Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) (35765 Views)

All Dogs Go To Heaven: How Belief In Pet Afterlife Has Risen Over The Last 150Yr / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Man Poses With His Pets, A Python And Scorpions In Borno State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by HolinessForever: 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
SWEET TREAT; A VET has shared the tear-jerking way she says goodbye to pets who are about to "go to heaven".

The expert - who works at a practice in the US - said there's always a special sweet treat for dogs at the end of their lives.

And it's a delicacy the animals are normally banned from eating as it can make them very poorly.

Dr Nicole Namie, who works at the Smiths Station Animal Hospital in Alabama, posted a photo of Hershey's Kisses on Facebook.

The little chocolates, which are popular in the US, are kept in a jar with 'goodbye kisses' written on the front.

Dr Namie's caption read: “This jar is reserved for our euthanasia appointments… because no dog should go to heaven without tasting chocolate."

The post has since been shared thousands of times by animal lovers around the world.

Many said they'd been moved to tears by the gesture.

Dr Namie told website WFXR: “We try to provide as much comfort as possible during a terribly difficult and emotional time.

"My staff has always kept little snacks and candy bars tucked away specifically for those appointments.

"Typically, these are treats that I wouldn’t recommend giving to my patients, but in their final moments, I think it’s important to offer them something special.

“It isn’t a service that clients expect or anticipate, but they really seem to appreciate.

"They seem to find comfort in knowing their pets are going to heaven with a full belly and love in their hearts.”

Pet owners have shared their own stories of putting beloved animals down on the post.

TEAR-JERKER
One man wrote: "I’ve had lots of dogs in my 67 years.

"Whenever we know it’s time, I make pancakes. All they will eat.

"I cut them up and feed them like their royalty. I hope they’re all waiting for me."

Another wrote: "Just helped my boy cross the bridge.

"We gave him lots of chocolate right before. He was so happy."

Staff at the practice also set up an outside picnic if the weather is nice.

'THEY'RE FAMILY'
Dr Namie said: “Our clients and patients are like family.

"So when we lose a patient, we really take it to heart as if we’re losing one of our own.

"We recognise that they’re saying goodbye to a member of their family; in some cases, a family member that has been around longer than a decade.

"It’s a pet that their kids have grown up with and they’ve made a decade of memories with.

"Electing to euthanise a pet is an incredibly vulnerable time.

"In many cases, it’s the first time kids have had to say goodbye to someone they’ve loved.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16240830/kind-vet-pets-parting-gift-heaven/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Totilopussylick(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
Pet Dogs best man's friend.

33 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by MarveworldG: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
This is lovely. and they went to 'heaven'?
Dogs deserve heaven for what they do for us

24 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
That's some touching stories.

Whether animals go to Heaven at Death, I don't know and I can't say. When we get to Heaven , we will know better.

As for we Humans, the Greatest Gift we can give to ourselves or anyone else is the Gift of a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ. Nothing else Matters.

The Joy of Departing with JESUS Christ cannot be overemphasized. It is Into Joy, Glory, Laughter and Rejoicing. But Departing without JESUS is Unlimited and Unquantifiable tears, Pains , Wailing and regrets .

Make your Choice.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Freestainworld(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
Who will give the one in ASO Rock the good bye kiss

38 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by AFULA(m): 12:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Okay
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2021
I wonder if Ekuke

Do go to heaven also

after all the street shit wey dem don chop

13 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by FVckbubuDcow: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2021
Africa is still living in the 16th century.

Meanwhile, malami is the true definition of stupidity.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by AMAUCHESKY(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
My wife ooo
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by okooloyun1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Calabar girl parting gift grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Alternate headline: Vet gives dogs chocolate before killing them.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Emmypure: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
And who washed this one's into believing that if something die that it will go to heaven?

Haha haha haha oyibo and foolishness

4 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nigerians wey get mind for back Wetin concern us?

1 Like

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by backtalkG(m): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
Sugar candy mountain obviously
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by aikyg(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
Man's best friend.
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by WibusJaga: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2021

Na who chop belleful de do these ones.

1 Like

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by DropsMic(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Whether animals go to Heaven at Death, I don't know and I can't say. When we get to Heaven , we will know better.

As for we Humans, the Greatest Gift we can give to ourselves or anyone else is the Gift of a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ. Nothing else Matters.

The Joy of Departing with JESUS Christ cannot be overemphasized. It is Into Joy, Glory, Laughter and Rejoicing. But Departing without JESUS is Unlimited and Unquantifiable tears, Pains , Wailing and regrets .

Make your Choice.

The Greatest Gift we can give to ourselves or anyone else is the Gift of Genuine love..

The whites understands this and that's why their society is unlike ours.. The logs fell off their eyes a very long time ago and when it did, they saw that to go forward they only needed to believe more in themselves than in a God.

The Blacks on the other are a bunch of Anthropoids who would rather believe in a God that they can't and will never see than believe in people that they can see....

5 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by sonofanarchy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
shocked

Twist of life, animals are better valuable than fellow human...
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by czarr(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
A dog life outside is more valued than the life of the average nigerian.
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by BigDawsNet: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
cheesy Dog life marra

1 Like

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Lagosianswag: 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN cry

3 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by olatade(m): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hisssssssss

1 Like

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
If human beings are about to die in Nigerian hospitals; nurses will even be cracking jokes about his wrinkled balls

4 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by chidonweb(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Every life is precious

1 Like

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by akinmusi(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
In Nigeria here, people go chop the chocolate and chop dog join

2 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by kilisi(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Make your Choice.

The dog is going the same place humans go after death.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-22.

2 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by UTILITYMAY(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Iranu

2 Likes

Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by dinocy(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Emotional
Re: Kind-hearted Vet Gives Pets Parting Gift Before They ‘go To Heaven’ ( Pics) by Kalubolt(m): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

When is Jesus coming back, cus it has been over 100yrs we have been hearing Jesus is coming soon. The soon no dey reach?

Make your Choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Family Celebrates Their Dog's 1st Birthday (Photos, Video) / 5 Largest Dog Breeds In Nigeria / Monkey Dressed Up As A Little Girl To Collect Money From Passerby (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.