Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office (14702 Views)

Immigration Clears 60,000 Passport Backlogs In 4 Days – Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo / Tunji-ojo Orders Clearance Of 200,000 Passport Backlogs Within Two Weeks / Passport Backlogs To Be Cleared In Two Weeks, Says Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by myami: 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idris Jere, acting comptroller-general of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), has ordered the service’s special taskforce to clear the backlogs of passport applications at Ikoyi passport office in Lagos.

Jere directed the taskforce to proceed to Ikoyi to ensure all existing backlogs of passport applications were cleared within one week.

NAN reports that Amos Okpu, NIS spokesperson, made this known in a statement on Saturday.

He said the taskforce had arrived in Ikoyi and had already commenced the clearance exercise.

Okpu said upon assumption of office, the acting CG promised to deepen the passport issuance reform efforts to ensure seamless passport issuance processes across issuing centres.

According to Okpu, Jere assured applicants who had been enrolled into the passport system in Ikoyi that the team had commenced issuance of notifications for collection to applicants whose passports were ready.

He further assured applicants that some drastic changes would be made in the station to improve the quality of service delivery.

The NIS boss appealed to prospective passport applicants to endeavour to visit the service’s website to apply and make payments for the passport categories of their choice.

“This is to avoid patronising anybody who will request applicants to make any cash payments for passports,” he added.
https://www.thecable.ng/immigration-cg-orders-clearance-of-passport-backlogs-at-ikoyi-office-within-one-week

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by NwaNimo1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Aidejay(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
initial gra gra

What does initial gra gra mean?
It is a phenom in Nigeria where a newly installed public servant into public office, begins his or her tenure by making big and influential moves that will substantially end up a waste of time and useless as the buzz/morale of the assumption of said office reduces. They do that to show that they've arrived and are capable and focused on smoothing out problems their predecessors couldn't tackle.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by optionalY09: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
bullshit! break this fvcking country, stinks crap

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by 22o62021: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
Story
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Blue3k(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
Oh its as easy him snapping his figures and making it official?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by helinues: 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
Long overdue
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by devlishGINGER(m): 5:34am On Sep 26, 2021
Good one
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by AntiChristian: 5:34am On Sep 26, 2021
I don't know why some (or most) civil servants are lazy to do their work.

Often, they accept bribes to even do their task.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Tetrahedron: 5:34am On Sep 26, 2021
Vulturebbqgrils do you have the zoo passport or not? Tell the truth!
your darling daddy’s immigration no deem it fit to issue you one after all your zombism!

12 Likes

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by calculator123(m): 5:34am On Sep 26, 2021
Good move but will be it be consistent?

Na Naija we set. This wan na IGG

1 Like

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Indigenous People of ODUDUWA wish our indefatigable Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Happy birthday. You shall conquer the terrorist Government of Nigeria.
ODUDUWA REPUBLIC NOW/BIAFRA NOW

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by free2ryhme: 5:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by IamDavid(m): 5:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Other states nko? Some of us have been waiting for months, na like dis we go dey?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by free2ryhme: 5:38am On Sep 26, 2021
myami:

https://www.thecable.ng/immigration-cg-orders-clearance-of-passport-backlogs-at-ikoyi-office-within-one-week

This is not the first time immigration CG is giving such order and it won't be the last

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by raphy(m): 5:42am On Sep 26, 2021
Make I do japa from this shit hole before another wahala go come.

Happy Sunday to all of you good morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by gambia(m): 5:44am On Sep 26, 2021
Initial gragra, the only language they understand is bribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by 9jayes: 5:45am On Sep 26, 2021
Nice one, getting passport in Nigeria is tougher than getting USA visa, nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by bencarson007(m): 5:45am On Sep 26, 2021
This is medicine after death... Why give this order now after that investigative journalist David Hudenyin finished them on twitter... How can data as sensitive as people's passport data be placed in the hands of a convicted drug baron and then a viable black market created for the Nigerian passport by the fulanis in power at the Ikoyi passport office...

Make the CG shut up... The mata don dey heat up , Oga wan cover up... Na lie... All of una must be exposed. Rubbish

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Mikelarteta(m): 5:47am On Sep 26, 2021
Not just to order, have you put things in place to allow for quick production?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by NEROSKY(m): 5:47am On Sep 26, 2021
Another rubbish
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by OG1BABY(f): 5:54am On Sep 26, 2021
Okay
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by arsenic33(m): 5:54am On Sep 26, 2021
It's not the first and it won't be the last time to give such order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Bigchristo: 5:55am On Sep 26, 2021
AntiChristian:
I don't know why some (or most) civil servants are lazy to do their work.

Often, they accept bribes to even do their task.
Thats the current trend, every office are being used to extort

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by superCleanworks(m): 6:03am On Sep 26, 2021
Shame. We need a TASK FORCE just to give people their passport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Kexman99: 6:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Weekend vibes
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Nikeruka(m): 6:04am On Sep 26, 2021
It is like every civil servant wants you to drop something before performing their duty

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 26, 2021
Nigerian passport now takes over 2 months to process, those officials will take money and tell you it will be express abd still disappoint you. This country eh, I don’t know how anyone will be happy with a country that has nothing working in “it”. So frustrating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by directoroluwole: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Survivingnaija:
Nigerian passport now takes over 2 months to process, those officials will take money and tell you it will be express abd still disappoint you. This country eh, I don’t know how anyone will be happy with a country that has nothing working in “it”. So frustrating.

I'm a new YouTuber please Subscribe to my channel to support me ����

https://youtube.com/shorts/47CYqh8qBsc?feature=share
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by directoroluwole: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Nikeruka:
It is like every civil servant wants you to drop something before performing their duty

I'm a new YouTuber please Subscribe to my channel to support me ����

https://youtube.com/shorts/47CYqh8qBsc?feature=share
Re: Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office by Nikeruka(m): 6:10am On Sep 26, 2021
Survivingnaija:
Bro, so those who say it will be processed in two weeks will still disappoint? I met two of them last week óoo. One asked me to pay 50k while the one said 65k, with both of them saying it will be out in 2weeks.
I spoke to another one who told it that it would take 2-3 months and it won't cost anything less than 30k

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Aliero Loses In Court, Haruna Saidu Dandio Declared PDP Candidate / Email Conversation With Sanusi On Fuel Subsidy Removal / EFCC: N2.8b Cash For Ex-militants’ Stipends Withdrawn 35 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.