Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,478 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... (26653 Views)

WAEC failed WAEC , How WAEC Fail Student Unjustly (pic ongoing 2019 WASSCE) / Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks / The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Arizonaz: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
But you didn't fold your arms waiting for the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by vikstandon(m): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
all's well that ends well
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by techWriter3: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
Afterthought 2 Yes, Success is a potent retribution!
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Popesuccess(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2021
If That HOD is still alive, he needs to pay him a visit. To let him know that the stone the builders rejected has become the chief corner stone

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Eziruby: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
Yes, He is. God of awesome wonders I be before You.
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Eziruby: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Yes, He is. God of awesome wonders I bow before You.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Ladycewhy(f): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
diplomat058:
He could have challenged the HoD's biased decision. Sometimes we need a touch of radicality to that 'Kingdom-taken-by-force' personality Jesus talked about
Do you think he would have graduated ? undecided.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by staga: 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Same thing. My former boss sacked me unjustly, and paid me N25,000 out of my N40,000 salary. His cousin who damaged my car and whom I got to repair the damage, told the boss what happened and demanded that my boss deduct that money from my salary. My boss cut my money further and gave to him.

14 years after, I sat at MMIA with the same man a few feet ahead of me. As I entered the line to fly out of Nigeria, I caught him looking at me in amazement. The look on his face was priceless.

God said, sit down at My right hand while I make your enemies your footstool.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by wizelink(m): 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
Wow glory be to God who made everything beautiful. I tap in this testimony of yours
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
God is EVER FAITHFUL to all who trust in him. Congratulations Prof, your story has stirred up something in me I can't explain. I receive same grace at work in you in my life and I will share my story soonest to lift others.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by SilasIBB: 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
Thank You JESUS

�������

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by ManOfCompetence(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Let me tell you my own story.

I got a scholarship to study in Pune India in one local University 2006. But I started doing drugs and was incarcerated for a year and lost the admission.

I was deported and I came back to Nigeria and boom my life changed. Formal education is not for everyone. University is not for everyone.

What did you venture into..... would love to hear your story....
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Bucky001(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
Afterthought 4:

Be diligent and prayerful in all that you do quote author=kodded post=106100376]

Afterthought 3:

There is nothing impossible with God

Just trust his words and relax smiley[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
kodded:

Afterthought 3:

There is nothing impossible with God

Just trust his words and relax smiley

And work hard
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Ameduedwin: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by 2nattie(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Let me tell you my own story.

I got a scholarship to study in Pune India in one local University 2006. But I started doing drugs and was incarcerated for a year and lost the admission.

I was deported and I came back to Nigeria and boom my life changed. Formal education is not for everyone. University is not for everyone.

Can you tell us more about how your life changed, at least to encourage some that are in the situation you were then?
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Asour: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
Interesting15:
Afterthought 2:

Yes, Success is a potent revenge!

Success shouldn't be a revenge though.

Besides the fact that a 'vengeful' disposition isn't Godlike, DO WE PLAN TO BE LESS SUCCESSFUL if our enemies weren't there ?
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by IbileIfe: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
Interesting15:
He Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But It Ended In Joy

Hey guys, I found an interesting testimony in a magazine, and after doing some digging myself, I decided to share with you. Be motivated!

Professor Tunde Opeibi (Ope-Davies)

"Some years ago, during my Bachelor's degree programme, the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, through the British Council, donated a scholarship to be given to the best student in my department, to attend a 3-week Summer programme at Edinburgh, Scotland. As the best student that year, I was unjustly denied that opportunity because our then HOD told me that I was not assertive. What he meant was that as an "SU", as they used to call us then on campus, I was not sociable enough to represent the department well at Edinburgh. So, the second-best student was sent to Edinburgh. I never allowed this to bother me or weaken my commitment and conviction about my faith in the LORD. I kept on serving the LORD. I graduated and moved on with my life, building a career in the profession the LORD led me into.

"Now, see what our GOD has done in my life over the last couple of years. He has made me to travel to a number of universities in different parts of the world, won more fellowships, scholarships, awards and recognitions more than any of my equals, to the best of my knowledge. It beats my own imagination about the workings of this mighty God."

"But the most interesting slice of history here is this. You know God has a way of mocking the decisions of men against His own children. I call it "God's sense of humour." More than two and a half decades after that glaring and unjust denial of right (call it 'persecution', if you like), our awesome God has now made the same University of Edinburgh to award me a bigger, better, richer and longer visiting research fellowship at a professional level (see https://www.iash.ed.ac.uk/profile/professor-tunde-opeibi)

In fact, I was the one who asked for just 2 months; the University was ready to give me a longer period. Is our GOD not awesome? Is He not faithful? To Him be all the glory!"

Need I say more?

Don't give up on yourself. Don't allow ANYONE make you look down on yourself

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2021/09/he-was-unjustly-denied-scholarship-as.html?m=1

HALLELUJAH!
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Gkored: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
Wow! It's so good to read this. Little wonder you became pastor of many medical Doctors. I used to be a member of your fellowship @ Radiography...... I'm sure you can remember. More grace to your elbow sir.
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
Interesting15.

You have an interesting POV.

DropsMic.

You really dropped the mic with that hard hitting fact.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by OG1BABY(f): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Don't give up. Keep moving
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Funkybabee(f): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
Congratulations bro

Biko if you have scholarship for hospitality graduate, I'm available
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by leesi11(m): 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
Isn't God so wonderful?
Re: Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... by Pchizy: 1:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Faithful God.

Congrats, Prof.

You can read a book, "God's Purpose in a Man's Failure" by Zac Poonen

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Are The Best Five Universities In Southeast? / Man Picks Boy Sent Out Of School In Awka And Decides To Train Him (Pics) / Madam Koi Koi: The MOST FEARED Woman In Boarding Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.