Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed (19572 Views)

Insecurity: El-Rufai Reveals Why States Must Co-Operate / Why States Must Have More Powers – Osinbajo / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by Bizibi(m): 7:30am On Sep 24, 2021
Crucialgem:
Governor wike is very wrong saying those state that is destroying alcoholic product should be ban when he was going on sabotaging mosques in his state did northerners stop agriculture product from going to rivers state
smh...
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by legba1(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2021
I understand the concern of Firs with the ongoing revolution that I expect the states to see to a logical end....
You need to visit the head office of FIRS... na so so aboki, you will see heads of babanriga wearing folks even on Monday... Even non aboki among the staffs have to copy them to feel among...
It is hi time VAT matter is unbundled for states to collect their VAT.... Enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by Randy111(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2021
Nebulax:

That must be one of the lowest % in Africa.. Yet Nigerians are not willing to pay

Keep kwayet if you don't have things. To say. Most Africa countries get more from their government than we get here. Ghana gets 24hrs power supply and most Africa countries get something close to that. How about education? Non of our uni qualify for top 10 in Africa. I don't even want to mention the state of our roads. How about insecurity triving here in Nigeria, the government induced inflation.

Abeg just zip up your mouth
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by tnerro1(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=Hangmnk post=106116158]We will destroy Alcohol and enjoy VAT you can't do anything about it. Yep! seriously I meant it, you can't. The world is not just. Just predator and prey.[/quote
Allah will take you straight to hell for taking haram Beer VAT
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by wink2015(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2021
NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERS wake up to your responsibility.

TEACH YOUR PEOPLE IN THE NORTH THE VALUE OF HARD WORK.

Value education and use it to empower your people and bring accelerated development in the North and Nigeria at large.

TIME OF FREE MONEY IS GETTING TO A CLOSE.
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by POWEROFYOUTHS(m): 8:23am On Sep 24, 2021
Pls does any one here use Sterling bank
Pls the bank has this mobile platform inside their bank app( one bank) where one can save money. Inside last week Thursday precisely, my mobile wallet disappeared suddenly inside the app, I reached out to the bank and up until now they said they are having an upgrade pls what can I do to recover my money, pls help a nairalander

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by Chibuezem(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2021
Hangmnk:
We will destroy Alcohol and enjoy VAT you can't do anything about it. Yep! seriously I meant it, you can't. The world is not just. Just predator and prey.
as a prey you are may you jam your predator
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by okoroemeka(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2021
Hangmnk:
We will destroy Alcohol and enjoy VAT you can't do anything about it. Yep! seriously I meant it, you can't. The world is not just. Just predator and prey.
don't you think a time may reach when the buffalo will chase the hunter,fourty days for the hunter,just one day for the buffalo.
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by Mendy101: 8:40am On Sep 24, 2021
This VAT issue is like collecting money from Bert hardworking people to compensate the lazy ones, what if the hard working decides to be lazy too?

If states start collecting VAT those who are not doing well before the end of the year would start speaking economic languages, looking for ways to quench insecurity and attract investments, it’s very good
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by frog12: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2021
what state is he from ?
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 24, 2021
bobowaja:

Illiterate. Not willing to pay what? As if vat payment is a voluntary payment. It is automatically charged when you buy vatable goods/services.

By not willing to pay, I think he meant even though they pay automatically, they are not happy about the payment. That’s how I read his statement though.
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by ICCtestimony(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2021
xpressionx:
States shouldn't share VAT with anyone.
Does zamfara share there gold money with Osun state?

Don't quote me if you don't understand what true federalism is.

Wike has set a good precedence very soon akwaibom will control there oil and VAT then pay tax to abuja.
and you didn't know that government of zamfara state said that zamfara state is richer than Lagos State and river state and also richer than 22 country in the world. That means the north are sucking south resources dry
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by wildernessVoice: 11:10am On Sep 24, 2021
FGN paying VAT to itself is the peak of all scam.
State Government, Private service providers and businesses pay VAT to FGN
But FGN contracts, VAT is paid by FGN to itself and not the contractor. Contractors only pay WHT.
VAT is built in all FGN contracts to form the contract sum and not from the contractor's proceeds. So it's actually FGN paying VAT to itself whereas they collect that of States and other private organisations.
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by sultry69(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2021
xpressionx:
States shouldn't share VAT with anyone.
Does zamfara share there gold money with Osun state?

Don't quote me if you don't understand what true federalism is.

Wike has set a good precedence very soon akwaibom will control there oil and VAT then pay tax to abuja.
They are even importing bandits to mine the one Osun and no security dare to stop them
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by oyatz(m): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hangmnk:

This is exactly what we are saying; you can collect VATs on goods and services consumed in your States.

There is no need for sharing of national cake when every state can bake their own cake.
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by wetmenow: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
I can't wait to see Niger state borrowing money from Lagos state or Taraba state borrowing money from Akwa Ibom State.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by bobowaja(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
kmcutez:

By not willing to pay, I think he meant even though they pay automatically, they are not happy about the payment. That’s how I read his statement though.
No one is happy about paying tax. Even in developed world. That was why a whole billionaire American president (Trump) paid less than $1k in a whole year (he rigged the system).
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by cejaypriesty(m): 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hangmnk:
You will enjoy it in audio and there is nothing we can do about it yes,You are absolutely right.
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by gentlestar1: 4:26am On Sep 25, 2021
POWEROFYOUTHS:
Pls the bank has this mobile platform inside their bank app( one bank) where one can save money. Inside last week Thursday precisely, my mobile wallet disappeared suddenly inside the app, I reached out to the bank and up until now they said they are having an upgrade pls what can I do to recover my money, pls help a nairalander
Re: Sagay: Why States That Are Angry Over VAT Collection Can't Be Blamed by sinaj(f): 6:49am On Dec 04, 2022
POWEROFYOUTHS:
please did you later get your money?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Crime In Foreigners Joining Political Campaigns In Nigeria – Ribadu / We Will Not Collapse Amotekun Into Community Police ― Akeredolu tells IG (Video) / What Is Electricity Supply In Your Neighborhood Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.