Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) (55670 Views)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Students Wear Ankara As School Uniforms In Anambra - Twitter User Claims / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Jonathan39: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2021
That is why we need educated Governors not some tout in Anambra state. What you said is true. We have very intelligent people in the East that if properly trained from childhood will make a drastic change in the Region.
owobokiri:

This idea of building special science schools is something African countries should pursue vigorously. China has such arrangements where the best graduating students from different primary schools in science related courses are enrolled free of charge in special science colleges. They're highly trained and coached here with the authorities providing them with everything they need. This way , every gifted child is provided with an opportunity to access sophisticated education upto the tertiary levels with the help of state funding. You can see the amazing results today. I think we have to copy this in the East. We have a very highly pro education population, . We also have instances where gifted kids drop out of schools because of lack of adequate funding. If authorities can judiciously close this gap between enrollment, training and funding, lots of gifted kids who would have dropped out of school dey to funding will end up as solid professionals in the future.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Rainbow219(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2021
[b][/b]Are they going to the party
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Vince77(m): 9:50am On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:
Ishi agu is not an everyday dress for heavens sake! I'm all for the showcasing of our amazing culture but we should also realize that wearing a dress code for the right occasion is important in terms of preserving our culture. These days I see some wayward females sowing skirts with ishi agu materials. Many young boys use this revered material to sow their "fashionable" T shirt. Arù!

Exactly
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2021
bukatyne:

What is the Ishi agu material for?

Used for sowing dresses for "TITLED MEN" in igboland

2 Likes

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2021
Over here in the North,you will only see such large gathering of children in the form of Almajiri... or during election malpractice or bandits/Bokoharam recruitment centres undecided

2 Likes

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by bukatyne(f): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:

Used for sowing dresses for "TITLED MEN" in igboland

So only titled men should wear ishi agu?

I would also assume that men can use it on their wedding day because it is a very special occasion?

Is there traditional everyday wear for Igbo men/boys? Do women/girls also have something they wear everyday?
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2021
generalwo:
A symbol of culture of the igbos have now turned into school uniform, uniform wen kids go take dey rub ground dey play ball..... Tell me why anyone would wanna take ipob serious after this stunt? I don't know who gives them this kind of advise sha but the person just wan run them down
Who are you?
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by tunjilana: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2021
The fabric is still imported...no diff with checkers
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by generalwo(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2021
jimyjames:

Who are you?
.... I am wicked tuna
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Bhol28: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2021
So nice,hope materials are not imported and just down here.Trust Aba
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2021
generalwo:
.... I am wicked tuna
Well Mr wickednuna we have never heard of you around here, so your opinion doesn't count

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by drimzsmoke(m): 10:02am On Sep 23, 2021
If you've read definitive book of body language,then you would know that those guys do not agree with whatever the person addressing them is saying grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by basty: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2021
God bless Igbo nation. A nation with foresight and accomplishments in all human endeavour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by RevolverOcelot(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2021
I always thought this attire was for festive occasions and quite expensive undecided
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by LLiKYekoba: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2021
ariesbull:
Anambra state is the Igbo first born and leader

Just like Ile ife in osun is Yoruba first born

Kano is Hausa first born

Did 'Anambra state' is nigerian creation. Did nigeria exist before Igbo?
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Germi9: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Commendable..its stylish,core African,now let the kids know their history,tell them how it happened.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ariesbull: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Did 'Anambra state' is nigerian creation. Did nigeria exist before Igbo?

That one concern you .....
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ModeXug: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2021
Nice one coming from my villa

Iz Olite!
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ariesbull: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:

This story about Anambra state, a state created by one murderous Murtala Mohammed and amended by the likes of Babangida and Abacha, being the first son of Igbo land is so jejune and infuriating that most of us non Anambrarians seldom try to dignify this warped thinking with a response..

Nnamdi Kanu said it severally and anambra is the leading Igbo state in all ramifications

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by generalwo(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2021
jimyjames:

Well Mr wickednuna we have never heard of you around here, so you opinion doesn't count
.. If it doesn't count u won't be replying me..... U just proved you are a fan of opinions thah doesn't count

2 Likes

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2021
post=106088082:
WHOEVER INTRODUCED AFRICAN fabric as part of School Uniforms for our Secondary School children, should be commended.

Frankly speaking, I don't know if our beloved State would find another person in the mold of Prof. Kate Omenugha as the Commissioner for Basic Education in Anambra State.

This woman has introduced laudable, far-reaching and commendable policies that would stand the test of time.

Pic Credit: Rev. Fr. Theo Ekwem.

School: Bubbendorf Memorial Secondary School, Adazi Nnukwu.

Attire: Isi Agu.

I love this.

Isi Agu to the best of my knowledge is not ment to be a skol uniform. undecided
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by MeeLan: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2021
Poorly edited foto by a hungry blogger.
Check the heads of the students again
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ciencee(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2021
ariesbull:
Anambra state is the Igbo first born and leader

Just like Ile ife in osun is Yoruba first born

Kano is Hausa first born

Which state be the first born for the NIGER DELTA? grin grin grin
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ariesbull: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2021
ciencee:

Which state be the first born for the NIGER DELTA? grin grin grin
wetin concern me with those guys .....I am talking about the big 3 homogeneous state not some mixture
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Mrjonah(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2021
Yea yea

That's my lovely town and my alma mater

Adazi-Nnukwu obodo ọma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Gate050: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2021
post=106088082:
WHOEVER INTRODUCED AFRICAN fabric as part of School Uniforms for our Secondary School children, should be commended.

Frankly speaking, I don't know if our beloved State would find another person in the mold of Prof. Kate Omenugha as the Commissioner for Basic Education in Anambra State.

This woman has introduced laudable, far-reaching and commendable policies that would stand the test of time.

Pic Credit: Rev. Fr. Theo Ekwem.

School: Bubbendorf Memorial Secondary School, Adazi Nnukwu.

Attire: Isi Agu.

I love this.
Omo! See pikins. With the rate at which people are giving birth, shey air go dey sufficient for us like this
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by wink2015(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2021
The school should have a conventional school uniform.

But occasionally they can have CULTURAL WEEK within a school calendar which the student can be allowed to wear the native cloth.

It should not replaced the normal school uniform but it should be use to complement it and then promote the cultures of the Igbos and so on.

2 Likes

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Kenoxman(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2021
Omo! See population! But las las na 15k go be their teachers' takehome. Very heartless set of exploiters.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Mrnairalandd: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2021
If other states in other region start this, Igbos ll start crying.

They always come up with tribal initiatives in their region but the moment other regions begin to initiate similar initiatives these bigots begin to scream blue murder.

They have never initiate anything possible in the history of this great country

Just imagine Hausa/Fulani begin to force students in their region to wear this below

And Yorubas begin to ask students in their region to wear their own tribal attire as shown below as uniforms in schools in the West

Just wait for it in few years, bookmark this page, you ll see how Igbos ll be crying here on Nairaland about how others Nigerians are treating Igbos.

Watch other Nigerians move on with their lives without complaining about what Igbos are doing in their region.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Survive A Dog Attack (pictures) / What Is The English Word For Iregun / Federal University Lokoja Staff Mock Outgoing VC With Obituary Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.