Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE (5167 Views)

This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / See The Insults A FB Group Admin Reigns On His Moderator / Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 6:24am On Sep 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

This is a silly take.

There were topics around the same issue but involving MEN.

No one turned to siren and started to wail.
No one accused NL of gynocentricsm.

You people like to be victims. Even if the world was made up of only women. The more feminine ones will still cry of oppression.

You are wicked...lol
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by BRATISLAVA: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

Afraid??
Suspicious??
Seek to destroy??
Lol...U guys over react too much...get offended over beer palor gist and call it hatred....u guys are our daughters, mothers, sisters, cousin, aunts, it's funny when u people paint picture of hating over petty online gist...

It's "petty" until women get killed, beaten and raped in real life.

All of the perpetrators started somewhere, much like a lot of you as teenagers, and a lot of you have started your indoctrination online pending when you can actually get near a woman to abuse her.

And if that is what you call gist, abusing and scorning women, if you call misogyny gist, then you have a lot left to be desired.

Any excuse to trivialize what you do in a daily basis to women...

12 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It's "petty" until women get killed, beaten and raped in real life.

All of the perpetrators started somewhere, much like a lot of you as teenagers, and a lot of you have started your indoctrination online pending when you can actually get near a woman to abuse her.

And if that is what you call gist, abusing and scorning women, if you call misogyny gist, then you have a lot left to be desired.

Any excuse to trivialize what you do in a daily basis to women...

What exactly is your point...women commit crime against men just as men do it against women....crime and evil is in humans not gender specific.....but once it happens to your gender you make it look it's an agenda to destroy your kind....

Listen yourself...every talk is an abuse, scorn, kill, death, rape...it's almost like men can't talk without you painting a negative scenario or outome from

Sounds like you are the ones afraid and looking to destroy men that you don't understand over nothing..

Last last we still dey marry una every Saturday...so I don't get what all this hatred is all about

5 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Saintmary(f): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

Afraid??
Suspicious??
Seek to destroy??
Lol...U guys over react too much...get offended over beer palor gist and call it hatred....u guys are our daughters, mothers, sisters, cousin, aunts, it's funny when u people paint picture of hating over petty online gist...

Only three lines of sentences, and you're scared already.

You had better brace up, and quietly reap the rewards of the misogyny your forebears have sown and you have perpetuated, the privileges of which you have enjoyed.

7 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2021
Saintmary:

Only three lines of sentences, and you're scared already.

You had better brace up, and quietly reap the rewards of the misogyny your forebears have sown and you have perpetuated, the privileges of which you have enjoyed.

Scared of what...?? I don't get you

1 Like

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Missionaire: 9:10am On Sep 23, 2021

8 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Arsenate(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2021
Missionaire:
I don't get....
A lady created this:
https://www.nairaland.com/6753146/careers-men-turn-off-lady
Nah, this fact doesn't fit into the "women, victim" narrative. Delete this, bro. grin

3 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Missionaire: 11:04am On Sep 23, 2021
Arsenate:

Nah, this fact doesn't fit into the "women, victim" narrative. Delete this, bro. grin

The thing is very annoying... The OP used only two threads as justification for her rants and people cannot see that one of the thread is a counter thread.
The other day, one uyai lady here was writing that Nigerian men are useless and she wants to marry a white man.
The other lady created a thread that said that Nigerian men are rapists.
People no see that one.
Hatred is not about the gender, but the person.

7 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by BRATISLAVA: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2021
Missionaire:

The thing is very annoying... The OP used only two threads as justification for her rants and people cannot see that one of the thread is a counter thread.
The other day, one uyai lady here was writing that Nigerian men are useless and she wants to marry a white man.
The other lady created a thread that said that Nigerian men are rapists.
People no see that one.
Hatred is not about the gender, but the person.

In case you haven't noticed, Nigerian men post such things on a daily basis, all the time. That can't be an issue to you. You call it victimization, but go to the first page and check out the kind of topics males create about women. The vast hate generated on the forum is from males and directed at females.

Males create them endlessly and push them to the fore. Now, open any such topic and read the comments. Read them without bias and report back on your findings, if you've not programmed yourself to trivialize the constant insults, generalizations, cybetbullying and abuses directed at females.

It's interesting to note that you can count a few and use them as your strong points. But what about the flood of constant hate from Nigerian men?

Some of you will only know the effect of what you're indirectly supporting in future. Right now it's gist or fun that isn't funny.

The only normal males on the forum are the ones with daughters and didn't grow up in the gutters. They are the only ones who will admit to what is going on rather than playing whataboutism or ostrich.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by BRATISLAVA: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

What exactly is your point...women commit crime against men just as men do it against women....crime and evil is in humans not gender specific.....but once it happens to your gender you make it look it's an agenda to destroy your kind....

