Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:36 PM

We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament (31162 Views)

You Told Child Voters, Bandits 'To Get Rid Of Jonathan, Elect Buhari’ - PANDEF / Sheikh Dahiru: Nigerians Didn’t Elect Buhari To Be Sold Like Animals / Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Wonk(m): 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
Finnese001:
Okay oo

Meanwhile, I need a trusted Data seller here please

@3pleDAssistant's been doing that for a very long time; He's the best I've ever seen!
#noRipping
#fast
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by oskopy: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
me I know their antic's, blood suckers they are.

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Telekinetic: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
Abujason:
The Northern Elders Forum has said that it regretted that it got rid of then President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 elections to vote in the incumbent, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The group expressed disappointment that Buhari has let down millions of Nigerians including members of the All Progressives Congress who trusted in his leadership prior to the poll six years ago.

NEF, therefore, said that the next President of Nigeria should be one who would act in the “opposite direction” of Buhari, who hails from Katsina, North-West Nigeria.

NEF Director of Publicity and Advocacy, Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, spoke on Tuesday when he featured on Arise TV’s ‘The Morning Show’ breakfast programme monitored by The PUNCH.

He said, “Is there any Nigerian who is not disappointed in President Buhari including diehard APC people? Is there anybody who would not tell you he wished President Buhari had done much better?

“We raised huge expectations, we told people, ‘Get rid of Jonathan, put Buhari there, he would fix corruption, he would fix insecurity, he would fix the economy’ (but) look at where we are now.

“How can anybody say they are happy with the record of President Buhari, even the people very close to him would tell you that they wished he could have done much better and he could have done much better and he hasn’t.”

Next president should act in opposite direction of Buhari’
The group’s spokesman said Nigeria needs a President who would act in the “opposite direction” of Buhari in terms of economic policies, security, amongst others.

“So, what we need to do now is to get ready to elect another President who would go in the opposite direction, a President who has a vision and a clear idea of what governance involves rather than just being a President. So, I am disappointed and that is why today, I am actively involved in trying to see that a new leader emerges in getting Nigerians a new lease of life,” Baba-Ahmed noted.

The PUNCH had reported that the group which was actively involved in the emergence of Buhari said that the President has failed in the two critical areas of security and economy and as such has “nothing new to offer” Nigerians. NEF had called for the resignation of Buhari in December 2020.

Goodluck Jonathan: Ex-Gov, ex-VP, ex-President
Jonathan, 63, –of the Peoples Democratic Party, was Nigeria’s Vice-President between 2007 and 2010. The former Bayelsa State governor assumed position as the President in 2010 after the death of then President Umaru Yar’adua, a two-term governor of Katsina State.

Jonathan subsequently contested the 2011 presidential election and won but lost his reelection in 2015 to Buhari, a former military head of state between 1983 and 1985.

Though out of Aso Rock, Jonathan has been seen working closely with the incumbent in his role as Special Envoy of the Economic Community of West African States.

With the 2023 elections fast approaching and the clamour for power shift to the South, Jonathan, who has the legal right to one more term as Nigeria’s President as the constitution permits all eligible Nigerians to be in office for two terms of eight years, has been receiving entreaties from the APC.

Read more… https://punchng.com/we-regret-getting-rid-of-jonathan-to-elect-buhari-northern-elders-lament/?amp

I’m waiting for the Buhari Media Cows and the Online Fulani Terrorists to comment grin

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by amc: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
I pray PDP field Jonathan again in 2023, so we an rest from this "we regret" charade. Let the people vote again and we will see how many people truly regretted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Abujason: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
Telekinetic:

I’m waiting for the Buhari Media Cows and the Online Fulani Terrorists to comment grin

Most of them will read this and pretend they did not see the article. If it’s about Igbo matter you will see all of them out in full force with the full assistance of few misguided South Westerners.

And as you can see, this article is not considered important or front page material by the so-called moderators. But Bobrisky and Toto Dike is more newsworthy to them.

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Pweetyccee(f): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
Mtcheeeew
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Shogologo: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2021
E be like say SAPA reach dem elders side too

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Ibkhaleel: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2021
It is false! Dr Baba Ahmed never said so!

The punch newspaper is at it again!

False news!
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by meolaniyi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
This People think they have sense. They want to bring him back to complete 4yrs and return back to the North

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by hedonido: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
The se smelly fools high on cow urine are playing silly mind games.

Bleep them.
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by CSTRR: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
Get Peter obi in.

Anything else and you are wasting your time.

2 Likes

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Skillsnigeria: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
grin
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by phemoral33: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
stories for the gods
crying over spilled milk
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by akinbode1(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
Awon werey gbogbo sad.....

Like for Jonathan
Share for buhari

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by chrisooblog: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
See this is what annoys me about Nigerian media sometimes. Where in the entire report did spokesman for the NEF say he regretted voting out Jonathan?

Is it such a stretch of the imagination that as much as he is disappointed in the Buhari administration he doesn't regret voting against GEJ?

Abujason:

https://punchng.com/we-regret-getting-rid-of-jonathan-to-elect-buhari-northern-elders-lament/?amp
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Ibkhaleel: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hakeem Baba-Ahmed

"Some Newspapers are spreading falsehood that Northern Elders Forum said it regrets supporting Buhari against Jonathan in 2015.We wish that PMB has lived up to expectations, but I never said we regret supporting him in 2015, not Jonathan.These are lies being deliberately peddled to smear the Forum.I have posted the full interview where this matter was discussed on my page."
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Yankee101: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
Even Jonah was kinder to the north than buhari
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by dasparrow: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
But they want another northern president in 2023. Am I right?

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
They still dey lament they never lamentate grin
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by BigYash: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
DSS over to you.. Somvori is inzultin da veresirent of nijeria grin una never see anything yet.. Keep on supporting terrorist

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by contigiency(m): 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
We don hear. But una go still wait make south produce president, after you can now produce whoever you want.
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by henrysam(m): 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
A failure will remain a failure, no matter his you window dressed him
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by manucho: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Them never see chomchim. 2023 is still far and everyone including the zombies on nairaland must collect
My brother you finsih the matter 2023 still far oh... You vote am you no vote na everybody dey hear am now ooo
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by izubext007: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
Sweet mouth talk.
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by daddytime(m): 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
Take them.by their fake words at your peril....

Ask yourself....how many version of the NEF abounds?

Northern politics 101

Start all the niceties about GEJ to prop him up and sell him adequately for the 1 term of 4 years and back to Jerusalem.

2 Likes

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Kdon2: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by contigiency(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
dasparrow:
But they want another northern president in 2023. Am I right?

Your brain de sharp
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Abujason: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
meolaniyi:
This People think they have sense. They want to bring him back to complete 4yrs and return back to the North

But he is not clever enough to realize the game about to be played against him and the South. If he takes the bait, as I am sure he likely will if offered , they will surround him with some evil Northerners like El-Rufai who will frustrate him all the way through to make him look worse than his first coming.
Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by okorogodwin4(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Umahi praying for another Buhari come 2023

1 Like

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Ibkhaleel: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hakeem Baba-Ahmed
Some Newspapers are spreading falsehood that Northern Elders Forum said it regrets supporting Buhari against Jonathan in 2015.We wish that PMB has lived up to expectations, but I never said we regret supporting him in 2015, not Jonathan.These are lies being deliberately peddled to smear the Forum.I have posted the full interview where this matter was discussed on my page.u

Re: We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
1diots. Because Buhari is not enriching your pockets abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism / Abati Counters Rufai Oseni On Live TV / Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.