Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? (45303 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ArcFresky(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:

This scenario reminds me of Jude and Eniola Badmus that was always cartoonized on The Sun Newspaper. Gt.

I am oweing my fiancee, 500k.
Some of the money was from buying say, foodstuffs.

She wants to rent house now, she says I should pay because she no get money, and she is working and earning.

I can actually pay at any time, but she refuses to receive it.

Well, we don breakup ohhh can't live with that shit.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by NoToPile: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2021
Loool prices of things are so high that everybody is lamenting, either the husband is the one that provides it or not.

Me that I can call my husband from the market and start lamenting on the phone that things are too costly grin grin grin. Bought gas few days back still complained nooni.

I can't imagine what people will say if it was me that dropped the money and I start complaining about cost of things.

I feel either you bought it with your money or not things are too astronomical and some people can't help but complain about it.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by azammi(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
GOCEO:

Na amebo cause am, puke nosing into pples affairs.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by chatinent: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2021
ArcFresky:

I am oweing my fiancee, 500k.
Some of the money was from buying say, foodstuffs.

She wants to rent house now, she says I should pay because she no get money, and she is working and earning.

I can actually pay at any time, but she refuses to receive it.

Well, we don breakup ohhh can't live with that shit.

Wow
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by spice123(m): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Haba, using part of pension to pay for rent? It shows you don't have enough emergency reserve, a minimum of 10% of what you earn is to be invested in income generating and capital appreciating asset throughout your worklife apart from the retirement savings plan of your employer, financially intelligent people have personal retirement plans.
You think a pension contribution of more than 7 years with interests is not a good investment? Something that will take care of your old age after retirement? hahahaha. I should be the one to lecture you on investment my brother.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
spice123:

You think a pension contribution of more than 7 years with interests is not a good investment? Something that will take care of your old age after retirement? hahahaha. I should be the one to lecture you on investment my brother.

Too bad you have to liquidate your Retirement Savings Account just to pay for consumption ie rent.

If you don't have personal Investment that is at least twice the fund in your Retirement Savings Account, you are a learner and have not done well for yourself making money, managing money and multiplying money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by bepositive11: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
vickydevoka:

O.k

Mind u no one want to be jobless. They only issue is dat, once you've had a good job b4, is hard for u yo start a menial job.

True, it can be demoralizing to do a menial job after losing a good paying job. I'm the kind of person who's always determined to find a way -- I do whatever it takes as long as it doesn't go against my values. I put my ego and pride aside if I have to. But that's just me. I set very high standards for myself so I naturally expect it from others, but I understand that not everyone is like me.

Are you jobless perhaps?
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by vickydevoka(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
bepositive11:

True, it can be demoralizing to do a menial job after losing a good paying job. I'm the kind of person who's always determined to find a way -- I do whatever it takes as long as it doesn't go against my values. I put my ego and pride aside if I have to. But that's just me. I set very high standards for myself so I naturally expect it from others, but I understand that not everyone is like me.

Are you jobless perhaps?
Lol. Question for the gods
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by spice123(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Too bad you have to liquidate your Retirement Savings Account just to pay for consumption ie rent.

If you don't have personal Investment that is at least twice the fund in your Retirement Savings Account, you are a learner and have not done well for yourself making money, managing money and multiplying money
People sell their house or land to either pay a debt or for education or even travel oversees. The main reason for investment is to solve problem without borrowing. I don't need to argue with you because its obvious you have no responsibility
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
spice123:

People sell their house or land to either pay a debt or for education or even travel oversees. The main reason for investment is to solve problem without borrowing. I don't need to argue with you because its obvious you have no responsibility

Wrong move, what happens to solving your needs with the cash flow from the asset or investments. Selling an investment to pay for debts or for consumption is not financially savvy.

Visit the Treasury Bill, mutual funds and stock market threads to read about personal finance, money management and investments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by fortune1968: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bennethchiso:
. For real I am tired and so depressed.I just don't know where to start. If I had money i wouldn't mind starting a business but no money to start with. Pls do you mind sharing with me what you do? I may take a lift from there.
I'm not sure if you are in Lagos .But ,if you are ,you can look for teaching job in highbrow areas like Lekki,VI, Surulere , Ikoyi ,etc .There is always need for teachers .Just drop your CV with them .It may not matter if you read education or not .Once you are good ,they will employ you . Especially ,if you read science ,any science ,just apply as a science teacher or class teacher ( in upper primary school ) or related subject teacher in secondary school .( You can always check Tuesdays Guardian ) Also Google for secondary and primary schools in the aforementioned places and send you CV to their e mail addresses to save cost .You can also send to them through post office.( Whether they advertise for teachers or not )
As for me ,I also trade in palm oil .But the high cost of the product had reduced my capacity to buy much recently .May God help us .
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Please sir. How can I reach you via WhatsApp sur
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by intruder15(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2021
spice123:

