Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions (21181 Views)

Rivers And Delta Indigenes Are The Least Interested In Joining The Army / US Military Offers $50,000 To New Recruits Who Want To Join The Army / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Philip6800(m): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2021
Instead of to join Nigeria army why not sale one of your kidney and use the money flex

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 25, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Write your will and obituary keep one place
He would will his girlfriend to you and will his phone to his girlfriend.

If he has a good business, or properties would he be looking to join NA with no dignity.. army that kills peaceful protesters

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by blasterman(m): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Hello guys....so I am currently 20 years of age..I just passed the just concluded jamb and I am wanting to study computer science in either a polytechnic or university then after that, join the military through S.S.C ..I have few questions I would love to ask anyone who has gone through similar experience or knows a thing or two...

Note- please nobody should come here and start telling me to finish one first as I am only trying to plan ahead... thanks..

1) should I go for a university degree ( with strike and possible extra years put into consideration) or a polytechnic for H.N.D?

2) is there a limit to the rank I can achieve for going through S.S.C ( because I've heard something like that) and how long would it take to rise to that rank if there's any?

I really need as much advice as possible,my future is at stake. Please help me..

Dont listen to the negative ppl here. all around the world nothing wrong in a 20 yr man joining the army. the expeirence, dispcipline is life changing. Hopefully u survive. Life is arisk. some ppl work out their house and get into accident.

U can be in the army for few years and bail out.

Look for someone who went through the DSSSC and ask them how to juggle it or ask someone on Army Facebook
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by phyiktor(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2021
Why not go to NDA and forget university you can still study the course you want there instead of wasting years in the university and polytechnic you intend going and no rank limit if you go through NDA..there is only rank limit for those who finished from the university and later join the army through short service... since you pass diz just conclude jamb exam and you really want to join the army I will advise go for change of institution and put Nigeria defense academy as ur first choice

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by joyandfaith: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Hello guys....so I am currently 20 years of age..I just passed the just concluded jamb and I am wanting to study computer science in either a polytechnic or university then after that, join the military through S.S.C ..I have few questions I would love to ask anyone who has gone through similar experience or knows a thing or two...

Note- please nobody should come here and start telling me to finish one first as I am only trying to plan ahead... thanks..

1) should I go for a university degree ( with strike and possible extra years put into consideration) or a polytechnic for H.N.D?

2) is there a limit to the rank I can achieve for going through S.S.C ( because I've heard something like that) and how long would it take to rise to that rank if there's any?

I really need as much advice as possible,my future is at stake. Please help me..

If you join as a graduate, fair enough. After 15 years you can retire with benefits.
If you join through NDA, you are a big boy.
If you join as a recruit with SSCE, you are zombie waiting to be sacriified at any moment.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Glycosunde: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2021
chatinent:
I don't even understand the north and south discrimination from people commenting here. If you are in the Nigerian army, the Army will use you wherever you are from!!

They will use you until you are killed!

They will use you after you are killed!!

Your salary, another oga go dey chop!

If you wife no gree sample to oga, they will chase her outta of the barrack!!

It doesn't have anything to do with where you are from: they will use you!

I heard of a story were a policeman died and his wife went to collect her husband gratuity. After so many months back and forth, madam and her daughter were impregnated by the oga grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Collins4u1(m): 9:45am On Sep 25, 2021
Power don dey hungry this one...

The gods has made you mad.

Drop address for burial rice first ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2021
uptimum123:
I love your zeal and determination...ignore those saying joining the army as a southerner is a death sentence..they are just talking from their anuus

Follow the below link. Your questions is best answered there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video/2006

SHAMELESS CHEAP PAID AGENT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by showafrica(m): 9:52am On Sep 25, 2021
mbahdi:
Rip in advance.
Upon all's professions wey full ground na army u tink of joining in dis buhari perilous regime.why not humbly donate ur organs to those in need of it dan willingly dashing it to bandits or Boko Haram

Simple thing wey him for just donate one kidney cashout 30m. He has decided to waste it on bandits, well his life his choice.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by pennywys(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:

to die d hungry you? If so, why not commit sucide?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by chatinent: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Glycosunde:

I heard of a story were a policeman died and his wife went to collect her husband gratuity. After so many months back and forth, madam and her daughter were impregnated by the oga grin grin

It happens.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by chatinent: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Cardealer2021:
Me sef wonder ooo cry my elder has been serving in the NAf since 2015 and nothing don do am for Abuja and we are from the south

Thank God then..by the way, Abuja isn't as bad as North East.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by od501: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:

Does this one even read the newspapers? Since you have decided to make yourself a sacrificial lamb, I bid you farewell in advance.

