Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? (29177 Views)

How To Write Your Background To The Study Very Fast And Well / Unknown Animal With Hunchback Chase Kids From School VIDEO PICS / Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2021
Unpopular courses?

Those are where billions of naira are hidden once you're in the field.

Dem know wetin dem dey do nah. grin
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Dbtcking: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2021
H
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by BruncleZuma: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2021
Because they're not looking for money, they are looking for fulfilment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by phenylalanine(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
This question has always been on my mind and just now I’m reading, again, that the daughter of President Buhari went to the UK to study Photography. grin grin

Not just her! There’s a noticeable trend even in Naija; a kid from a very wealthy home may go to a university to study music, or catering, or something that isn’t “popular and mainstream”.

The rest of us from not so rich homes will kill ourselves with mechanical, chemical, petro-chemical, electromagnetic engineering

Because they did not need it to work, that have been taken care of my their parents
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2021
I studied anything I liked

Dumped the cert and downloaded trading apps
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by yusluvad(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2021
Richy4:

There's a difference between studying for passion and studying in order to gain good employment...

Based on this, try and put 2 and 2 together cool

Hmmm. Words on marble...
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by NobleRace: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2021
The reason is simple.

Most times, those guys don't see any need for education. They already have a lot of money to inherit, why all the trouble. The only go to school to earn a certificate so as not to be called an illiterate. The purpose of earning those certificates is not to get a job. Hence, they go for easy courses. This is the illusion they mostly dwell in.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Madeu(m): 11:38am On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

U are a fu3king illiterate.
Those course dont matter here in Nigeria.
But they matter a lot internationally.
Do u think those one will even plan to work in Nigeria. They get their BSc and relocate to abroad..

Before you call someone an illiterate, look at yourself in the mirror.

Averages earners means : entry level position which is 55000AUD yearly, 4583AUD monthly before tax. With payment of tax, take home will be less than that.
The attached pic is a questioned ask. That amount is not enough to survive with.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by joyandfaith: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2021
Telegram234:

U are a fu3king illiterate.
Those course dont matter here in Nigeria.
But they matter a lot internationally.
Do u think those one will even plan to work in Nigeria. They get their BSc and relocate to abroad..

Listen to yourself. How many children of rich people will relocate abroad to work as slaves when they can live like princes and princesses of saudi in Nigeria.
Op is even making reference to Nigerian economy. All professions have markets in developed countries.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Enddy50ty(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Dem no wan disgrace their family.
In Timaya's voice == "This life I can't kill myself ooh".
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by alizma: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Make them go study hard courses so that tomorrow una go dey insult them for their poor performance abi?
Till tomorrow una dey insult Buhari's secondary School certificate, imagine say the guy man come enter school to study architecture or maths and statistics. Una for go call LAWMA to come clear presidential F9.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by naheem8307(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2021
Because they don't have the intellect to cope with strenuous and demanding courses....
They go to school for school sake... just to be called a graduate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by nokspos: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2021
na so they be for here o, that's why i don't like commenting on this forum, you will just be trying to make sense, one small boy will just ruin your day.
Kingcalls:

U dint hv to abuse the OP...u just exhibited signs of illiteracy
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
This question has always been on my mind and just now I’m reading, again, that the daughter of President Buhari went to the UK to study Photography. grin grin

Not just her! There’s a noticeable trend even in Naija; a kid from a very wealthy home may go to a university to study music, or catering, or something that isn’t “popular and mainstream”.

The rest of us from not so rich homes will kill ourselves with mechanical, chemical, petro-chemical, electromagnetic engineering

Because in this Queen Elizabeth's experiment certificate hardly works for u but connections and names undecided
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by wizygreat2000(m): 11:46am On Sep 25, 2021
588R3VW. Betja fellow go play that booking number
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by sylve11: 11:47am On Sep 25, 2021
Blaqstick:
Will dey work with the certificate? Their parent just want them to just travel oversea and snap that graduation picture.

grin cool
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Kobicove(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2021
Because they just want to get the tag "Graduate" grin
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Sleekfingers: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

You called photography, music and catering and hotel management unpopular.......it is obvious, you don't know what you are saying.......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Raalsalghul: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2021
The question answers itself: they're setup for life regardless of whatever discipline they choose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by arantess: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

Where is the stats to back this claim?

Ngige just attended his daughters graduation as a Doctor....

Show us your data please

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by ednut1(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2021
Madeu:

In as much we all have issues with Mr
Buhari, we should be objective with our opinion. What about Otedola's daughter that read History of art in her UG?
maybe thats what her brain can carry/ she is not intelligent na. If i have a child with average intelligence its stupidity to make hom or her study mathematics or accounting. When sociology dey lol
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by drLammy(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2021
Because they have backup at life to explore and if they fail they are covered
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Opejesu(m): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2021
They are able to understand life in another perspectives. In my own view, those small course(s) aren't ordinary course but a skillful course. A course that you learn with skills.

Instead for them to indulge being an apprentice to a particular work, they would rather study the skills and get all their certificate.

Moreover, having skills pay better this days than having a white-collar job. Though they aren't studying such a course to earn more money but tj be know with a particular skill.

In my own view tho....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Freelane33(m): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2021
Because they don’t need a course to be successful . They are already successful by coming from a wealthy home cool
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by freeman67: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

When people already have money they go for what they have passion for. Though they may still practice, they will go for the education in itself and not just because they feel it must be a route to their success. However, majority of the average and poor people first of all consider how lucrative/popular a course is and how they can get rewarded immediately they start practicing because they want to upgrade their livelihood from there.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2021
Money is not the problem, so they just need certificate
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Madeu(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2021
ednut1:
maybe thats what her brain can carry/ she is not intelligent na. If i have a child with average intelligence its stupidity to make hom or her study mathematics or accounting. When sociology dey lol
international relations like Saraki's daughter or other Liberal art courses, that doesn't have much quantitative reasoning.
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Naughtysex: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2021
hmmm
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Unibener: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Na lie abeg, Rich men children study popular courses.
Dangote daughter
Especially if u want them to manage the firm in future.
No use Buhari pikin quantify everybody
Re: Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? by Glenn2020(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Yes.from a wealthy background, the irrelevant course you study,can be use to occupy relevant position in Nigeria,as far as your father is famous,rich n wealthy...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mention That Topic In Mathematics, That You Still Do Not Understand. / Kogistatepoly Admission List Is Out. / UNIBEN Students Celebrate Final Year Week In Style (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.