My brother, I was out of job for like 6 months and wife took care of all the bills excluding rent and school fees and nobody noticed or knew I was out of job. No negative attitude showed up and I will tell you why. A close friend gave me this advice and I will share same with you. When you get your salary or business profit, remove your t-fare/car fuel and give the rest to your wife to manage the home. I was very hard for me to do but t I summoned courage and since 3+ years I started it, I have complete peace. Infact, my wife was praising me on how I was able to pay all bills and manage funds. By the time your wife will mismange the home funds (feeding, rent, kids sch fees e.t.c) she will wake up and realize that paying for gas in the home is the least issue. You will have utmost respect bro. I have been married for 7 years now.

Emmm. This your write up eh, I want to key into it but several parts are not clear. If you only remove your transport and give your wife the rest, how do you still pay for rent? Also, since the funds you have is defined, how do you take your wife out spontaneously?
How do you also cope with your parents expenses?
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cromagnon: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

Answer these questions and come to your conclusion. What do you think?

If I could answer I wouldn't ask now would I
But I'll take your refusal to do same as acquiescence.
But continue with your feminist agenda
Let's see where it will end
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cromagnon: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
cococandy:
unworthy how?
men they don't respect
Men that cannot provide what they want ( however delusional said wants are)

Just stay alone till they meet their unicorn
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cromagnon: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
chatinent:

It's circumstances,bro.

Can we balance the view?

How about we count the positive things about them first before the painful things?

Can we talk about it?
apart from life and health, what is positive about being homeless at end of life by disloyal women
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ImaIma1(f): 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cromagnon:

If I could answer I wouldn't ask now would I
But I'll take your refusal to do same as acquiescence.
But continue with your feminist agenda
Let's see where it will end

Everything to you guys on this forum is feminism.

No point trying to have a conversation when it seems you have your preconceived notions already.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by drnoel: 3:10am On Sep 30, 2021
Ficient:

Unfortunately some of them know how to forget easily when things change

Na U Sabi. Genotype changes is a lie. No medical college would even listen to such BS
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cromagnon: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
ImaIma1:

Everything to you guys on this forum is feminism.

No point trying to have a conversation when it seems you have your preconceived notions already.
Fox o
Dog o
Wolf o
They all canines that eat chicken

Same with cat and lion

So if you display characteristics of feminist then don't be annoyed when you get called out.

You were given opportunity to explain yourself
But like true feminist you chose to run away

We meet at Shiloh
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ImaIma1(f): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Cromagnon:

Fox o
Dog o
Wolf o
They all canines that eat chicken

Same with cat and lion

So if you display characteristics of feminist then don't be annoyed when you get called out.

You were given opportunity to explain yourself
But like true feminist you chose to run away

We meet at Shiloh

Explain myself to who?

What feminists characteristics? Any counter opinion to what you guys on this forum believe is seen as feminism.

Meet yourself at Shiloh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cromagnon: 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

Explain myself to who?

What feminists characteristics? Any counter opinion to what you guys on this believe is seen as feminism.

Meet yourself at Shiloh.
Men don't go to Shiloh looking for husband after wasting fertile years going woke
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ImaIma1(f): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
Cromagnon:

Men don't go to Shiloh looking for husband after wasting fertile years going woke

They don't go looking for husbands of course. They go looking for wives wink

Don't waste your precious time on assumptions that everyone who has a contrary opinion is a feminist. Or that everyone with a contrary opinion is unmarried.

Expand your mind. Shiloh is for everyone, young and old, married and unmarried. See you there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by NaBanga: 1:51am On Oct 17, 2021
One bill shouldn't be causing this. It's good that you pay 98% of the bills. However don't go beyond that. Any man that doesn't take care of his family is a fool. A woman will always insult you and sleep with a "better" man in such a case. Men who are not contributing to the family are just there as an accessory, like a handbag or makeup.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
JESHAL:

Actually 50% divorce rates and 70-80% initiated by women
in black welfare subsidised community it's 80%. That 50 is for whites
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 20, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
in black welfare subsidised community it's 80%. That 50 is for whites

Wow
Didn't know that
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Felixnyle: 2:11am On Oct 20, 2021
You are absolutely right. I give it to you.

