Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know (4481 Views)

Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo / How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Spent a lot on her. Time, love, resources.

Unfortunately I lost her yesterday to Parvo.

We've been frequenting the vet, but the idiot couldn't tell why my dog was weak but instead keeping giving injections.

As a first-time dog owner, I never suspected. Thought my vet was supposed to know better.

She got worst yesterday. Died last night. I buried her, wrapped in my favorite towel, and tucked inside her yellow basket.

I threw her toys in, including her favorite leash.

I cried.

But I'm over it.

Felt the pain of losing a loved one.

Will I get another dog?

I doubt. If I had known better, perhaps she would have been alive.

RIP Nina,
I'm sorry I failed.

2 Likes

Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by TarOrfeeek: 10:34am On Sep 24, 2021
It takes a miracle to cure parvo

You're the actual idiot who didn't know to vaccinate innocent Nina.
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

She was fully vaccinated. The abuse is uncalled for.
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Explicit02: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2021
Sanitize your cage before you bring in another pet please

...and to the vet ignore his/her incompetence and get another vet ....drips is d only way to pass treatment to dogs affected with parvo that I know for now

2 Likes

Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2021
I have every reason to call the vet an idiot, because she was under his care.

In a sane clime, I could sue him for negligence, and his license will be revoked.

The poor dog would have been saved, had he diagnosed her with Parvo early on.

It's well...
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2021
Explicit02:
Sanitize you cage before you bring in another pet please

...and to the vet ignore his/her incompetence and get another vet ....drips is d only way to pass treatment to dogs affected with parvo that I know for now

We was a house dog... She sleeps in her basket, comfortably made.

Was planning to get a crate next week. It's well
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:11am On Sep 24, 2021
Lemme guess you allow her wander about without supervision?! Even outdoors too?!
This is one of the biggest mistakes people make. A puppy is not meant to wander around without supervision at that age it can easily pick up anything
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
Lemme guess you allow her wander about without supervision?! Even outdoors too?!
This is one of the biggest mistakes people make. A puppy is not meant to wander around without supervision at that age it can easily pick up anything

She's mostly indoors. Outside only when she wants to pee or shit. Anything could have happened.
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by harmargedon: 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
HenryDion:

We've been frequenting the vet, but the idiot couldn't tell why my dog was weak but instead keeping giving injections.

As a first-time dog owner, I never suspected. Thought my vet was supposed to know better.

She got worst yesterday. Died last night. I buried her, wrapped in my favorite towel, and tucked inside her yellow basket.

I cried.

But I'm over it.

Will I get another dog?

RIP Nina,
I'm sorry I failed.
I'm sorry for your loss. But here's how to avoid parvo next time. Always wash your hands before touching or feeding your dog, don't let strangers touch it without doing the same, parvo can survive in clothes or soles of shoes for a long time, so keep away. But one major question, what do you feed her?
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
HenryDion:

She's mostly indoors. Outside only when she wants to pee or shit. Anything could have happened.
Oh alright anyways sorry for your loss, it’s not easy to lose a beloved pet
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
harmargedon:
I'm sorry for your loss. But here's how to avoid parvo next time. Always wash your hands before touching or feeding your dog, don't let strangers touch it without doing the same, parvo can survive in clothes or soles of shoes for a long time, so keep away. But one major question, what do you feed her?

Can foods, dry foods, chicken... She loves them
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by harmargedon: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
HenryDion:

what of milks?
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by harmargedon: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
HenryDion:

ok. It could be from the surrounding. Parvo viruses isn't airborne, it's gotten via contact. So it must have travelled from one carrier to another. In case of next time, always wash or disinfect the can carrying the food and the plastic bag once you get home. Different people come in contact with it before it's bought.
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2021
harmargedon:
what of milks?

Dog milk I got from a vet store...
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2021
harmargedon:
ok. It could be from the surrounding. Parvo viruses isn't airborne, it's gotten via contact. So it must have traveled from one carrier to another. In case of next time, always wash or disinfect the can carrying the food and the plastic bag once you get home. Different people come in contact with it before it's bought.

Thanks for the extra tip. The vet still claims it wasn't parvo. Only God knows what killed the dog..

The breeder promised to send me another dog. I would have to involve two vets if I should take in a dog again.
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by harmargedon: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
HenryDion:

Dog milk I got from a vet store...
what were the things you noticed, that made you conclude it was parvo?
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by elkharpone: 12:05am On Sep 25, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

you're very brainless

1 Like

Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Godfirst01(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2021
The cause of death couldn't have been parvo. What were the symptoms leading to the death?
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Ishilove: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
So sorry dear. I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by chatinent: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
HenryDion:

I cried.

But I'm over it.

Will I get another dog?

RIP Nina,
I'm sorry I failed.

So sorry for your loss, team.

You'll get another one to love and cherish.

So so sorry.
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by mofeoluwa53h: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
okay
Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by Haroldjunior: 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
HenryDion:

I cried.

But I'm over it.

Will I get another dog?

RIP Nina,
I'm sorry I failed.
Not all stores where they sell pet accessories actually have certified vet doctors as workers. Most of them just dey. I met one sometime ago when I went to get my dog’s wormer, I knew the dosage, but I just wanted to find out if this guy actually knew what he was talking about... baba said I should give my dog 4 tablets of the wormer(Wormer-Pet, usually 12 tabs) once, and then I should give her 4 again the next day. And I clearly stated that it was an adolescent. I just dey look am that day. Most of them no go school o. Sorry for your loss OP.

1 Like

Re: Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know by kekakuz(m): 7:26am On Sep 26, 2021
Explicit02:
Sanitize you cage before you bring in another pet please

true drip saved roger

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of My GSD / Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others / Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.