Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan (9179 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by ayinba1(f): 1:17pm On May 28, 2011
@seun

Buhari/idiagbon was a military reign that came with the associated pitfalls of military leadership. Those two men however had to do what they did to bring us back from the brink of lootocracy. I guess they only succeeded in slowing things down. Eji njo rice made sure he returned us to a worse situation and the decline continues today. No accountability=corruption= enshrined lootocracy.

At the start of the presidential election campaign, I was rooting for Ribade despite my godfather reservatIons. I still recalled the WAI era of Buhari with nostalgia but did not think he had a good enough following. Bu it was on the pages of NL that I read articles comparing his achievements in less than 3 years to all else. Seun you read them too so what exactly are your S when it comes to picking between Buhari and Jonathan?

Back to topic since Jo boy won anyway! smiley
Why is he already giving excuses for his planned or unplanned failure? Is it because he never had any plans/desire/ability for success to start with?

All of us, that voted for him or against him, have to hold our elected officials responsible. His failure is not just his but Nigeria's.
He should get to work then and stop giving these pathetic excuses. I am hoping that he surprises me, so far, zilch!

FYI; I was a champion for YarAdua to resign due to his illness and for GEJ to be liberated from Turai's apron. I will do it again because I will do what is right and just!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by honeric01(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2011
^^^^

And we are also ready to protest to have him removed too if he ends up giving excuses when he's suppose to be working.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 2:35pm On May 28, 2011
@DESOLA, Thanks alot jare and more thanks for having the Nation's interest at heart
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by metodman(m): 2:59pm On May 28, 2011
We are not wishing Gej bad, All we want is a better nation and i know u gej supporters want that as well. We are not expecting him to sort out everything, we only want a functioning Presido and not one that keeps giving excuses. Honestly Gej isnt the man we need. And for those Gej supporters, WE ARE ONLY STATING THE OBVIOUS, Its written all over the wall for everybody to see, I wonder why Gej supporters cant see all these But i think Its either Gej supporters can see all these but decide to keep mum or they are ,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 28, 2011
metodman:
We are not wishing Gej bad, All we want is a better nation and i know u gej supporters want that as well. We are not expecting him to sort out everything, we only want a functioning Presido and not one that keeps giving excuses. Honestly Gej isnt the man we need. And for those Gej supporters, WE ARE ONLY STATING THE OBVIOUS, Its written all over the wall for everybody to see, I wonder why Gej supporters cant see all these But i think Its either Gej supporters can see all these but decide to keep mum or they are ,

They're still chopping the laced biscuits he distributed.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by bandely(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2011
Mtchew, see all these guys, we told ya! You said you are voting GEJ and not PDP. I hope he surprises us anyway.

Old wine in new skin!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by vicenzo(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2011
Seriously,anybody that thinks that GEJ will only stay for four years must be naieve,i wouldn't even be suprised if he breaks the third term jinx,but he won't get ndiigbo's vote easy this time around,not even if he changes his name to ojukwu.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by aljharem3: 5:14pm On May 28, 2011
vicenzo:

Seriously,anybody that thinks that GEJ will only stay for four years must be naieve,i wouldn't even be suprised if he breaks the third term jinx,but he won't get ndiigbo's vote easy this time around,not even if he changes his name to ojukwu.

pls can u shut ur mouth please angry
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by LKRavitz(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2011
alj_harem:

pls can u shut your mouth please angry

why? he makes a lot of sense shocked
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by yesboss20(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2011
And now Mr President starts to talk fact.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by vicenzo(m): 7:13pm On May 28, 2011
alj_harem:

pls can u shut your mouth please angry
Ewu awusa,how far?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by intrepid: 9:07pm On May 28, 2011
before his first 100 days in office we'll have decoded the direction of this govt.

Its then we can really make a perfect projection of our expectations.