Listen yourself...every talk is an abuse, scorn, kill, death, rape...it's almost like men can't talk without you painting a negative scenario or outome from

Sounds like you are the ones afraid and looking to destroy men that you don't understand over nothing..

Last last we still dey marry una every Saturday...so I don't get what all this hatred is all about

You sound like one of the types who destroy women through trivialization of real issues.

You will still marry to oppress, hate and do all the things you glorify on the forum.

But for now, further discussion is pointless. When you are married and have a daughter, dig up all your posts and read them out to her as bedtime stories/gist. Since they are harmless.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by igbowoman: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2021
Ayotemide:
Twice today I have been baffled by Mods decision to move two brain depleting topics to the front page,

The first would be: Careers of a woman would put you off as a man? The low thinking thread lies here full of people with opinions, albeit brain-draining: https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man
Next would be: Would you want a Career Woman/ Wife? https://www.nairaland.com/6766070/want-career-woman-house-wife.

It is not a mistake to state that many men here are obsessed with women, their vagina matters, life and generally that they even exist.

All Careers done by men are ''good" and not expected to be a put off for women' in addition there is no word in the dictionary that says 'Career men', it is an anomaly.

At the root of these threads is the consuming need to control women, what they do and what they represent.
It's the same suffocating need that drives some men here to always blame women and find excuses for the violence meted against them. The same ones that vilify other women for having the audacity to have sexual pleasure away from weak joysticks that will never satisfy them.

It's the same need that puts the inglorious bastards that identify as red-pillers barking like dogs from a kennel about 'how evil women are' day and night like the unemployed.

Your mother would be proud to see the stuff you write about women here, Junior.

My requests are easy, we demand respect on these streets, a safe place from poorly-raised overfed bitter men; and more important topics that do not reduce women to commodities whose life goals are taunted by men who would never be enough.
cc: SEUN

Many of these bitter misogynists come from dysfunctional, broken and polygamous homes where they never experienced seeing love between their mom and dad.
They are boys raised by an abused woman who stayed in abuse longer than necessary.
Girls raised in abuse go on to marry men as abusive as their fathers while the boys go on to be just as abusive and wicked as their fathers
My fear is that these men who churn out the vitriol against women go on later to marry and make the life of someone's daughter a living hell.

Ladies please learn how to spot and avoid these men and please don't stay in abuse for the sake of the kids
They end up repeating the cycle.

8 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Saintmary(f): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

Scared of what...?? I don't get you

You don't need to understand.

5 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You sound like one of the types who destroy women through trivialization of real issues.

You will still marry to oppress, hate and do all the things you glorify on the forum.

But for now, further discussion is pointless. When you are married and have a daughter, dig up all your posts and read them out to her as bedtime stories/gist. Since they are harmless.

Destroy u Tru trivalization of issues?? Lol.
Is there anything you can't claim men want to use to destroy u...??

May b u should head to the house of assembly to pass laws that men shouldn't have opinions....even if there are only women in the world....u kind will still complain of victimization..
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Saintmary:

You don't need to understand.

Thank God...
dialogue with you isn't going to be civil anyways as u already think men are out to destroy your kind
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

All your talks are fallacy-driven
Everyone that doesn't agree with you is an evil man out to destroy ....I don't have to agree with your opinion to be civil, fair, and still not hate women..

...Incase u havent noticed, you are acting all paranoid at everything called male.

7 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by crackhaus: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
Missionaire:
I don't get....
A lady created this:
https://www.nairaland.com/6753146/careers-men-turn-off-lady
gringrin

It's the guys who went ahead to respond to the thread with counter arguments that I find worrying.

When I saw the topic last night, I was hoping the content would be something worth anything – only for me to read through it, and furthermore through some comments by female contributors, and my wish afterwards was that no guy should even try making sense with a response to any of it.

It's almost always best to watch and allow these people wallow in their self-deceit while giving themselves agama lizard high-fives.

A gender that tries so hard to paint itself like some innocent group of humans as if the rest of the world should act blind... makes me giggle nonstop.

The OP even ended her soliloquy with a "demand for respect". Fancy that? cheesy

Like in what universe do you get to demand anything from anyone without earning it?

Just typical snowflake behaviours on display here... Nothing new.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
crackhaus:

gringrin

It's the guys who went ahead to respond to the thread with counter arguments that I find worrying.

When I saw the topic last night, I was hoping the content would be something worth anything – only for me to read through it, and furthermore through some comments by female contributors, and my wish afterwards was that no guy should even try making sense with a response to any of it.

It's almost always best to watch and allow these people wallow in their self-deceit while giving themselves agama lizard high-fives.

A gender that tries so hard to paint itself like some innocent group of humans as if the rest of the world should act blind... makes me giggle nonstop.

