Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? (24636 Views)

From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife / Pains Of A House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lindajames1010:

Woman have always been the one taking care of the kids ...... But I still stands with the fact that women should be alow to work or do business because that will ease little responsibility from the man's head ...
I did not say that they should quit their jobs or businesss... Did I?? I don't think I said that.
I just said, no matter what they do, they should not forget that nature had attached the food of infants on the body of a woman.
They can never run away from this particular job which nature gave them (even when they didn't bargain for it.)
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by alexola20(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
We just want a woman that will give us peace at home.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Kobicove(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
PrinceGallant:

You meant to say poor man, say? A right thinking man, who is rich, would jelously protect his wife,

What is he protecting her from?

No matter how wealthy a man is his wife should be engaged productively otherwise if anything happens to the man that woman will end up confused and stranded cos she will not be able to manage her husband's business!
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by TeeGentle(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
i will choose a career woman
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by RedChiefPriest: 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2021
Career or not o
My wife go work and me too go work
And we go dey contribute together just that mine will be more than hers
60/40
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by BigBashiru: 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
ImaIma1:

Really?

So you haven't seen husbands who refuse to allow their wives work?

The man chose the wife and vice versa so they both live with the consequences.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Sequel to this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man#106048053

[s]I think a married woman should not have to work. Your wife stands to be treated as a subordinate and even disrespected by her bosses. Some may try to make advances. A man should make enough money to a point that his wife does not have to work too.

What do you think ?[/s]
Even before christ era, women work to care for their family.

So don't worry about working class women. Worry about those women who are treated like subordinates in their own homes and treated like slaves and disease bucket because they don't have the means to care for themselves.
Many women would have agreed to be housewives but because negroes have abused their roles as heads of a home, every woman needs to be educated and financially independent. They must work except they are lazy.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Evangelynn(f): 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
bukatyne:

Do you think career is more important than child upbringing?

Nope but one mustn't sacrifice what makes them fulfilling for child upbringing because while the child is still under your roof the child will still bring him/herself up when they reach a certain stage you can only do what you can.

Career is very important

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Missionaire: 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Sequel to this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man#106048053

I think a married woman should not have to work. Your wife stands to be treated as a subordinate and even disrespected by her bosses. Some may try to make advances. A man should make enough money to a point that his wife does not have to work too.

What do you think ?

Firstly, I don't want my wife to be a housewife. It would make her redundant. I mean, what would she be doing at home? How would she stay mentally active? How would she make a mark in our society? How can she be phenomenal?
What I would do is To Help my wife build a successful career based on what she studied. If the issue of being bossed around in the office becomes too prominent to ignore, I would help her to build a dynamic business.
Whatever path she decides to follow, whether being an employee or employer, I would be supportive and help her become very successful.

But housewife is a no no biko.... She can't reach her full potentials being a housewife.

Meanwhile, for those who say they would like their wives to be housewives full-time. I want to know, would you marry an illiterate woman?
I mean a woman who only went to secondary school?
If yes, then fine. But if no, then you are being selfish. I mean, how would you marry a lady that is a graduate and will not allow her work?

Dear ladies, these are some things you need to bring up and discuss during dating / courtship and not be carried away by going to movies and dining in nice places. If you don't want to be a full-time housewife, talk it out during courtship and if he insists, let him go and marry the one that either isn't a graduate or is a graduate that can stay at home.

Some men don't want you women to make Your Own money. Their importance is fueled by how much you have to beg him to give you money for one thing or the other and to give your relatives.
Your papa wer send you go school no get sense abi? You wer burn midnight candle for school no get sense abi?
If a woman wants to, then fine but no woman who is graduate should be forced to stay home against her will.
If not, she fit become disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Evangelynn(f): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
SonyaSpence:

One who wants to enjoy the joy of having kids must also be willing to make sacrifices so as to ensure the children receive the needed care and attention even when it is at the expense of his convenience. This applies to both parents, it is their sole responsibility to train their children. It is left to them to decide how to balance this huge responsibility of raising their children with other things.

I often tell my friends, when you start having kids, you no longer fully live for yourself, you live for your children; thus, significant lifestyle changes are bound to happen.

Even though a child would grow up and eventually make his choices in life, these choices are greatly influenced by the child's upbringing.

"Train a child in the way he should go; Even when he grows old he will not depart from it" - Proverbs 22:6
No problem but nobody should lose themselves because they are living for their children you may not fully live for yourself but you shouldn't fully live for your children as well.A child can end up becoming an adult and discard all the upbringing he/she learnt hence why we learn,unlearn and relearn I know a lot of people that the way they are is completely different from the family they were raised in.It wasn't because their parents didn't have their time,they just grew up and chose something else.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by kurlz(f): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
n1ky:

I wonder ooo, both of us burning the midnight candles in the uni and is then is time for my enjoyment, he is now telling me not to work... that's wickedness. My parents that sent me to school made a mistake abi in order for me to work.
marry an illetrate if you want housewife

Yes o. And after opening the mall, he should never complain wherever I ask for money for myself and extended family.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Burgerlomo: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Both if possible grin
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
alexola20:
We just want a woman that will give us peace at home.

