Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,860 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 AM

To Report To The Police Or Buy A New Phone. Please Advise. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / To Report To The Police Or Buy A New Phone. Please Advise. (1667 Views)

If A Police Or Army Officer Slaps You, Do This / How To Report To Nigerian Army, Cases Of Misbehavior, Abuse By Military Officers / Lagos Police Refuses To Issue Report To Man Who Narrowly Escaped Being Killed By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Report To The Police Or Buy A New Phone. Please Advise. by COdeGenesis: 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

My friend got a phone last month from Easybuy, a company that offers a loan service to offset the cost of purchasing a phone. Lastweek, he entered one chance and his new phone was collected at gun point. He was beaten mercilessly and thrown out of the speeding taxi.

He went to the police to report the incident and see if there's a possibility of tracking the stolen phone. The police told him to bring N50,000 cash to track a phone he got for N48,000. He is confused on what to do.

I was thinking if we have a startup company that collaborates with the telecommunication companies, NCC, judiciary and Police to offer these kind of services at a cheaper and affordable rate? Just give them your IMEI number, show them proof of purchase and some sort of clearance from the police then the company can provide you details of the SIM card that is on the phone and location it was last found and if possible the details of the person since they have a database.
Re: To Report To The Police Or Buy A New Phone. Please Advise. by Cyphar(m): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Imagine paying 50k for a phone of 48k.

Police why na?

He should just pay up the debt, move on and get a new phone.

I foresee a protest against police starting anytime from now. sad
Re: To Report To The Police Or Buy A New Phone. Please Advise. by oteneaaron(m): 4:36am On Sep 26, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Dear Nairalanders,

My friend got a phone last month from Easybuy, a company that offers a loan service to offset the cost of purchasing a phone. Lastweek, he entered one chance and his new phone was collected at gun point. He was beaten mercilessly and thrown out of the speeding taxi.

He went to the police to report the incident and see if there's a possibility of tracking the stolen phone. The police told him to bring N50,000 cash to track a phone he got for N48,000. He is confused on what to do.

I was thinking if we have a startup company that collaborates with the telecommunication companies, NCC, judiciary and Police to offer these kind of services at a cheaper and affordable rate? Just give them your IMEI number, show them proof of purchase and some sort of clearance from the police then the company can provide you details of the SIM card that is on the phone and location it was last found and if possible the details of the person since they have a database.

The Idea of the startup sounds wonderful.

You shouldn't sleep on this.

Start working on this idea NOW.
Re: To Report To The Police Or Buy A New Phone. Please Advise. by inioluwatujuka4: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
sad

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Track Whatsapp Conversation? / Woman Brutally Murdered For Refusing To Convert To Islam / Ndlea Arrests Fela’s Wife, Two Others Over Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.