Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) (54003 Views)

Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong / How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? / Which Domestic Animal Are You Afraid Of The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Lashbaba(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
I share same view...
fuckingAyaya:
A python is within that area,that cat looks like something that was vomited from a python's belle

1 Like

Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by micxwell(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Woman can kill anything..
So the Women around you are domestic animals right?
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
room089:
A raccoon or coyote killed your pet!
A Coyote in Nigeria?
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
hopexter:

Ova leave Op out of it. This is how you fail. You were Clearly told to state a domestic animal, or wasn’t that the question?
THIS is NOT a Senior WAEC EXAM..

AND..

I take it you didn't bother to read the article..

You jumped to the headline..

Like a typical Nigerian,averse to reading and started looking for who to attack..

Something killed the cat and the OP clearly doesn't know WHAT..

Most people here have an opinion that it might be a PYTHON or other Snakes..

Tell me..

Is a Snake also part of your DOMESTIC ANIMALS?

Or they too,have failed the SSCE Question..
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by hopexter(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
THIS is NOT a Senior WAEC EXAM..

AND..

I take it you didn't bother to read the article..

You jumped to the headline..

Like a typical Nigerian,averse to reading and started looking for who to attack..

Something killed the cat and the OP clearly doesn't know WHAT..

Most people here have an opinion that it might be a PYTHON or other Snakes..

Tell me..

Is a Snake also part of your DOMESTIC ANIMALS?

Or they too,have failed the SSCE Question..

Snake is not a domestic animal, glad you found those you failed with. WHICH domestic animal was the question.Even if the OP doesn’t know, but you failed as well grin grin
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
hopexter:

Snake is not a domestic animal, glad you found those you failed with. WHICH domestic animal was the question.Even if the OP doesn’t know, but you failed as well grin grin
Oga go and read the post properly and stop forming i too know..

This is what someone with sense wrote..

And you are here forming an Oxford English Professor..

ubee:
Why the need for the "domestic" in your question? A cat killed in the middle of the night outside and you are narrowing it down to a domestic animal attacker?

A feral cat or dog possibly killed the cat. A feral cat or dog isn't domestic anymore.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by iampreciouss: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Woman can kill anything..
so since when is women now been called domestic animals grin grin
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2021
tooth4tooth:
You can see the body of the cat is moist with what I suspect to be digestive fluid .It was probably regurgitated.

Yes boss. Ur absolutely correct. There's fluid all over its body. Snakes always drenches their preys with saliva which helps in pulling it into their esophagus.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 2:04am On Sep 24, 2021
KingDash:
python.. it gotta be, as a zoologist I know this type of shit.
what makes you think it's python
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by KingDash: 3:39am On Sep 24, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
what makes you think it's python
baba I say I be zoologist, so you go tell me say I no know my work.. well the cat's moisted and the way the fur on it looks I'm 100 percent certain it was a python.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2021
nairamaniac:
Op. This is as a result of witch craft.

The cat was it's way to a very important meeting when it's rival witches attacked it.
go school you no gree, now see your mentality embarassed
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2021
Robertsm1:
Nobody notice that the rain felled the ground looks wet and that is why the cat is wet ,So
The are three things that can kill that cat
A.python
2.Dog
Probably an Human
God bless you for this observation
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2021
ubee:
Na so una go just dey talk wetin you no sabi. A Civet is wholly omnivore, and very timid. A Civet is too big and strong for a cat to attack, and a Civet wouldn't even get in a fight with a cat at all.
A cat and a civet have no business fighting each other and would go their separate ways if their paths cross.

I would have suspected a pack of dogs, but the OP did not report hearing growling sounds of dogs, so I go for two possible scenarios.

1) It was killed in a fight with a cat or several cats
2) It was a rabid cat that finally succumbed to the virus. Rabid cats or dogs when dying could make lots of noise similar to what the OP heard.
rabies takes days before it kills and not just in a night. it could be a strike or venom from a snake
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2021
Oesophagus99:
NO ANIMAL WILL KILL IT WITHOUT INJURIES..

SO THE CAT ATE "ZINC PHOSPHIDE" WHICH DESTROYS LIVER.

Since CATS CAN VOMIT TOXIC CONTENT..

THAT STRANGE TONES OF SOUNDS YOU HEARD WAS FROM THE DYING CAT TRYING TO VOMIT OR FIGHT OF THE POISON BUT IT COULDN'T..

