Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail (11648 Views)

The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / Lagos Govt Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba, Ojuelegba, Mushin / LASTMA Announces Traffic Diversion For Tinubu’s Five-million-man Walk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by nkiliuzo(m): 7:04am On Sep 23, 2021
see as this small state is forming big man for naija! state wey no get oil, our leaders for south south ehn

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Newton85: 7:17am On Sep 23, 2021
This is why screaming "Tinubu's puppet" is a poor, stupid election-winning strategy in Lagos. While Lagos has also been mismanaged and should be doing far, far, far better than it is doing currently, one still can't really deny that this "Tinubu's puppet" is far better than the vast majority of governors in Nigeria. Better to have a"Tinubu's puppet" as governor than having a deplorable, useless, and utterly worthless scallywag like Okezie Ikpeazu as governor.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Newton85: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2021
Taiwojon:
Ok ooo

Another hold up and go slow incoming!

Well
No more delay
Turn away from your sins

The Lord Jesus is at hand
Repent, believe and accept Jesus as your lord and savior.

Jesus saves
Yeah, keep waiting for some non-existent character called Jesus to come soon, sheeple.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Prinzton(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2021
Lisaint:

Let’s stop misinforming the public
LASG is only constructing train/road from Marina to okokomaiko
Not marina to Badagry

FG is handling it from that part to Badagry
Thank you sir

The rail line has been abandoned at mile 2.
While the road at church bustop- okokomaiko
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by PIMPAR: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2021
ironheart:
What happened to the rail line started by fashola? No continuity
Stop exposing your ignorance. It's same project
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Taiwojon(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Newton85:
Yeah, keep waiting for some non-existent character called Jesus to come soon, sheeple.
Thank you
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Ishilove: 7:54am On Sep 23, 2021
Odss11:
Lagos is a big construction site....
It's seriously inconveniencing. They are just breaking and scattering everywhere at the same time.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by bonnyhope: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2021
potland:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/09/22/lagos-announces-traffic-diversion-in-yaba-for-red-line-rail/

Those that understand this traffic diversion, does it affect someone heading to UNILAG from Ikoyi?

Pls I need explanation
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by naptu2: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2021
Ishilove:

It's seriously inconveniencing. They are just breaking and scattering everywhere at the same time.

grin grin grin

That's one of the problems of governance.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by dododawa1: 8:30am On Sep 23, 2021
Eko onibaje

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by makaveli902: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2021
whytediamond:
The next 10years will define how big and crucial Lagos will become in Africa. Imagine a Lagos with 4th Mainland Bridge and a fully functional and effective intra-city railway system.

All this constructions going on in Lagos will only create more problem for Lagos and the country as a whole. Lagos State is already over populated,what stops the FG from takling this Port Congestion ones and for all. There are other Sea Ports in country Delta, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom all have potential of Importing and exporting goods and services.
Not to talk of Dangote refinary which is about 70% complete, the Lekki Free Trade Zone, and another Deep Sea Ports all in Lekki (Lagos State).
Tell me if America has concentrated every utility in New York for example will America be what it is today? You can conveniently import/export your goods in Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, or San Francisco if you are on the West Coast, not to talk of Miami, Houston, Orlando, New Orleans, New Jersey and so on.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by emerged01(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2021
ironheart:
They are very much on it compare to Ambode's time. Ambode wasted 4 yrs on that project.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Laideabdulahi: 9:55am On Sep 23, 2021
makaveli902:

All this constructions going on in Lagos will only create more problem for Lagos and the country as a whole. Lagos State is already over populated,what stops the FG from takling this Port Congestion ones and for all. There are other Sea Ports in country Delta, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom all have potential of Importing and exporting goods and services.
Not to talk of Dangote refinary which is about 70% complete, the Lekki Free Trade Zone, and another Deep Sea Ports all in Lekki (Lagos State).
Tell me if America has concentrated every utility in New York for example will America be what it is today? You can conveniently import/export your goods in Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, or San Francisco if you are on the West Coast, not to talk of Miami, Houston, Orlando, New Orleans, New Jersey and so on.

Exactly what Lagos and the country needs
Decentralization.
But greed won't allow some people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by tnerro1(m): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2021
Just imagine if Lagos starts collecting their VAT, the kind of transformation Lagos will go through. Even me will leave Abuja for Lagos.
Eko o ni baje oooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Mrsheff(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2021
ironheart:

Same project
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by sirfemoz(m): 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ajibel:

If they don't do these, the project completion will linger and won't be completed on time and people will complain that a state like Lagos is using 15 years to build a single rail line.