JovialJune:

You see, this is how a balanced healthy family life should be, where both couples join heads to make it work no matter the setback any is facing at a period of time, I tell people that the marriage problem and high rate of divorce we see today is cos one is lording himself/herself over the other, when couples see each other as equal partners, everything will fall in place, even the bible says "two become one" as in same in body and everything.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cousin9999: 5:09am On Oct 20, 2021
I'm glad mental health is trending because there are a lot of broken people walking around who don't know they're broken. There are also a lot of people that don't seem to grasp that certain attitudes are not part of a progressive society.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Cromagnon: 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
ImaIma1:

They don't go looking for husbands of course. They go looking for wives wink

Don't waste your precious time on assumptions that everyone who has a contrary opinion is a feminist. Or that everyone with a contrary opinion is unmarried.

Expand your mind. Shiloh is for everyone, young and old, married and unmarried. See you there
whatever helps you sleep at night
����

Shiloooooooh
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by XshegzzyeeiX: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
chatinent:

This scenario reminds me of Jude and Eniola Badmus that was always cartoonized on The Sun Newspaper.

That means if she were the one providing the meals, ọ ga -esiri gị ike ga ahu banana nke a rapuru fo.

Mehn..

Nothing dey vex me pass references to every little efforts you make forgetting my daily stabs to make you happy.

Most women cannot be men even for a day.

Only one evening my cousin sister took me out, I never even remove my shoe naim I read her status: “I like the woman I am becoming. Always learn to man your womanhood.”

The only thing most women tend to appreciate is credit alerts..or send your account number. They will become so emotional..they can even cry.

Let the case be the reverse.

Make she just take care of you for two days.

You go hear weeen. She go even remind you how she carry you for stomach for nine months.

“Richie, what is this na, can't I have peace after coming back from work again? How can you eat and cannot wash your plates again! What's this na!”

“Baby, why are you shouting? The neighbours are at...”

“Don't baby me. What have I not done to make you happy? Will I kill myself? Am I the only married woman in the world..what is this na.”

(You try to hold her hands to calm her down...she slaps you damn hard).

“(She is crying now..tears flowly freely). Just see what you made me do. Just see it. Everything is just wrong with this world.”

You mah wey dem slap go still go meet am for parlour where she dey cry dey pet am (and that is after checking your cheeks if blood dey comot). You go come humbly tell am say no bi you eat, say na the one she eat for morning..but anyways, you forgot to wash it.

Another matter don dey brew.

She will now come to the parlour and sit, ask you for the remote and change the football to Telemundo and mutter these words you'll never hear: “work e won't work, such a failure. It's only remote e can pass.”

You will try to look at her with your side eyes but meet her full eyes staring at you in disgust. Mumu you go come smile enter bedroom.

As you are walking into the bedroom, the volume of the muttering is increasing but it's still inaudible.

In the oza room, just respect yourself. Don't even dare..unless you want the whole world to know how you will be idle and want to kill sb’s daughter after working all day!

“oh, it's your plan, Richie, baa? To kill me so that you can now go and meet Ishilove, baa?”

Only you go dey like Stone Cold Steve Austin sleep.

It will be normal...the “honey, darling etc.” is going to die. You will be called your name...two seconds, she will stop calling your name and just be giving out orders.

Abeg, don't even remind her you are the husband. You will get the insult of your life. She will say “no, say it loud na, let mama Chisom hear you. How many husbands stay at home watching football and their wives are left to do all the work!”

But na you still dey pay rent, buy foodstuff, and children fees.

Baba, kuku collect that responsiblity back. I hate to talk much. No dare shift any of your responsibility to woman...even if she persists to want to help. E kuku better she dey do am willingly than you register her name on it.

Only women, babies, and pets are loved. Men are respected when they man up. Na the respect we dey translate to love.

Noted.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by XshegzzyeeiX: 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Not every woman is cantankerous and unreasonable.

These are the things people should look out for during courtship.

How willing is she to spend her own money on things other than her personal needs?

Are there situations where she can sort out certain bills, but she always waits for you to sort them out?

These are some of the attitudes that will tell if she can ever man the home during your temporary downtime...
And her attitude while at it ...
Problem is people don't date intelligently.

There's an intentionality with which relationships should be journeyed. Look out for signs! Imagine scenarios. Be sure you're compatible.

Brilliant response.
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by XshegzzyeeiX: 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ofadaman:
My son, it has never been easy, I've lost all respect and control. Even my kids don't even respect or greet me, she speaks to me rudely , she challenges my every decisions , she nags endlessly comparing me to other men and telling me I'm less of a man.
She returns home late and doesn't do any house chores anymore. Nothing pleases her , even today I sat to watch a football game and she came in to change the station to those Bollywood series and told me if I'm the one who subscribed for it.

I've lost my manhood... "

Dnt let this be your story, hussle to make Money

Chai!!! So sorry man about your predicament.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Perfect Wife's Guide - How To Welcome Your Husband Home From Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.