Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,418 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" (30021 Views)

Lt Colonel Abubakar-Surajo Imam: 1st Nigeria Army Officer To Bag A Professorship / ASUU Declares Pantami’s Professorship Illegal, To Sanction FUTO VC, Others / Malami Vs Magu, Abike Vs Pantami.. Buhari’s Appointees Who Locked Horns Publicly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by RZArecta(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
Nigeria’s Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, accepted the role of Professor of Cybersecurity based on the instruction of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“This decision is sequel to my briefing to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Friday 26th march, 2021 and his permission for me to go ahead and share my knowledge and experience in the academia, which is a form of community service to our citizens,” Mr Pantami said.

This statement is contained in documents signed by Mr Pantami himself and uploaded online by Professor Farooq Kperogi.

Mr Pantami had accepted the post of Professor at the Imo-based institution before it had been formally offered to him, based on the available documents. The Islamic cleric accepted the position in March. However, the appointment letter offering the professorship post to Mr Pantami has August 20 as its date.

Mr Pantami also erroneously said described the school as being in “Imo, Owerri State,” rather than Owerri, Imo State.

Though Mr Buhari had named Mr Pantami as a political appointee in 2016, the Federal University of Technology, Owerri defended its decision to appoint Mr Pantami as a professor, saying it was based on his research at the National Information Technology Development Agency.

The registrar of the school, John Nnabuihe, said that the promotion was “based on his qualification which he merited through long years of research works.”

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has said it would investigate the controversial appointment and has directed its FUTO chapter to look into the circumstances under which Pantami was promoted to the highest academic rank in the institution.

Peoples Gazette reported that the Governor of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle, placed commercials in newspapers congratulating Mr Pantami on his promotion to a Professor of Cybersecurity, kickstarting the speculation and criticism around Mr Pantami’s appointment.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-asked-me-to-collect-professorship-from-university-in-imo-owerri-state-pantami

Pantami Accepted FUTO Fraudfessorship Before it Was Offered!

By Farooq Kperogi

I woke up a while ago to these memos from FUTO. The appointment letter that offered Pantami a fraudfessorship is dated August 20, 2021 BUT the acceptance letter is dated March 30, 2021!

In other words, Pantami accepted a fraudfessorship that hadn't even been formally offered, and then FUTO retroactively offered it.��

At this rate, are we even sure that FUTO's Department of Cybersecurity isn't actually the Department of Cyberfraud? Even at that, Pantami won't be qualified to be a professor of practice in cyberfraud because he obviously can't even successfully pull off a simple fraud.

Yesterday, a young cyber sleuth by the name of Dr. Abdulaziz Tijjani discovered that Pantami edited his Researchgate profile to lie that he was an Associate Professor at the Islamic University of Madinah during the two years he taught there, but Pantami forgot that in all the garbage-in-garbage-out journal articles he wrote for predatory journals during his time there, he gave his position as Assistant Professor.

That's an embarrassingly criminal lie, especially for someone who owes his claim to fame to religious piety. This fraud is becoming both multifaceted and deeply distressing!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10105619565967030&id=47904265

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by AntiBMC(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
A fraudfessor that can't even tell the difference between a state and its capital.

This fraudulent appointment and many others like it, are the reasons why this country will never ever go forward.

Competent people will work and crawl their way to the top only to be cast aside for the incompetent ones who buy their way to the top.

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by after4: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
What do you expect when he has no regards for any sacred institution. You bastardized the judiciary, election, media, economy, what is academy you can no fit bastardize

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by BKayy: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
"Imo, Owerri state"
That was how they drew Eastern state maps. They don't even want to know anything about the place but the agenda, "Keep them down for us" by the British

Have any of you ever asked yourself why 7 years after the Anti-independence riot by the Northerners which saw the death of Ndigbo, Yorubas and other Southerners in the North, Britain handed over to Tafawa Balewa of the same North that fought against Independence?
Think about it. All of you are not independent. Nigeria is not independent

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Charmingrascal(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
You appointed someone a Professor because of Presidential order, bastardizing our education system.
Professorship is now something that can be gotten through Presidential decree under this government that don't have single regard for scholastic education.

A Professor that is calling Owerri a State.
Owerri is the state Imo is the Capital grin
What a shame!!

He is collecting salary and allowances as a Minister he will still be collecting over Five Million Naira as a "Fraudfessor" by Presidential decree.
Yet you think Niger area is not a scam

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by xpressionx(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Professorship is now like kola you serve visitors under Buharis regime

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Muna4real(f): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
So you couldn't collect that useless professorship in any northern school?

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Standing5(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
Quota mentality.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Standing5(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
Charmingrascal:
You appointed someone a Professor because of Presidential order, bastardizing our education system.
Professorship is now something that can be gotten through Presidential decree under this government that don't have single regard for scholastic education.