COZ IT'S LIVER WAS GONE.
brilliant analysis
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 7:56am On Sep 24, 2021
saintobing:
gabon viper venom killed it..
no be only Gabon na Zambia.
it's gaboon
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2021
byteem:

No from the suuronding it rained or at least there was light shower that's why dead cat is wet.. if swallowed it will be streamlined ... with bones broken to align straight for ease of swallowing.. It's a snake alright but a poisonous one.. they had a fight cat lost
God bless you for this brilliant analysis
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by GrandFinale2021(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2021
08064978510:
Thank ur start u didn't come outside oo, na style wey armed robbers dey use rob people house, by disturbing ur pet (dog, cat) even for those who have goat or chicken, after much noise you will be forced to check what's going on outside, with that they will gain entrance to ur home and Rob u off ur valuable and if u no come out the either go with ur pet of kill it.... Let always be mindful and careful
hahahahaha now this is funny grin
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by nairamaniac: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
go school you no gree, now see your mentality embarassed

Didn't you study Religious Studies at some point in School?

Were there no stories of witches and other spiritual likes in those teaches?

Now it's clear you are the illitrate.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
Opistorincos:

Domestic animal. Only a dog can do this. If it's not a dog, then, it's a roaming honey badger.

Dogs tear apart anything they kill, if it were a dog it would be in bad shape that you won't really recognize that its a cat
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nanavati:
My BB can kill it

embarassed she's so adorable
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
mespusinglez:
Leopard in a city where there Is no bush?

He was describing a civet using a leopard (though apart from a few spots on some parts of the body, a civet looks as much as a leopard as it looks like a f**king whale).
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
benuejosh:
Is that a cat or Fossa?

The FOSSA!!! Run for your lives!!!
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
KingDash:
python.. it gotta be, as a zoologist I know this type of shit.

A python is a constrictor. That cat doesn't look like it was constricted. A venomous snake is most probably the culprit.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Scatterscatter:
It can only be a python.

Analyzing the image and the OP's report :

1. the cat looks drenched in liquid (most likely the python's gastric fluid)
2. No sign of laceration or deep teeth bite
3. You heard noise, most likely the noise of the cat only which means it was strangled to death.
4.And why the cat is still here is because the python spat it out due to discomfort or because it had to escape due to what ever reason.

Be on the watchout for the python as nature is about to provide you with free meat for peppersoup grin

1. Being drenched could have been due to rain/dew etc.
2. The laceration/bite might be on the side on which its lying down.
3. Cobras and mambas don't make noise either. Even if a cat is fighting a butterfly it will still be hissing.
4. If the python had swallowed it whole, it would have crawled somewhere safe to digest. It wouldn't risk regurgitating it, because that would put it at a greater risk.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by KingDash: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

A python is a constrictor. That cat doesn't look like it was constricted. A venomous snake is most probably the culprit.
it look like it got swallowed tho
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

1. Being drenched could have been due to rain/dew etc.
2. The laceration/bite might be on the side on which its lying down.
3. Cobras and mambas don't make noise either. Even if a cat is fighting a butterfly it will still be hissing.
4. If the python had swallowed it whole, it would have crawled somewhere safe to digest. It wouldn't risk regurgitating it, because that would put it at a greater risk.

1) look at the surrounding, does it look damp?
2) Yes, a bite or laceration may be at the other side but I said that cos there's no sign of blood either on the cat or on the ground. This suggests it wasn't killed by a dog, leopard etc.
3)Yes, a venomous snake could have done this but the cat won't die, stretched and drenched in "liquid". This suggests it was strangled to death hence the stretch and swallowed, hence the dampness.
4) this you can't be certain of. The OP needs to say if he heard the noise at dawn or early in the night.
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2021
It should be a snake
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
pstmikol1:

Please sir, sorry for disturbing you, my brother fees is not more than 50k, please help us with anything in your capacity sir, we will appreciate it, thank you sir

Go to your state governor’s office and demand a meeting with him. They have all our money. It’s your right! If I have 50k right now I won’t be at home
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by mespusinglez(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hammer2022 NO VEX ABEG FIND ME ANYTHING FOR NIGHT SUB
07034934587 MTN
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
mespusinglez:
Hammer2022 NO VEX ABEG FIND ME ANYTHING FOR NIGHT SUB

N
Sent 1000mb
Re: Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) by mespusinglez(m): 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hammer2022:
Sent 1000mb
SEEN...THANKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Monkey Seen Exercising, Doing Press Up (photos, Video) / Man Spotted Bathing His Lion In Lekki (Video) / Dog Protects Its Owner Who Slept At The Middle Of The Road After Being Drunk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.