Time will surely tell;howeva NIGERIA needs GOD now more than ever,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Maitsageta(m): 1:17am On May 29, 2011
The president should be in best position to tell others about the Constitutional provision of tenure in office NOT TO BELIEVE IT. I am beginning to understand that the so-called president-elect needs some psychiatric CHECK-UP. Reasons:-
(1) He doesn't know why he appointed a National Advisory Committee;
(2) He could not trim his cabinet for the better;
(3) Dreaming of second term, some hours before is being sworn-in, on his stolen victory, or he wants be another Mobutu!!!

Unexpected upliftment breeds MADNESS. To sum it up, President Goodluck (sic) Ebele Jonathan is the WRONG persons to rule Nigeria WRONGLY, with his WRONG idea, at a WRONG time.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by tjbash(m): 7:26am On May 29, 2011
Let him spend this four years wisely first? Then we will see if he deserves more years.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On May 29, 2011
intrepid:

before his first 100 days in office we'll have decoded the direction of this govt.

Its then we can really make a perfect projection of our expectations.

Time will surely tell;howeva NIGERIA needs GOD now more than ever,

He has already spent over 365 days in office . . . . What have you decoded thus far?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 12:46pm On May 29, 2011
Fix electricity and gerrout. Isn't 4 years enough to do that?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by aljharem3: 12:54pm On May 29, 2011
L. KRavitz:

why? he makes a lot of sense shocked

u don't know him

this are the people shouting GEJ up and down like he is one messiah angry

very sad and angry right now
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by 1025: 1:04pm On May 29, 2011
i wonder why ppl are acting as if they are surprised here. what do u expect from a BISCUIT SHARING PRESIDENT?
like obasanjo, like jonathan. do not worry about 4 yrs. all u need to do is to increase the bribes salaries of the senators with 100% and u will have ur way.
u look very smart because u could intimidate chief Raymond Dokpesi into ur team so there won't be any AIT to obstruct any tenure elongation be it legal or illegal after all as a student, u did not have a slippers talk-less of a shoe.
sometimes i wonder, if bankole can keep $1b in just one account(UBA), who knows what jonathan is keeping in 10 accounts?
God of wonders, u visited abacha in aso rock, u also visited obasanjo's family while they were in aso rock, the yar aduas felt ur visit also, u can do it once again and i believe as in the days of pharoh, u will continue doing it until these slave masters let us go.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by aljharem3: 1:10pm On May 29, 2011
1025:

i wonder why ppl are acting as if they are surprised here. what do u expect from a BISCUIT SHARING PRESIDENT?
like obasanjo, like jonathan. do not worry about 4 yrs. all u need to do is to increase the bribes salaries of the senators with 100% and u will have your way.
u look very smart because u could intimidate chief Raymond Dokpesi into your team so there won't be any AIT to obstruct any tenure elongation be it legal or illegal after all as a student, u did not have a slippers talk-less of a shoe.
sometimes i wonder, if bankole can keep $1b in just one account(UBA), who knows what jonathan is keeping in 10 accounts?
God of wonders, u visited abacha in aso rock, u also visited obasanjo's family while they were in aso rock, the yar aduas felt your visit also, u can do it once again and i believe as in the days of pharoh, u will continue doing it until these slave masters let us go.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by geniusbami(m): 6:48pm On May 29, 2011
I beg to differ frm those pro n anti Jonathan proponents. With due regard, I didn't expect a miracle frm his Excellency.

My position: Saying 4yrs won't be enough is not to break a promise, neither is it a political statement. Rather, IT'S SAYING THE OBVIOUS. As a matter of personality drawback, what would take a Fashola 2yrs will take a Goodluck 20yrs. It's an ability-based estimation. If anyone understands this point of view, they'll agree his Excellency needs to repeat d Presidential class 4 like 10 times to bring d desired turnaround n development Nigeria badly needs.