A[b] Professor that is calling Owerri a State.
Owerri is the state Imo is the Capital grin
What a shame[/b]!!
Primary 1 suffs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Sirjamo: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
You all can continue crying, Sheikh Professor Aliyu Isa Pantami has come to stay, if you don't like it, kill yourself.

Meanwhile, have you linked your sim to NIN?

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by nzeobi(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
His shortcomings are forgiven and he can do no wrong
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by epondudu: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
If he was appointed in the North they will complain, If it is in the west they will complain, now that he was appointed in the east the heart of Igbo land.
The North is good at conquering. The Northerners are the master of this game, people will die of heart attack, stroke, Sudden death, and some will have gonorrhea because of Pantami.

3 Likes

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Demigod22: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
I am not surprised, I even expect Kogi State University to award or appoint Buhari as professor of good governance, base on his expertise in handling the country's political climate and economy. Nigeria is a joke, even God will be asking Jesus, how did I create this country?

12 Likes

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by sapientia(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
A man without school cert instructed a terror linked Pantami to go and collect professorship from a supreme court appointed governor.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Telekinetic: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
RZArecta:
Nigeria’s Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, accepted the role of Professor of Cybersecurity based on the instruction of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“This decision is sequel to my briefing to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Friday 26th march, 2021 and his permission for me to go ahead and share my knowledge and experience in the academia, which is a form of community service to our citizens,” Mr Pantami said.

This statement is contained in documents signed by Mr Pantami himself and uploaded online by Professor Farooq Kperogi.

Mr Pantami had accepted the post of Professor at the Imo-based institution before it had been formally offered to him, based on the available documents. The Islamic cleric accepted the position in March. However, the appointment letter offering the professorship post to Mr Pantami has August 20 as its date.

Mr Pantami also erroneously said described the school as being in “Imo, Owerri State,” rather than Owerri, Imo State.

Though Mr Buhari had named Mr Pantami as a political appointee in 2016, the Federal University of Technology, Owerri defended its decision to appoint Mr Pantami as a professor, saying it was based on his research at the National Information Technology Development Agency.

The registrar of the school, John Nnabuihe, said that the promotion was “based on his qualification which he merited through long years of research works.”

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has said it would investigate the controversial appointment and has directed its FUTO chapter to look into the circumstances under which Pantami was promoted to the highest academic rank in the institution.

Peoples Gazette reported that the Governor of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle, placed commercials in newspapers congratulating Mr Pantami on his promotion to a Professor of Cybersecurity, kickstarting the speculation and criticism around Mr Pantami’s appointment.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-asked-me-to-collect-professorship-from-university-in-imo-owerri-state-pantami

Lalasticlala
And collect you did like it’s rightfully yours. After all Hopeless Uzodinjo has sold Imo state to the Fulani
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
grin
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by ATEAMS: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by loadedvibes: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
I don't see how this is news... But anyway a word of advice to Oga Pantami be quiet you Islamic bigot. There are a lot of youngsters who would school you in cyber security professor or not.

4 Likes

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by tnerro1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Yahoo yahoo country
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by sojayy(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
After enough intimidation grin grin grin...... unmerited award given to a terrorist sympathizer cool........it shall be defered on u after bubu siezed to be zoo president. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by gurunlocker: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Buhari and professorship?

Which kind country be this FGS!

1 Like

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by obinoral1179(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Does BUBU knows what professorship is all about?
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Humm, but why would ur professorship require permission

6 Likes

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Analyst7: 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Whether na you or buhari o
Ema shofo papo ni

1 Like

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Racoon(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
So acquiring a professorship is no more based on academic research, teaching or peer review but on Buhari’s approval? Only a well terrorist will legitimise a fellow terrorist's status not only in government but a fraudulent educational degree that is already haram in order to look relevant.

2 Likes

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by IbileIfe: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
AntiBMC:
A fraudfessor that can't even tell the difference between a state and its capital.

This fraudulent appointment and many others like it, are the reasons why this country will never ever go forward.

Competent people will work and crawl their way to the top only to be cast aside for the incompetent ones who buy their way to the top.

He has prophesied the coming of OWERRI STATE. grin

4 Likes

Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Sirpaul(m): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Terrorist

Owerri State

I boldy say this. ... This guy no sabi ordinary penetration testing... Wetin e no for cyber space
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by tradepunter: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Lol
Re: Pantami: Buhari Permitted Me To Collect Professorship From "Imo, Owerri State" by Ademola47(m): 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
This Pantami professorship saga is becoming stale.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Aircraft Barred From Landing At Makurdi Airport / Disquiet In SSS, Officers Threaten To Undermine Buhari’s Reelection, Boko Haram / Falana Asks Army To Release Ransome-kuti From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.