Like in what universe do you get to demand anything from anyone without earning it?

Sometimes you gotta let someone know they are being petty
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Missionaire: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

In case you haven't noticed, Nigerian men post such things on a daily basis, all the time. That can't be an issue to you. You call it victimization, but go to the first page and check out the kind of topics males create about women. The vast hate generated on the forum is from males and directed at females.

Males create them endlessly and push them to the fore. Now, open any such topic and read the comments. Read them without bias and report back on your findings, if you've not programmed yourself to trivialize the constant insults, generalizations, cybetbullying and abuses directed at females.

It's interesting to note that you can count a few and use them as your strong points. But what about the flood of constant hate from Nigerian men?

Some of you will only know the effect of what you're indirectly supporting in future. Right now it's gist or fun that isn't funny.

The only normal males on the forum are the ones with daughters and didn't grow up in the gutters. They are the only ones who will admit to what is going on rather than playing whataboutism or ostrich.

The way some of you open your mouth waaaaa is something else.
1. I never said anything about victimization. I don't know where you got that from. You should learn to be non sentimental in your approach to sensitive topics like this.
The OP used a thread that was a counter thread to justify her points and arguments. She knew very well that it was a counter thread that wouldn't have existed if the first thread hadn't been created but she instead chose to engage in half truths. She should have left that thread and used others that are solo to buttress her arguments.
2. The hasten generalization here by you, the OP and some others is appalling. Using the term "Nigerian Men" is generalization. Are all Nigerian men on nairaland? Is this how all Nigerian men and women behave? What you focus on will always expand. If you find yourself in an environment where people are lazy, you may be conditioned to think that everyone is lazy. Education is supposed to equip us with the mental capacity to be objective and not sentimental. You will always find people at both ends of a spectrum who are extremists and few others in the middle who seek to strike a balance. It is not about the gender, but about the individual.
3. The people who create threads are not the ones who push them to the front-page. It is the moderators that do that. When particular types of threads are pushed to the front-page over a period of time, it can form the mindset that that is the norm. The narrative cannot be changed unless less of threads that reek of misogyny, low budget and bitter feminism are pushed to the front-page. On this platform, for every misogyny moniker, there is a misandry moniker.
So channel your frustrations and anger towards the owner of this platform who have allowed misogyny, misandry, tribalism, religious intolerance etc to reign freely on this platform. Don't quote me on what I didn't do or say. I don't dislike men or women, I dislike people. I don't hate the gender, I hate the character. Even on the thread that talks about allowing wives to work or not, I wrote as objectively as I can.

Don't quote me out of context.

1 Like

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by crackhaus: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

Sometimes you gotta let someone know they are being petty
True... but ONLY with someone or people you care about and about what they think, since their disposition/opinion could be of direct consequence to you.

Anyone outside that circle is a waste of time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
crackhaus:

True... but ONLY with someone or people you care about and care about what they think, because their disposition/opinion could be of direct consequence to you.

Anyone outside that circle is a waste of time.

So you propse of ignoring a ranting woman?? That's not a good option...it could lead to world war three...

From my experience..u gotta just showed inulge women...whether their ranting reason is substantial or petty...or just lack or having a boyfriend..
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Missionaire: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
crackhaus:

gringrin

And this is where the problem lies. The entitlement mentality is repulsive. Whatever is worth anything can only be earned and this goes to all individuals.
When a lady for example leaves her boyfriend for a richer guy like in the case of Chioma and Davido, you would see some ladies here hailing her and justifying it with how every lady deserved to be taken care of. And then when she is dumped by the guy, they will still blame the guy and rain curses on him like Davido dumping Chioma ish.
Some ladies will blame men for everything.
Nairaland is a place where anybody can fantasize about anything.... Anybody can be an idealist on nairaland, na when we off our data and log out from nairaland, na that time we go see say reality dey wait for us.
One lady was saying that she would put her father as NOK and then change it to her children after giving birth. She said she cannot put her hubby as NOK. She is yet to get married ooo... She is fantasizing. The question is, can such be realistic?
Some just come here to live a different life other than what they are currently living in their homes and society.

2 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by crackhaus: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

So you propse of ignoring a ranting woman?? That's not a good option...it could lead to world war three...

From my experience..u gotta just showed inulge women...whether their ranting reason is substantial or petty...or just lack or having a boyfriend..
YES... as long as the ranting woman is NOT your woman (wife, girlfriend, sister, or mother).

But sha, continue indulging. Na my own I just talk... grin

2 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

This!!
These kinds of people are worse than the actual ranting and raving I-hate-all-women-Nigerian-girls-are-evil kind of folks.

7 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by BRATISLAVA: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

All your talks are fallacy-driven
Everyone that doesn't agree with you is an evil man out to destroy ....I don't have to agree with your opinion to be civil, fair, and still not hate women..