Will you be a man that gives his wife peace at home?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by suffering: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
In this day and age na career woman sure pass. Nobody wants a liability at home. I’ve seen multiple examples where the man suggests the wife stops working only for him to loathe her existence after a few years of staying home all day.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Habib101: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
Personally I don't like a woman that's not doing anything, she should have an activity doing minus the house activitie it must not really be business or working in office and I mention this not because I will rely on her sometimes far away from it infact she's not going to lack anything from me financially or otherwise but having her doing some activities is very important to her health and so on.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Gift0099: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nice
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Habib101: 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lindajames1010:
OP is saying the same thing my dad told my step mum few years ago .....
He was like wife are not suppose to work the only thing wife should do is cook, clean up the house and take care of the children ....I was shock at thet statement ..... because my dad was the only one doing all d hustle to feed the family he never agree to invest in he's wife's as at then...but right now he's depending on both my mum and my step mum for most financial assistance....
If he had invested on both wife earlier things will be more okay that it is now....

So I think career wife is okay but she should not be too focused on her job alone .
Correct talk
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by vivvica(f): 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
House wife in this century that both couples are supposed to compliment each other . So when she wants to buy any little thing, she comes and meet her husband , if advances is the problem even an house wife will have toasters because she will even have time to do other things . Men will hit on your wife regardless of her situation . For this period I believe a man and a woman should work so they can support each other
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by josite: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
Full-time wife will turn into an emotional wreck for lack of flexing
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2021
There should be a balance. I wouldn't want a woman whose career is her ultimate priority.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by TripleAkutigi: 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lindajames1010:
OP is saying the same thing my dad told my step mum few years ago .....
He was like wife are not suppose to work the only thing wife should do is cook, clean up the house and take care of the children ....I was shock at thet statement ..... because my dad was the only one doing all d hustle to feed the family he never agree to invest in he's wife's as at then...but right now he's depending on both my mum and my step mum for most financial assistance....
If he had invested on both wife earlier things will be more okay that it is now....

So I think career wife is okay but she should not be too focused on her job alone .
one chewing cola for you.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by lasisi69(f): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
ManAdii:
I want a career woman with a touch of house wife
shocked. Here, take and mould her

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Kendudu007(m): 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
lordally:

A business Woman is also a career woman in the line of her own business.
as long as she is not aiming for promotion or salary increment from one weyrey....and she is not receiving any form of query or warning letter for late coming lol bros a business woman is different from a career woman.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
cry
ImaIma1:
That's what my father inlaw told my mother inlaw. Now she complains because she's completely dependent on her children even from a young age after losing her husband.

Being hit on at work is not peculiar to women. Besides, it's not always the case. A man cannot hold his wife back from reaching her full potential because he thinks men will make passes at her. That's being selfish.

Husband and wife both went to school, but the woman is meant to sit at home. If her father was scared about men making passes at his daughter, he wouldn't have sent her to school.
As in ehn!!

My dad kept asking me if I was going to end up as a house wife before giving me money for jamb form. He said that if I end up as such, it is better he keeps the money and will be pained if such happens after training me to uni.

I respect housewives, because they do sacrifice a lot but it is not something I can do for a long time. I like working, earning and spending my money.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Dumbochristian: 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Just stick to what works for you..

Want a career woman? marry a career woman.

Want a stay at home wife?, marry a stay at home wife..

Life is that simple
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Snitch24:

Godforbid bad thing

My brother
If you are heavily loaded with c$sh, you will not be looking for a career woman.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 8:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
incogni2o:

That you can shout on any day any time abi grin grin

I always feel that career women has too much ego and an can easily cheat.

Although, anyone can cheat

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by millionboi(m): 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ayotemide:
Who is sending Misogynistic Threads to the front page? Why
does your entire existence revolve around what women do?
while are u in severed pain over d post
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Bamzyriches451: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
Damn
If only I will ever get married then I'm gon go for a career woman, I don't want a liability

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
ImaIma1:
That's what my father inlaw told my mother inlaw. Now she complains because she's completely dependent on her children even from a young age after losing her husband.

Being hit on at work is not peculiar to women. Besides, it's not always the case. A man cannot hold his wife back from reaching her full potential because he thinks men will make passes at her. That's being selfish.

Husband and wife both went to school, but the woman is meant to sit at home. If her father was scared about men making passes at his daughter, he wouldn't have sent her to school.

But the problem is over 80 per cent of Naija women will choose to be a housewife only a few really want to pursue a career, why do you think most ladies are looking for wealthy men in the first place?

As for me career woman or nothing, you don't know how relieved your financial burden will be. I have seen first-hand families and trust me the ones with a working class wife is far better.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by xorojinxx: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
I will definitely go for a Career Wife.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
bukatyne:

You think a housewife is a liability?

What is your definition of a liability? What is your definition of a house wife?
I really admire the way their reason. So many women are up for "women's choice" but all hell is let loose one a woman says she wants to be a house wife. Nothing bad in both cases in my own opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / Anyone Who Keeps Virginity Until Marriage Deserves To Brag – Reno / As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.