Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone (5068 Views)

All Smartphones May Use The Same Charger In The Nearest Future / Apple Has Started Killing Off Old Devices Including Iphone X, 6+/6s. (photos) / Brand New Phone Theft Strategy Every Phone User Must Know About In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by VEXT: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
In a proposal that could substantially change the smartphone industry, the European Commission has said that USB-C would become the standard across devices.

That includes not only phones but also tablets, cameras, headphones, portable speakers and handheld videogame consoles.

It also suggests that the sale of phones and their charger should be separated, so that people do not end up with a host of chargers that they do not need and which become waste.

Margrethe Vestager, executive vice-president for a Europe fit for the digital age at the European Commission, said the decision to move to require universal chargers came after companies failed to find a fix themselves.

“European consumers were frustrated long enough about incompatible chargers piling up in their drawers,” she said in a statement.

“We gave industry plenty of time to come up with their own solutions, now time is ripe for legislative action for a common charger. This is an important win for our consumers and environment and in line with our green and digital ambitions.”

Apple remains the most obvious company not to move to a universal charging standard, instead sticking with its Lightning port, which would not be allowed under the new plans. The company has long argued that regulators should focus on the plug that goes into the wall, rather than the end on the phone, so that people can use their cables everywhere.

The European Commission said, however, that it would require “full interoperability is required on both sides of the cable: the electronic device and the external power supply”. The new regulations would ensure that is the case, it said.

The proposals relate to more than just the move towards a USB-C standard so that people can power up their phones with any charger. It would also require that fast charging technology is harmonised so that companies don’t falsely limit charging speeds; allowing people to buy phones without also getting a charger; and better information for customers about their devices when they buy them, such as details on how much power it uses and whether it supports fast charging.

The rules also mention the possibility of bringing in similar regulation of wireless charging technologies, if the same fragmentation happens as they are introduced, though notes that they are not yet required.

The new proposals will have to be adopted by the European Parliament and the Council through its usual processes. If it passes, the industry will be given 24 months to adapt before it comes into force.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/eu-phone-charger-rule-iphone-b1925551.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1632397610

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by thesicilian: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
That'll make life a whole lot easier.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Righteousness2(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
I saw something yesterday that really baffled me , tho not Suprised.

I saw a Clip where Tim Apple, the Creator of Iphone 13 was unraveling the phone to the Audience.

According to him only Vaccinated people can unlock the iphone 13 as Your Vaccination Card , Mark or whatever it is called must be Verified by the phone before you can access it.

That's a Trade Mark of the Beast System.The antichrist is in a haste and is raging to begin his reign. Your soul is the target. Wake up so you don't Perish in Hell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by SportsHD: 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
[s]
Righteousness2:

I saw a Clip where the Creator of Iphone 13 was unraveling the the phone to the Audience.

Are u aware that only Vaccinated people can unlock the iphone 13?

The Card , Mark or whatever it is called must be Verified by the phone before you can access it.

That's a Trade Mark of the Beast System.The antichrist is in a haste and is raging to begin his reign. Your soul is the target. Wake up so you don't Perish in Hell.
[/s]
Yen yen yen. Because you can't afford it doesn't mean you should start conspiracy theories about it.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by emae009(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

I saw a Clip where the Creator of Iphone 13 was unraveling the the phone to the Audience.

The Card , Mark or whatever it is called must be Verified by the phone before you can access it.

ignorance is a disease... smh

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by emae009(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Apple will rather create a USB-C to Lightning cable plug-in than go directly to USB-C port. Just me thinking but let's see how it goes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by SunshineHQ(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

is this the fool y'all listen to? A mentally unstable nuisance? no be ur fault, na people wey dey like ur post i blame

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by slawormiir: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Lets see how it goes

But pride go allow apple key into this new universal thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

...here we go again, the endless rivalry between RELIGION & SCIENCE. Let people sin their sin in peace na. If every body is saved like you so claim to be saved, who would you then preach your sermons to?
I admire your dogged persistence however i do hope your mental health is as acute as your acclaimed spiritual health.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by VEXT: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

According to him only Vaccinated people can unlock the iphone 13 as Your Vaccination Card , Mark or whatever it is called must be Verified by the phone before you can access it.