Joining the Nigerian army is the most stupid idea anybody can come up with now.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by od501: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2021
Glycosunde:

Very true. There was a military man that died that year, his family was oust from the Baracks and the benefits denied cos the wife refused to sleep with the oga.
There was also this one that happened IB that year. The soldier died, for one year the family were not notified and they kept playing on their intelligence until the family met a babalawo who later told them the son is dead.
They were about getting a lawyer involved before the army later opened up. If at that, till date, N1 the family never see.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by ItzKennybest67(m): 10:11am On Sep 25, 2021
labisibrass:

He's not referring to secondary school certificate. He meant SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION

oh okay, thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Ofadaman(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2021
With an SSCE you'd end up as a combatant, the number of years it'd take you to become a reasonable person up the rank, you'd have been dead by the then, combatant go to the field of war and if you're a southerner and non Muslim you're good as dead already. Good luck
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Truvelisback(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2021
Are u after the job or the money? Anyway, Army recruit earning is good even if u join with O' level result. I heard that promotion do come every 4yrs. But e no easy to enter sha, especially, if don't av a Godfather. Don't let those cowards here scare u or discourage u. Success is not cheap. Just believe in God and be courageous too.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by uptimum123(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

SHAMELESS CHEAP PAID AGENT

grin grin cool cool

Body dey pain you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Austeeenxx: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2021
Target practice for Boko boys and their bandits homies.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Mccall88(m): 10:27am On Sep 25, 2021
Dorime is calling

R.I.P in advance motherfvcker grin
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Francejaik(m): 10:27am On Sep 25, 2021
mouthofThegod:
If you are from the South, goodluck.
My regards to your loved ones

cheesy
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Memberclub(m): 10:32am On Sep 25, 2021
Imagine joining Northern Nigeria Army smh
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by sylve11: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2021
The comments so far.......... shocked grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Faraday1997: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Yeah bro I once had same desire as yours 4 years ago but damn no way in.. I tried using my inventory.... That's when I get to know that Nigerian are the cause of the problems we all face today.... I built an electromagnetic bullet proof jacket, remoted control tank... & advanced explosives but still my ideas and inventory are been trashed... I hate those at higher levels. I now see no reason why those whom built weapons for crime.

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Faraday1997: 10:37am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:

Yeah bro I once had same desire as yours 4 years ago but damn no way in.. I tried using my inventory.... That's when I get to know that Nigerian are the cause of the problems we all face today.... I built an electromagnetic bullet proof jacket, remoted control tank... & advanced explosives but still my ideas and inventory are been trashed... I hate those at higher levels. I now see no reason why those whom built weapons for crime.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:37am On Sep 25, 2021
This is not how to make your mama and papa (parents) proud of you.

Untimely death won't be your portion.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Damscodammy1(m): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2021
ItzKennybest67:
joining nigerian army alone as a southerner is a death trap bro, to make it worse ssce,
well you've already said no one should tell you to finish one first, my regards to your families...

But on a serious note you can do both.. I have this coursemate whos doing both, he already enters the army with ssce then later come to poly for his national diploma, the army takes care of his bills..
Last time we talk he was talking like he wants to japa..and thats another topic entirely.
mk seun catch u o.oniranu.
moreover e no tok say e wan do am with ssce o.d op wan apply aftr hnd or degre program.
as 4 seun bills.na e pay by e sef o.buh e salary dy enter 4 d time in schl
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:

I will advice u to get ur computer science degree through the NDA. Do a change of institution and use NDA instead of wasting years in normal universities

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Emola12(m): 10:40am On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:
To join Nigeria Army is one of the easiest ways to die young.

I wish you what you wish yourself.
lol.... i cannt stop laughing
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Spherical77(m): 10:43am On Sep 25, 2021
Guy abeg why you no like your life like this hun..

You just wan go waste your life for no just cause.
I know say na the kaki dey shark you

Guy if you see me now eh you go pity me i swear, I no get job, my account dey empty with my B.sc (2.1)
Even at that, I no fit do army with free pass. Never!

I value my life pass anything. Can't imagine leaving my loved ones behind because of Nigerian army wey no send me
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Jolite(m): 10:45am On Sep 25, 2021
R.I.P in Advance.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by DavidEsq(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2021
mouthofThegod:
If you are from the South, goodluck.
My regards to your loved ones
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Graduates Recruitment / Reps - Immigration Must Refund Job-seekers / ABC Transport Plc Un-advertised Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.