Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Cost And Blessings Of Knowing Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cost And Blessings Of Knowing Jesus Christ (604 Views)

Knowing Jesus / This Billionaire Says Knowing Jesus Is More Important Than Having A Lot Of Money / Prophesies Of Doom On Rampage In Nigeria As Always.knowing Jesus Christ Is Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cost And Blessings Of Knowing Jesus Christ by kpakpandoN(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerous blessings await anyone who knows Jesus, spends time reading, studying and meditating on the word of God. Apostle Paul prayed that he might know Jesus the more (Philippians 3:10) because he knew that doing so would bring a lot of blessings.

What does it entail to know Jesus Christ?

It takes staying with Him, learning of Him, doing His bidding and loving people unconditionally. He said in Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me…

There are lots of things we must learn of Jesus if we really want to know Him as He is. For example, Jesus Christ was confronted with the three categories of sin: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life when He was tempted by the devil to engage in a show of power. However, He refused to jump from the pinnacle of the temple, according to Luke 4:9-13. Jesus overcame by His obedience to the word of God. Against one of the temptations, Jesus said in Luke 4:4 "...It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

The more we know Jesus Christ, the more we want to conform to His image, the suffering He endured and His death on the cross.

“If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny Himself.”
2 Timothy 2:12-13

Anyone who lacks the knowledge of Jesus Christ is an alien to God and thus short-changes himself or herself. The Bible says:
“And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”
Daniel 11:32

The apostles of old understood the importance of knowing the true God, thus one of them said in John 14:8 …shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Our knowledge of Jesus Christ is all we need for our cases to be permanently settled. My prayer is that you will know Him today in Jesus name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

I Had A Dream Of An Inpending Doom. BLUE BRT. DREAM. Please Watch And Pray. / Church Service In US Disrupted By Nigerians / LGBTQ+: The Day This Happens, It Means The World's Only Days To Extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.