Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters (34326 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / CBN Set To Prosecute FOREX Defaulters / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Mangekyo: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hidentity:

This is wrong
No
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by BarrSly: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
This is a very silly move!! When I heard that CBN requested publishing of defaulters I laughed it off expecting them to know better in this modern time and age of Cyber Security and Spear Phishing attacks going on.

With details like this, only a little bit of reconnaissance to gather a few other details and these people could be victims of spear phishing attacks or any other cyber based attack.

You don’t have to publish the details like this, you have their BVN, backlist their accounts freeze it up and request them to show up otherwise they know what they stand to loose!

5 Likes

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by wizdooarchy3(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
Thank you for banking with us!!!
Meanwhile your name d smell
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by baralatie(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank

I thought BVN was a confidential information.

Why are they exposing these customers BVN to fraudsters?

Zenith bank would never do something as childish and thoughtless as this.

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Goldbw122(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
tHEY Should STILL pubLISH THOSE Yahoo BOys ACCount, and THEIr AZa man ACCOunt. SO THAT we Can SEE?
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Tunar18(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
I instill high moral value and top notch home training for free. You are just a DM away
Mangekyo:

Perhaps your father is a corrupt man. Yes?

4 Likes

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Omooba77: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.ubagroup.com/nigeria/cbn-fx-defaulters/

UBA will pay heavily, just because of $4000 PTA/BTA they are exposing customers details that can be used to steal millions from their accounts. Why not hide some of the digits. If it is America, UBA will cough out atleast $40k per person.

1 Like

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by udemzyudex(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
Patiently waiting for them to post the names of politicians too.
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by yahmohy27: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank

They are also fraudsters guy
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by yahmohy27: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Poor man wey tif Maggi, dem go show im face for crime-fighter grin
Who they show their face?
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Deedido: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=TarOrfeeek post=106139610]

UBA is a foolish bank

Zenith bank would never do something as childish and thoughtless as this

Those guys for sue them
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Mangekyo: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
Tunar18:
I instill high moral value and top notch home training for free. You are just a DM away
And who is this? undecided
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by yahmohy27: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
hewoyeg8:
Buhari is a Terrorist
Ipob guy spotted
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by anataala: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2021
There’s nothing nothing wrong with UBA decision, customer were aware that collecting BTA without traveling is unacceptable and could lead to publishing of names of defaulters.
FalseProphet1:
This is so unprofessional from UBA.

I see UBA loosing a handful of customers in the coming weeks because if this goof.

This I have seen.
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Bobxin: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Poor man wey tif Maggi, dem go show im face for crime-fighter grin

Crime fighter!

2 Likes

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Starz825(m): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank

Chill..
You can't defraud anyone via their BVN..it's not right exposing it but you can't defraud anyone with it

1 Like

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Adenugay(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank

Because they are fraudstees, having any issue with that? Fraudsters shouldn't have any privacy

2 Likes

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by SUPERPACK: 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
Omooba77:

UBA will pay heavily, just because of $4000 PTA/BTA they are exposing customers details that can be used to steal millions from their accounts. Why not hide some of the digits. If it is America, UBA will cough out atleast $40k per person.
He who wants equity must do equity. The people with the names above have no case in front of any Nigerian court. A criminal cannot sue for his rights.

1 Like

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2021
what kind of country is this where they publish customer's details, this is supposed to be confidential information! We have no concept of privacy. Cant they just publish the names? Must they publish BVN and account no?

1 Like

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by frankson1(m): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2021
Sirpaul:
Dey won run UBA Street grin

The customer(s) below presented fake visa to apply for PTA

Okafor Patrick Chukwuemek

cheesy cheesy cheesy dem too like FAKE things.
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Emeifele is the most useless incompetent CBN governor we have ever had!!! How he became a bank MD talk less CBN governor only God knows!

1 Like

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by bayelsaowei(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank

I thought as much..why expose their BVNs...
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Omooba77: 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2021
SUPERPACK:
He who wants equity must do equity. The people with the names above have no case in front of any Nigerian court. A criminal cannot sue for his rights.

Lets see how the case play, God will keep us....

Do you know implications of exposing ones BVN......
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by 24brains(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank
oga its the CBN directive to publish as done

1 Like

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Easy5265: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
The truth is that the system makes an average Nigerian to be corrupt.
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

The truth is that an average Nigerian is corrupt.
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by 24brains(m): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
Where my phishing equipment sef? Owo don show
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by LaIabobo: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Omooba77:

This is a CBN directive and the customers also agreed to it by signing a declaration prior to collecting the PTA.
They have no case against the bank.

The fraudsters can't steal from their account using BVN, that's why they always call customers asking for card details or OTP.

3 Likes

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by SUPERPACK: 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
Omooba77:

Lets see how the case play, God will keep us....

Do you know implications of exposing ones BVN......
None, bro. Is there any risk in showing/hanging your ID card on your neck? None. BVN is just your Financial ID card and only it cannot be used to steal your money, you need to give out more details for fraudsters to use it against you. The only issue I see here is people knowing the bank accounts he operates, that is if you have access to BVN API for verification.

3 Likes

Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by BahaushenArewa: 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
Na IPOB and ODUDUWA people ���
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by martinz1: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
Jesu is that sometimes bvn?
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by airsaylongcome: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

UBA is a foolish bank

It's pure madness! Revealing something as sensitive as a BVN! Jesus! Absolutely NO REGARDS for privacy laws. And we have NDPR o! Same government that set the policy for NDPR are the same ones asking businesses to breach that policy
Re: UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters by Omooba77: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
SUPERPACK:
None, bro. Is there any risk in showing/hanging your ID card on your neck? None. BVN is just your Financial ID card and only it cannot be used to steal your money, you need to give out more details for fraudsters to use it against you. The only issue I see here is people knowing the bank accounts he operates, that is if you have access to BVN API for verification.

Ok sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / 5 Things You Need To Know About Bitcoin In Nigeria / Student Selling Ofada Rice In Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.