This guy ehn grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by HillaryNelo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

I saw a Clip where Tim Apple, the Creator of Iphone 13 was unraveling the phone to the Audience.

i believe u don't mind those comments abv they don't mean wat they are saying . Spread the gospel to d world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by mytime24(f): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Apple wil not like this news,

They like bullying other brands

1 Like

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Topzee109: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

Your madness don go international

6 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Hyphy(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
mytime24:
Apple wil not like this news,

They like bullying other brands

EU should kuku force Apple to use Android OS, I know this is a veiled attack on Apple

3 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Benki003(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

Them suppose give mod eyes, na this kind person them suppose banish from nairaland,
Just say one thing and ur moniker is gone but oga go just de spill shit daily and nobody cares angry angry sad

1 Like

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Richy4(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2021
So that means they will have to discontinue all the different wall Plug and Socket types around the world and unify it right?...Apparently every country got their version of sockets and plug
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by DonSpankie: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
This is a Union that has the best interest of their citizens at heart. An injury to One is an injury to All.. Africa union wake up and speak for Africans and stop these hypocrisy.. mo so temi. Ajaladonspankie! OooSssHhhEee!
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by GambaOsaka: 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

Omg...
Are you sure you saw TIM APPLE?
Do you know him?
Oversabi go make u commit sin o pastor.
The video you saw na joke something.
Just preach gospel and dont make mockery of the second coming.

2 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by sagieramos(m): 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
HillaryNelo:
i believe u don't mind those comments abv they don't mean wat they are saying . Spread the gospel to d world
How is what he said spreading the gospel (good news) to the world?

1 Like

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by SunshineHQ(m): 12:03am On Sep 24, 2021
HillaryNelo:
una two need mental assistance

3 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 24, 2021
SunshineHQ:
una two need mental assistance

They need it seriously and urgently too

2 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by IVORY2009(m): 1:20am On Sep 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

Mr man it has not gotten to this level na, stop putting fear in people's mind, Christianity is not like this.

2 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by heykims(m): 3:36am On Sep 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

Guy, u deserve a bed in a psychiatry ward as a matter of urgency.

3 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by seunfly: 6:18am On Sep 24, 2021
This is great news, some manufacturers are just not nice to end user placing profits above anything otherwise what stops Apple from moving to type c USB despite data suggest that it is far better, reliable and beneficial than lightening port.
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Caleb91(m): 6:36am On Sep 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

you are a failure.......you can never make it

how many times will they tell you nigeria is not for you.....mumu man

4 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by benuejosh: 6:48am On Sep 24, 2021
Will you people live righteousness2 alone? Take the message and forget about the messenger.
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Kriely(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2021
Hahah make una no finish this Righteousness bastard.

Yunno we still need to see his stupid comments once in a while to let us know we ain’t stupid. grin

1 Like

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by siofra(f): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Mr. Righteousness, carry go. You dey pepper them the same way Jeremiah the prophet of doom peppered the Israelites cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2021
see the way n'landers dey roast evangelist Righteousness..

2 Likes

Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by emae009(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2021
seunfly:
This is great news, some manufacturers are just not nice to end user placing profits above anything otherwise what stops Apple from moving to type c USB despite data suggest that it is far better, reliable and beneficial than lightening port.

Lightning port is Apple's proprietary design. Most of their other products have been moved to USB-C port but they just can't give up on their own in-house design and creation.
It's like Samsung not giving up on Exynos chips even after years and years of not so good performance but they keep working and improving on it
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by seunfly: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2021
emae009:

Lightning port is Apple's proprietary design. Most of their other products have been moved to USB-C port but they just can't give up on their own in-house design and creation.
It's like Samsung not giving up on Exynos chips even after years and years of not so good performance but they keep working and improving on it

Yes u are correct except that there is no improvement and they are also making money from it unlike samsung exynos that is under going improvement and a matter of pride. Samsung can't be fabricating Chips for Apple, google and Co and their own chips lays idle.

One of the reasons why iPhone hardly has any significant improvement in fast charging is partly due to lightning port slow data transfer.

They had no choice on the iPad and MacBook because they will be shooting themselves in the foot.
Re: Eu Wants Every Phone To Have Same Charger – Including Iphone by emmy512: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
[s]I saw something yesterday that really baffled me , tho not Suprised.

That's a Trade Mark of the Beast System.The antichrist is in a haste and is raging to begin his reign. Your soul is the target. Wake up so you don't Perish in Hell[/s].
Oh No!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just When I Thought I've Seen It All - A Transparent Samsung Galaxy S9 / How To Use Chipper Cash To Pay For Icloud & Apple Music In Nigeria / Whatsapp Gets New Feature [Link Preview]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.