...Incase u havent noticed, you are acting all paranoid at everything called male.

The typical approach of men to women issues is this quote above.

All your talk has been escapism. And blatant fallacy.

You don't have to agree with anything a female says, but it doesn't negate the truth.Your opinion on what is true for women, when you have a penis is amusing.

When men want to escape the truth they hide behind anything, even false accusations of paranoia. Isn't it funny how many women are paranoid, according to you? Mansplain some more.

This discussion is over.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by OG1BABY(f): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
Does it really matter? It does not affect the said women they are complaining about

1 Like

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

The typical approach of men to women issues is this quote above.

All your talk has been escapism. And blatant fallacy.

You don't have to agree with anything a female says, but it doesn't negate the truth.Your opinion on what is true for women, when you have a penis is amusing.

When men want to escape the truth they hide behind anything, even false accusations of paranoia. Isn't it funny how many women are paranoid, according to you? Mansplain some more.

This discussion is over.

Gosh!! You are different specimen of feminist...but I'm not surprised....I've seen worse from those with louder voices than yours.... They come.online, all beast mode but are are the opposite offline and when they need a man... U right....it's pointless talking with your kind...

2 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by angelfallz(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
Op You can always jump and pass.
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by crackhaus: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

Gosh!! You are different specimen of feminist...but I'm not surprised....I've seen worse from those with louder voices than yours.... They come.online, all beast mode but are are the opposite offline and when they need a man... U right.... it's pointless talking with your kind...
Took you a while but you arrived at the predetermined destination. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2021
crackhaus:

Took you a while but you arrived at the predetermined destination. cheesy

U see insult in everything...
Mehnnn!! your paranoial mode is on steriod.. how do u even relate with people offline.?? That's a rhetorical question abeg...no answer ooo

1 Like

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by JovialJune(f): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
advanceDNA:

Gosh!! You are different specimen of feminist...but I'm not surprised....I've seen worse from those with louder voices than yours.... They come.online, all beast mode but are are the opposite offline and when they need a man... U right....it's pointless talking with your kind...

And you arrived at the bolded, equating everyone as ladies in your enclave or your sisters, your rants right from your first comment was baseless and empty, you went from going personal with the Op, to gallivanting sheepishly about with other females, your kind cannot be more than the walkabouts in the streets who come here to make mouth like a weasel when you are actually a worm in real life, I blame Bratislava for wasting her time with an empty lot, all of you so called male have commented irrationally and senselessly on here, which is expected actually, because you all don't even know your left from right, always facing front like people being remote controlled,

Imagine one yapping about because of the thread op used as reference, instead of focusing on what is seen everywhere in most threads by guys, their problem is cos it was a counter thread, does it change the obvious fact that is seen by thread created by most guys? Honestly the sets of men existing here all have the same empty brain, even the ones that try to behave matured lowkey supports the rants of the raving ones to a 't', keep at it, online persona is not reality, I blame bratis for trying to be reasonable with y'all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
JovialJune:

And you arrived at the bolded, equating everyone as ladies in your enclave or your sisters, your rants right from your first comment was baseless and empty, you went from going personal with the Op, to gallivanting sheepishly about with other females, your kind cannot be more than the walkabouts in the streets who come here to make mouth like a weasel when you are actually a worm in real life, I blame Bratislava for wasting her time with an empty lot, all of you so called male have commented irrationally and senselessly on here, which is expected actually, because you all don't even know your left from right, always facing front like people being remote controlled,

Imagine one yapping about because of the thread op used as reference, instead of focusing on what is seen everywhere in most threads by guys, their problem is cos it was a counter thread, does it change the obvious fact that is seen by thread created by most guys? Honestly the sets of men existing here all have the same empty brain, even the ones that try to behave matured lowkey supports the rants of the raving ones to a 't', keep at it, online persona is not reality, I blame bratis for trying to be reasonable with y'all.

I dont dialogue with people that quote me out of context...I said some many things before this, so that comment has a premise....
What's more, u comment is ong and full of insults....you are not making any point...please rephrase in civil manner
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Ayotemide(f): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2021
One can only read through the myriad of nonsense here to know that we are dealing with a mindset that is dangerous to all tenets of sanity.

This has been labelled the rantings of a woman, the problem with feminism and even compared with another thread. Fight your battles. Bring them to the fore if they disturb you. You will not trivialise my concerns by pointing out that it is done by women also, That is for you to get out on your own terms or not.

I demand respect Mr and I will get it.

Stop posting worthless women-demeaning threads on the front page, going off like adult circumcised males whose wounds have been touched with pepper will not stop my demanding it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please, My Good People I Need Sewing Machine / Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? / Please What Do These Calabar Names Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.