expect anything positive from the Federal Badluck Government!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Eziachi: 11:38am On May 28, 2011
crow_addy:

You guys need to ro watch to the whole video of the inagural lecture to understand the presidents statements that is being quoted out of context.
What he meant was that 4yr is not enough to transform a country like Nigeria. That Nigeria cannot make any giant stride the with the stop/restart process that we have at the moment every 4yr .He gave an intance of  a president from the Northeast locating some major infastructural projects in his region and after 4 years another chap comes from the southwest and restarts construction in his region leaving the previous one initiated by his predecessor.He said each years budgetary process should be part of a long term national plan which at present is being spearheaded by the National Planning Commission and that legislation is being pushed throgh to this effect.
He gave the instance of Nigeria having 24 foreign affairs ministers since independence and said that some people can take up to 2yrs(depending on the ministry) to really understand issues and wondered what foreign policy objectives can be achieved with changes like that insinuating that he might only drop ministers that performed poorly.
Sorry, but we do understood him alright. Nobody is asking him to transform Nigeria. Especially him of all people. Four years is enough time to lay a good foundation for future presidents to work with.
If he has the ball to call a SNC with a no hold bare agenda, that is good enough achievement for 4 years in my opinion.
If he could lay a foundation for a future Regional Autonomous and Independent govts that will control their own resources, solve their own energy problem as to how and when they sees feat.  
This is the only option remaining to save Nigeria that is almost dead but the final burial is being postponed by the elite's sharing the oil money, he will be remembered for life.

If ONE borrows money from a bank to start a business, they will expect your repayment as from the next month. What more after 4 years you are telling them its too early for repayment, let alone profit for yourself.

Every month GEJ will be getting free billions of dollars from oil without having to work hard or worry on how to get it.  All he needs is a plan, capable people to help him and wherever he ended up after 4 years, some one else will take over from there.

But he is already lining up excuses for failuire.
Clearing the ground to renegate on his promise of  leaving power by 2015. We have seen it all before and sounds all too familiar.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 11:51am On May 28, 2011
Good luck indeed![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by vickriss: 11:59am On May 28, 2011
We ourselves wont keep our running mouth shut and allow mr presido carry out his plan for the country.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 12:04pm On May 28, 2011
@vickriss, U do not have to be rude okay? Please,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Eziachi: 12:16pm On May 28, 2011
omanzo02:

Nairalanders I hail thee,

GEJ statement is not new, he made similar statement before the election when he was alleged to have proposed a single 7 years term for president and want legislators to develope more experience in the house and everyone here was after his throat, and he still making the same argument and u all are talking as if it's something new.

There is a post somewhere in the forum about this before the election.[b][/b]

If you think about your above statement, that would have set your alarm ringing when it seems that he is obsessed with tenure extention instead of concentrating on how much he can achieve with what he got. With a pessimist like him, even if you give him that 7 years, he will still call for me.

Those around in 1976 will not forget Murtala Muhammed in a hurry.  How he took on the corrupt Nigerian estblishment and made a mark.  He was in power for just six months.

Those around in the 80s but chose not to be blinded by ethnic bigotry will never forget how Buhari/Idiagbon changed the Nigeria psyche from that of a deep corrupt nation to the one where even Molue passengers becomes orderly and civilized.

Bribery suddenly disappeared, IMF/WORLD bank was told that we can only pay whe we had the cash and not by putting the masses through extreme austere measures. Governors, no longer emperors but servants of th people.

And these was achieved despite sabotaging effort from within by the Babangida group and this was achieved within short period of time.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Desola(f): 12:30pm On May 28, 2011
Metodman and Honourable Eziachi: Brilliant retorts, very intelligent analysis. I love your perspectives, thank you!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2011
Eziachi:

If you think about your above statement, that would have set your alarm ringing when it seems that he is obsessed with tenure extention instead of concentrating on how much he can achieve with what he got. With a pessimist like him, even if you give him that 7 years, he will still call for me.

Those around in 1976 will not forget Murtala Muhammed in a hurry.  How he took on the corrupt Nigerian estblishment and made a mark.  He was in power for just six months.

Those around in the 80s but chose not to be blinded by ethnic bigotry will never forget how Buhari/Idiagbon changed the Nigeria psyche from that of a deep corrupt nation to the one where even Molue passengers becomes orderly and civilized.

Bribery suddenly disappeared, IMF/WORLD bank was told that we can only pay whe we had the cash and not by putting the masses through extreme austere measures. Governors, no longer emperors but servants of th people.

And these was achieved despite sabotaging effort from within by the Babangida group and this was achieved within short period of time.

Tribalism, hatred and sentiments didn't let people see all these. sad sad sad
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Seun(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2011
Murtala Muhammad was ok from what we know about him. Buhari has many question marks in his history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Teachers Back Governor Ugwuanyi's Second Tenure / EFCC To Appeal Judgement That Acquited Jang And Yusuf Of Corruption Charges / PDP Or MEGA Party: Which One Will You Go For? With Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.