No pain no gain

That's not the point here. How can the government be constructing all the roads at the same time. Why can't it be done one after the other? That way, it makes it less uncomfortable for the citizens. Road construction is good, don't get me wrong.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by sirfemoz(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
arsenal33:
Relocate to a state that is not constructing anything for its future

Let me pretend that I didn't see this, cos it's obvious you said this for fun.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Echoban: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
makaveli902:

So in ur opinion Lagos should stop building the rail, 4th mainland, lekki deep seaport so as to decongest?? Are they the reason for other state underdevelopment??

Last I check Onne port is functioning with same charge nd duty like apapa, I don't really know what u mean again..

U forgot most manufacturer are in Lagos and ogun, so they LL definitely use the port closer to them..

U urself between SW and SS/SE where would u love to build ur company?? SW comes with the market.. leave FG out of it, ask urself why Dangote choose SW over SS or SE.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by barcaboi(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
ironheart:
Oga that redline and blue line is the continuation of fashola work. It’s not an overnight thing
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by barcaboi(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
sirfemoz:
Road diversion and construction no dey ever finish in lagos. Sometimes I just wonder if this government does that intentionally, just for us to spend more time in traffic.
If dem no do construction una go complain.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by barcaboi(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
Eastlink:
Great one. Eko O Ni Gbaje O. I also noticed another internal rail work ongoing in Awolowo road Ikeja. I guess all these interconnected railways in Lagos is the masterplan laid down by Jakande.

That of the Lagos-Ibadan rail that connects Iddo, and Apapa is ongoing and some completed. While that started by Fashola from Marina to Badagry might be operational from next year looking at the speed of work in that axis. I once told my elder brother that I see the federal government connecting Lekki with the coastal railways with plans to use the rail Marina section and drive all through Victoria Island to Epe down to Warri, Benin, Asaba, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, P/H to Calabar.

If all these railways projects can be completed in time (but trust bureaucracy), Lagos might end up as the biggest metropolis in Africa competing only with itself.
It’s not the jakande own; that one ended on paper and that was 1980s. Give Tinubu and fashola their kudos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by barcaboi(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
benuejosh:
I just hope governor Ortom is reading or seeing this. Land buying master.
Hearing? He hears only when Fulani is mentioned
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by Ajibel(m): 2:42am On Sep 24, 2021
sirfemoz:

That's not the point here. How can the government be constructing all the roads at the same time. Why can't it be done one after the other? That way, it makes it less uncomfortable for the citizens. Road construction is good, don't get me wrong.

It can't be done one after the other, because there are quite a lot of bad roads that needs to be in good shape.

Now imagine say, in your area there's a bad road yearning to be fixed and the govt tells you they're waiting to complete other roads before they do yours, how will you and those living in that area take it? And note most of the road construction projects takes between 6-18months to finish up depending on the length.

Also, they factor in weather and availability of funds. So a govt won't want to pass on the opportunity of a good weather not to fix as much roads as possible on time to ease the pains of the masses.

It's very inconveniencing, I must say that because I've also once been stuck for about 5hrs along Oshodi-Abule egba road due to the road construction but the moment it was completed, we enjoyed an improvement in journey time.
Re: Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba For Red Line Rail by sirfemoz(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2021
Ajibel:

It can't be done one after the other, because there are quite a lot of bad roads that needs to be in good shape.

Now imagine say, in your area there's a bad road yearning to be fixed and the govt tells you they're waiting to complete other roads before they do yours, how will you and those living in that area take it? And note most of the road construction projects takes between 6-18months to finish up depending on the length.

Also, they factor in weather and availability of funds. So a govt won't want to pass on the opportunity of a good weather not to fix as much roads as possible on time to ease the pains of the masses.

It's very inconveniencing, I must say that because I've also once been stuck for about 5hrs along Oshodi-Abule egba road due to the road construction but the moment it was completed, we enjoyed an improvement in journey time.

I quite agree on what you said, but note that there's no time or season road construction doesn't go on in lagos. The stress and suffering is too much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Need To Know Before Travelling To Morocco / Aviation Unions Besiege Aero Contractors Over Workers’ Suspension / Commercial Operations Begin On Lagos-ibadan Railway In September –NRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.