What I've always said, I say to Nigerians again, WE NEED MORE THAN LUCK TO REPOSITION NIGERIA!!!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by BetaThings: 7:26pm On May 29, 2011
geniusbami:

Rather, IT'S SAYING THE OBVIOUS. As a matter of personality drawback, what would take a Fashola 2yrs will take a Goodluck 20yrs. It's an ability-based estimation. If anyone understands this point of view, they'll agree his Excellency needs to repeat d Presidential class 4 like 10 times to bring d desired turnaround n development Nigeria badly needs.

What I've always said, I say to Nigerians again, WE NEED MORE THAN LUCK TO REPOSITION NIGERIA!!!
Na wah
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by geniusbami(m): 8:51pm On May 29, 2011
I have no shoes, I had no pen, that's why I'm dull. Pls, let me repeat until I'm Pana-sharp LOL!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by kq(m): 11:44pm On May 29, 2011
i think Reuben Abati did good justice on this when he said Nigerians are not looking for MInisters or Governors who need one year to stabilize, he should get down t business immediately not waiting one year to stabilize. Well we can all check the link below for the article
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49540:abati-the-speech-jonathan-shouldnt-have-made&catid=38:columnists&Itemid=615
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by BetaThings: 12:26am On May 30, 2011
But the man has been dismissing ministers since Feb 2010? That is 15months
Buhari was in power for just 20months!
Now this guy has been in Aso Rock for 4years, 15months as president!
Like MKO Abiola said, if you need 3years to learn how to be mad when will you start biting people?
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by olyg: 8:35pm On May 30, 2011
yes voting back PDP is a CALATROUS CALAMITY.soon Nigerians will know and suffer the consequences of what they have done.IF FASHOLA CAN CHANGE LAGOS WITHIN 4 YEARS.I DO NOT THINK 4 YEARS IS SMALL FOR MR PRESIDENT.IF AMERICA HAS A 4 YEAR TENURE WHY SHOULD NIGERIA BE DIFFERENT.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by DaDoctor: 9:54am On May 31, 2011
@CRITICS OF GEJ, All your mates i guess are busy at work, GO BACK TO WORK.

He scored the majority vote and WAS THE BEST COMPARED TO ALL OF THE OTHER CONTENDERS THEN,

If you want an abrupt change, then go the normal way not back door or NAIRALAND RANTING

Bad belle people,

WAIT LET HIM DIE BEFORE YOU BURY HIM NA!!!!

NA WA FOR UNA O!!!

EVEN GOD NO FIT PLIZ UNA
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2011
Da Doctor:

@CRITICS OF GEJ, All your mates i guess are busy at work,  GO BACK TO WORK.

He scored the majority vote and WAS THE BEST COMPARED TO ALL OF THE OTHER CONTENDERS THEN,

If you want an abrupt change,  then go the normal way  not back door or NAIRALAND RANTING

Bad belle people,

WAIT LET HIM DIE BEFORE YOU BURY HIM NA!!!!

NA WA FOR UNA O!!!

EVEN GOD NO FIT PLIZ UNA
Mr. GEJ's apologist! I can only laugh you after reading this your post. Your bad belle is even worst!
If you don't have something to contribute here kindly go and sleep jare,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by DaDoctor: 12:46pm On May 31, 2011
@fxtopedia.

You are a pure novince, if you know what Government is you would be wiser.

Do you think it is a HUSBAND AND WIFE AFFAIR?

Learn to understand issues so that your obscurity can be brightened.

AT A POINT IN LAGOS FASHOLA WAS BEING FRUSTRATED BY THE HOUSE, it took the convention and meeting to get him going and retain the slot after he fell out.

the above shud open up to you the larger challenges a president has to bear, as he is not in the minds of his appointees and Governors but only believes in them.

Yes, you may be an opposition, but at least show an iota of reasonability even if it for a micro second.

You compare a state and a federation?? They are similar but dont have entirely same challenges.

