Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,985 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report (18785 Views)

NYSC Denies Forcing Muslim Corps Member To Shave Beard / NYSC Admits Advice On Ransom Payment On Pamphlets, Begins Probe / Who Is Lying? NYSC Denies Telling Corpers To Prepare Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by aguele(m): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2021
REBUTTAL

The attention of Management of the National Youth Sevice Corps has been drawn to a fake release making the rounds on the social media to the effect that Corps Members travelling on "high risk roads" should alert their families, friends and colleagues in order to have somebody to pay off the ransom that could be demanded in the event of being kidnapped.

Management wishes to emphatically state that the clause quoted is not embedded in NYSC Security Tips pamphlet which was put together by a highly respected retired security expert.

Management wishes to appeal to the general public to always clarify issues with the Scheme.

Please, be wary of falling prey to the antics of mischief makers out to ridicule the Scheme.

Management shall continue to prioritise the security and welfare of Corps Members and staff at all times.

Management.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=202248401999695&id=100066436096498

3 Likes

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by SarkinYarki: 9:09am On Sep 24, 2021
As usual.. Even with 100s of corpers In possession of the said Handbook the NYSC would choose lies over telling the Truth

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Olofin2(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2021
How I wish I have supernatural power that can declare idiots dead in their house!

They only thing they know how to do is to DENY glaring atrocities.

Pls, Corp members in the, can you confirm for us again?

32 Likes

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Flora2Sweet: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2021
Fact...
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by AntiBMC(m): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2021
How is it fake? It's clearly stated there in the handbook. The corpers even captured it in a video clip b4 they'd come and lie that the pictures were altered.

This country is finished. Na graduates wey say dem no go fit do without 33k I dey pity. 33k will not be enough for ransom o. Sit down after graduation and plan ur life. Going to waste one year in the name of serving a dead country looking for cheap labor isn't worth the risk. A word is enough for the wise.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by IdJack(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2021
na wa oooo.

This is getting too much .

Have you visited my Signature today?

Click to check it. You will be glad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Cwekzy: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2021
Naw o
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2021
FG and Buhari are maddd.. something is in their handbook they printed and they are saying this. Please, let us compel our lawmakers and gov to attack NYSC. This is too much

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by pickatyoubackup: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2021
Era of reports and counter reports.
Who come get the handbook wey Dem post.
Abi person wan dey use our head

5 Likes

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Aremson14(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2021
This is a lie I just went through the pamphlet and it is there whats wrong with this people for God's sake

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by iamoyindamola(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Olofin2:
How I wish I have supernatural power that can declare idiots dead in their house!
I am with you on this

3 Likes

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Olujoe1(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Any effort vehemently made to refute anything, anytime, anywhere by government or it agencies is true.

Just pray you're not being kidnapped else, oyo.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by DropsMic(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Government of denial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Lagusta(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
dettolgel:
Olujoe1:
Gt
WAITING FOR SPACE BOOKERS
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by dettolgel: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Before the end of today they will come back to say it was a printing error.

No be Naija. APC government format:

Step 1: outright denial that it was a lie

When the people bring more evidence, then move to step 2

Step 2: accept but blame it on someone else.

In this case it will either be blamed on the printer or the reviewer

Step 3: Ask corper to ignore that section that an updated copy will be sent out

Step 4: allocate funds for updated version. Wait long enough for the people to get distracted by another boko or herdsmen attack and then embezzle the funds

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by illicit(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
I checked my friends, can't find that clause tho

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by dopechoks(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
But we have it here

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by chigoziri2403(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
Nysc should be suspended, till the right things are done
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by ojasweb(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
Government of denial
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by temmytee2309: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
See as dem turn me to mumu, I had to go and check the pamphlet they gave me again to be sure it was there.... Its there on page 56 in the book below

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by dannybomb(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
They didn't read the security tips before they printed it LMAO

3 Likes

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by money121(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by The5DME(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2021
Nigeria is not safe anymore.
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2021
illicit:
I checked mine, can't find that clause tho
Are u still a Corp member cos from what I learnt, it is in the new Security handbook given to Corp members that ve just finished Camping

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by ogododo: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2021
aguele:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=202248401999695&id=100066436096498

Make serving corps, snap am to us now. If NYSC dey lie abi our sildren.
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by rhektor(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2021
AntiBMC:
How is it fake? It's clearly stated there in the handbook. The corpers even captured it in a video clip b4 they'd come and lie that the pictures were altered.

This country is finished. Na graduates wey say dem no go fit do without 33k I dey pity. 33k will not be enough for ransom o. Sit down after graduation and plan ur life. Going to waste one year in the name of serving a dead country looking for cheap labor isn't worth the risk. A word is enough for the wise.

Do you have the handbook?

1 Like

Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2021
angry

Speechless
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Midas01: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2021
Lmao
Re: Ransom Payment For Corpers Traveling On High-Risk Roads - NYSC Denies Report by Thinktwicemybro: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2021
As it stands now, every reasonable Nigerian should be saving a percentage of their salaries for Ransom because they could be kidnapped anytime. The government has massively failed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara State NYSC Band, Recreates "Game Of Thrones" Theme Song / Prospective Nysc "Edo State" / Sokoto Corpers Protest Over 2 Months Allowance Arrears - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.