Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) (55680 Views)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Students Wear Ankara As School Uniforms In Anambra - Twitter User Claims / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays (2) (3) (4)

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by AmuEbule: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2021
Correct cheesy cheesy
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Crossroad1(m): 9:34am On Sep 23, 2021
Oporrrr
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by wwwihy: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2021
lessonotes:
Beautiful
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2021
post=106088652:
Bubendorff Memorial Grammar School, Adazi Nnukwu, Anambra state

Boys school in Adazi Nnukwu

Why use a foreign name for a school only to have them wearing Isi Agu? Bubendorf is a location in Switzerland and the school is in Anambra. grin

They should have used an igbo-centric name for the school...

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by PediakAuthor: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Whaooo...
Ogbeni Rauf also proposed something like that for Osun State years back... It's such a nice gesture; to promote our traditional/cultural heritage in Nigeria and to revitalize the such degrading institutions...
Some of the kids of this era have zero iota of historical relevance for humanity.

The respect for Culture and tradition is the foundation a successful democracy.
Come to think about this; "England still respects her traditional institution up till date..." etc... etc...
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Gabkosh: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Nice one. The main koko is to get educated, not the cloth they wear.

We should start doing this in our society, enough of copy cat of oyinbo people.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Damzy101(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
They even rock it better than ... grin grin
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by psychologist(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Cfd
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by generalwo(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
A symbol of culture of the igbos have now turned into school uniform, uniform wen kids go take dey rub ground dey play ball..... Tell me why anyone would wanna take ipob serious after this stunt? I don't know who gives them this kind of advise sha but the person just wan run them down
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Nkitara: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
theInterpreter:
Ile Ife is not any first son anything
Keep your whole mouth off Yoruba business undecided
You should realise by now that the idiot isn't from the South, always blabbing
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Gabkosh: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2021
post=106088874:
LORETTO SPECIAL SCIENCE SCHOOL, ADAZI NNUKWU

Girls Secondry school also in Adazi Nnukwu, Anambra state
We are not here to show school buildings. Don't start your mumuness
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by mariovito(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2021
They look regal. It should be a ceremonial wear, or worn once a week.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2021
ariesbull:
Anambra state is the Igbo first born and leader

Just like Ile ife in osun is Yoruba first born

Kano is Hausa first born
This story about Anambra state, a state created by one murderous Murtala Mohammed and amended by the likes of Babangida and Abacha, being the first son of Igbo land is so jejune and infuriating that most of us non Anambrarians seldom try to dignify this warped thinking with a response..

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by AmuEbule: 9:37am On Sep 23, 2021
ba7man:
My guy wants to know if the Isi-agu was given to them by IPOB. grin

YES! Ok go and hug transformer or wait for your 7 virgins when you die while looking for people like kidnap. grin lipsrsealed

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Thank you, I also share the same feelings. Ishiagu is almost becoming an everyday babariga wear like the abokis do.
Ishiagu is a masculine wear for special occassions. Even red caps are meant only for titled men, but today you see every peter, paul and clearing wearing red caps and looking like effigies. I am not a titled man and I have never worn a red cap.
Red caps are now sold in traffic and go-slows like aboki caps. Pity.
Exactly. Isi Agu is a revered Igbo attire but it has been bastardized. I saw some weed smoking young boys wearing it while smoking and it pained me. Back in the days you dare not wear it if you aren't a titled man

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Bamzyriches451: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2021
Looks nice on them
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Jibsy203(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2021
Am a Yoruba Muslim miscreant skull miner from Heebadan and am in severe pains right now grin grin grin

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by bukatyne(f): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:
Ishi agu is not an everyday dress for heavens sake! I'm all for the showcasing of our amazing culture but we should also realize that wearing a dress code for the right occasion is important in terms of preserving our culture. These days I see some wayward females sowing skirts with ishi agu materials. Many young boys use this revered material to sow their "fashionable" T shirt. ArĂ¹!

What is the Ishi agu material for?
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by izubext007: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2021
The students looks like those brown ants. Any way is fine but should be wore on Fridays.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Uguruzik(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2021
Truthissupreme:
Aboki turning up in their own isi agu to school
Isi bar, Fulani Islamic police
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by billante(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2021
Gabkosh:
We are not here to show school buildings. Don't start your mumuness

For his own thread Kwa!

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Focusmind: 9:43am On Sep 23, 2021
post=106088652:
Bubendorff Memorial Grammar School, Adazi Nnukwu, Anambra state

Boys school in Adazi Nnukwu

Adazi Nnukwu, the center of Catholic evangelism after Onitsha in the former Eastern Region. It ranked second to Onitsha.

Bubendorff baptized lots of converts in that area from 1940 to 1965, covering many towns within that vicinity. I think my Dad was part of the people baptized by the Irish fathers that made Adazi Nnukwu the cradle of catholic evangelism and center of learning in the East.

God bless Bishops Shanahan, Charles Heerey, Bubendorff etc.

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by bukatyne(f): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2021
Looks very colorful but a poster has said it is not every day material.

Maybe ankara would have worked.

And I see the girls wearing regular uniforms.

They should have chosen an attire that boys & girls can use for uniformity.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2021
If the fabrics are made in Nigeria, good for economy.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by MrColdsweat: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
Exactly. Isi Agu is a revered Igbo attire but it has been bastardized. I saw some weed smoking young boys wearing it while smoking and it pained me. Back in the days you dare not wear it if you aren't a titled man

Oga You take this culture too seriously that you don't remember that your culture and traditions were made by humans like you.

Indeed, culture is mass hallucination.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by robosky02(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Even buhari dey wear am

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2021
Mini Igbos
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Kingstanding: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2021
BlackZeus17:
Ftc
#ole gunnar na fool
. After finishing secondary school the students will now get promotion to Isi Argu vigilante force, isn't? Rubbish.

How To Survive A Dog Attack (pictures) / Federal University Lokoja Staff Mock Outgoing VC With Obituary Posters / Vice Principal Impregnates A Student In Minna After Sex With Her In His Office