You really need a taste of politics,

I tell you this cos i know i am more experienced than you, judging by your post.

WAKE UP DEAR. NO OFFENCE INTENDED.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2011
Da Doctor:

@fxtopedia.

You are a pure novince, if you know what Government is you would be wiser.

Do you think it is a HUSBAND AND WIFE AFFAIR?

Learn to understand issues so that your obscurity can be brightened.

AT A POINT IN LAGOS FASHOLA WAS BEING FRUSTRATED BY THE HOUSE, it took the convention and meeting to get him going and retain the slot after he fell out.

the above shud open up to you the larger challenges a president has to bear, as he is not in the minds of his appointees and Governors but only believes in them.

Yes, you may be an opposition, but at least show an iota of reasonability even if it for a micro second.

You compare a state and a federation?? They are similar but dont have entirely same challenges.

You really need a taste of politics,

I tell you this cos i know[b] i am more experienced than you[/b], judging by your post.

WAKE UP DEAR. NO OFFENCE INTENDED.

Mr. Know all,
People like you can make mouth!  grin grin grin
What is the parameter you used to determine your experience in politics?
Well, you can  be better than everyone  here  when it comes to looting but on real things
that can move the country forward, I doubt it sir.

Come to think of it, how can someone complain before he starts his job? That shows WEAKNESS
If 4years too small why contesting in the first instance? Nobody expects miracle from him, but let you president
FOCUS on just two things:
1. Stagflation
2. Power

If he can tackle these two problem successfully, I tell you, people will ask him for 2nd term.

So Da Doctor, or what is your name sef, if your fail to synchronize real concept
from nominal concept, you only ended up in illusion and I guess that is what is
affecting you,  ROFLMAO
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by otitokoro1: 1:10pm On May 31, 2011
I think it is too early to complain because it was too late to reverse, grin grin grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by DaDoctor: 1:48pm On May 31, 2011
FXTOP,

I leave you to your opinion sir

BUT GET IT CLEAR, GOVERNANCE IS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK

BUT ALL IN ALL

PEOPLE DO WELL IN IT,

My records are there for me.

Open up your email addy and i will give you tru proves of my involvments.

it is not for public consumption, i will give you my details right from my grass root politics as a Unionist/activist.

IT IS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK, FOUR YEARS CANT CURE THE SICKNESS INFLICTED SINCE INCEPTION OF THIS COUNTRY BUTR A MILESTONE CAN BE ACHIEVED SO IF YOU THINK GEJ WILL DO MAGIC, PLEASE ERASE DAT FROM YOUR SUB CONCIOUS MIND.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 2:42pm On May 31, 2011
otitokoro1:

I think it is too early to complain because it was too late to reverse, grin grin grin
Da Doctor:

FXTOP,

I leave you to your opinion sir

BUT GET IT CLEAR, GOVERNANCE IS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK

BUT ALL IN ALL

PEOPLE DO WELL IN IT,

My records are there for me.

Open up your email addy and i will give you tru proves of my involvments.

it is not for public consumption, i will give you my details right from my grass root politics as a Unionist/activist.

IT IS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK, FOUR YEARS CANT CURE THE SICKNESS INFLICTED SINCE INCEPTION OF THIS COUNTRY BUTR A MILESTONE CAN BE ACHIEVED SO IF YOU THINK GEJ WILL DO MAGIC, PLEASE ERASE DAT FROM YOUR SUB CONCIOUS MIND.

Anybody that expects miracle from GEJ is joking! BUT we don't need paltry excuses that cannot exonerate him.
Let him tackle the two thing I mentioned, I tell you his name will be written in people's HEART forever.

Friend, when we talk of 4years, we would be talking of 208weeks or 1460days or 35040hours or 2,102,400mins! That is enough for a sound mind to effect a reasonable change in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan / Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters / Former Senator, Sahabi Ya'u Kaura Spotted Kissing Woman In His Office. Pics/Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.