Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) (2383 Views)

Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers / Checkout The Pose Of President Buhari's Security Personel / Man Ra.pes Lady, Uploads Nude Photos Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Adejoro74: 9:45pm On May 27, 2011
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by omanzo02: 9:52pm On May 27, 2011
Maybe that was a part of the examination he was thought to carryout on patient  grin grin grin grin Another medical DSK lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 27, 2011
COLUMBUS, Ohio — An employee at Mount Carmel East Hospital is being investigated after a patient claimed that he violated her during a medical exam there last month, 10TV's Kevin Landers reported on Thursday.

The alleged victim said the exam occurred on March 9.  Nine days later, she contacted police and said the person who administered the exam forced womanly intercourse upon her, Landers reported.

According to the warrant, 12 days after filing a report with police, the woman provided investigators with underwear that she said she was wearing when the alleged assault occurred.  Semen was present on the undergarment, the warrant said.

The hospital employee declined to discuss the case on Thursday, but his wife denied the allegations when 10TV went to couple's Galloway home seeking comment.

She said her husband has worked at Mount Carmel East as a contractual imaging technician for six years and never had a complaint filed against him.  She also said that police came to their home on Wednesday and took a DNA sample from her husband, Landers reported.

The technician has been told not to return to work until the investigation is complete, his wife said.

The alleged victim's son told 10TV News on Thursday that his mother did not want to speak about the case, citing the advice of her attorney.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/04/22/story-columbus-mount-carmel-east-hospital-violation-allegations.html

---

Adultery and violation are two different things lol. We'll see how well these allegations stick. I definitely have my doubts considering they won't mention how handicapped the woman is or from what she's suffering.
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by ezeagu(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2011
Black man and rape. undecided Not to sound stupid, but with America's history, how many stories do we trust just from newspapers?
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 27, 2011
Oba despoils corper

Farmer despoils mad woman.

Paramedics despoils patient.

What's it with the sexual addiction these days? shocked
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On May 27, 2011
Oh gosh . . . that is sad and depraved.!
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by texazzpete(m): 5:17am On May 28, 2011
Good grief, people! The key word is 'alleged'. He hasn't been found guilty, preliminary DNA match has yet to be confirmed on the semen. Why the haste to condemn him now?
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by texazzpete(m): 5:20am On May 28, 2011
EDIT: my bad. Heard the DNA matches the semen on the underwear.

His ass is grass grin
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Nobody: 6:01am On May 28, 2011
but why did it take the 'victim' so long to report?
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Kobojunkie: 6:10am On May 28, 2011
oyb:

but why did it take the 'victim' so long to report? 

Are you serious? You are asking why it took a ra-pe victim 9 days to muster up courage to go report violation? undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by zstranger: 6:18am On May 28, 2011
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A woman who claims that she was violated by a hospital employee said on Friday that the medical center failed to investigate her claims.
The woman, whom 10TV News is not identifying, said that the hospital failed to investigate and allowed her alleged attacker to continue working.

The 53-year-old [size=18pt]handicapped [/size]woman told police that she was violated during an exam at Mount Carmel East Hospital in March.

Abayomi Shobo is charged with one count of violation is being held in the Franklin County Jail, 10TV's Kevin Landers reported.

Police said that during the investigation, a swab of Shobo's DNA was matched DNA found on the woman's underwear.

Shobo, 40, worked as an imaging technologist. The hospital described him as a "casual employee," saying he was not full time, but someone hired on an as-needed basis, Landers reported.

"I called the hospital I let them know what happened and I explained my mom is sick, she's handicapped, she's alone. Call me, contact me, and I gave them my number," said the woman's son, whom 10TV News is not naming in order to protect the alleged victim.

The woman's son said when he called the hospital to get an update on its internal investigation; he never imagined the response he received.

"She said, 'We did our own investigation and we found nothing to substantiate your claim,'" the man said. "My mother (said), 'How did you investigate because nobody has called me to find out anything and I've already turned over my underwear to the police and they haven't even got the report yet?'"

Mount Carmel issued a written statement that said, "We have taken this allegation very seriously.  When we were notified 10 days after the alleged incident, we immediately placed the employee (now a former employee) on administrative leave during our internal investigation."

10TV News obtained copies of Shobo's work history from The Ohio State University Medical Center, where he worked prior to Mount Carmel. It showed he was dismissed because of "conduct unbecoming" involving a patient and staff b[b]ut it was not sexual in nature[/b].

Shobo denied 10TV's interview requests.

I have feeling this guy would be acquitted eventually!

Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Nobody: 6:20am On May 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:
Are you serious? You are asking why it took a ra-pe victim 9 days to muster up courage to go report violation? undecided undecided

Yes. To add my own, I'm also wondering why it took her another 12 days to surrender evidence. I've never heard of anyone holding onto the undergarments they wore when they were violated for so long, even after a report was filed.

Trust me, the guy is foolish for getting himself into such a predicament, but think of both sides. A defense attorney will shred her when she testifies for taking time to report the incident, and then taking even longer to give evidence.
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Mynd44: 6:27am On May 28, 2011
She held on to the undergarments for 12 days sorry guys but does all this talk of undergarments remind you of a certain American President?
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by zstranger: 6:32am On May 28, 2011
It looks eerily similar to this:

Providence nursing home employee charged with rape
9:53 AM Fri, Jun 19, 2009 | Permalink
Kate Bramson    Email
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The Providence police have charged an attendant who works at the Charlesgate Nursing Center at 100 Randall St. with two counts of first-degree sexual assault of a patient who lives at the nursing home.

Josiah A. Olowoporoku, 46, of 21 Irving Court in Pawtucket, will be arraigned by a justice of the peace at police headquarters on Friday, according to Maj. Thomas F. Oates III. Because of the nature of the charges, he will be held without bail at the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston until a bail hearing in 10 days, Oates said.

The police were alerted late Thursday morning, Oates said, when the director of the nursing home called to report that the patient told her that day that she had been raped on Tuesday evening.

The 56-year-old patient has a medical condition that has incapacitated her, Oates said. She was taken by a rescue crew Thursday to Women and Infants Hospital for an examination.

Police investigators Theodore Michaels and Christopher Rotella conducted the investigation, Oates said. The patient was able to identify the man who assaulted her as an attendant who works at the nursing home. O[b]lowoporoku was then arrested at the nursing home on Thursday[/b], Oates said.

Oates said the nursing home has done everything it should have done in reporting the incident to the police and to the state. The police are investigating the rape as an isolated incident, Oates said

http://newsblog.projo.com/2009/06/providence-nurs-1.html

And then:

Nursing ass't speaks after acquittal
Man found not guilty of raping patient

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - Josiah Olowoporoku, a nursing assistant who spent more than a year behind bars while awaiting trial on charges he raped a patient, is speaking out for the first time after this week's acquittal by a jury.

Olowoporoku, 48, has always maintained his innocence.

"It was very, very painful," Olowoporoku said about the accusations. "But I thank God that the truth prevailed."

Olowoporoku had been a nursing assistant at Charlesgate Nursing Center for four years when the accusations were made.

"It was unbelievable," he said. "Somebody you're trying to help, now turn around and accused you of what you don't even expect."

Defense lawyers say surveillance video from a camera in the hallway outside the accuser's room played a key role in the trial.

"He was only in there a period of around five minutes at one consecutive time," John Coughlin explained. "People were walking by the room constantly. Two CNAs actually walked into the room during the time he was there."

The family of the accuser, who are unhappy with the verdict, tell Eyewitness News they plan to file a civil lawsuit.

"I was adamantly upset about this not guilty verdict," Lou Massemini, the son of the accuser, said. "I have been taking care of my mother for 15 years and I know she was raped."

Massemini's mother, who suffers from Huntington's Disease and Dementia, has since been relocated to another facility.

Olowoporoku, who spent more than a year in prison while being held without bail, says he hopes to put this behind him.

"I feel very happy to be a free man, because freedom is priceless," Olowoporoku said

Prior to these allegations, Olowoporoku had an impeccable record.

He tells Eyewitness News he enjoyed his job, but is no longer sure he wants to work as a nursing assistant again.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/providence/wpri-providence-josiah-olowoporoku-found-not-guilty-of-charlesgate-patient-rape

Theses cases look similar.

In both situation, the DNA found in the "victim's" undergarment matched the perpetrator's

Something isnt right

I smell something fishy

White people trying to do their thing

Money is the root of all evil

Thats why I hate working with White people, crazy mofos
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Nobody: 6:36am On May 28, 2011
It's a shame. Innocent or guilty, his name is forever tarnished because someone tried to get quick cash.
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by zstranger: 6:41am On May 28, 2011
ogugua88:

It's a shame. Innocent or guilty, his name is forever tarnished because someone tried to get quick cash.

I know.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is all about making quick money. Nothing more, nothing less.

How can you r/a/p/e someone inside an hospital, especially in areas patients frequent, without calling attention to yourself.

Just unfortunate. Hopefully, he gets a good lawyer and fights the case

I wouldnt mind mind contributing to his defense fund.

Hmm, a big eye opener for the rest of us.
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by WilyWily12: 7:24am On May 28, 2011
What is wrong with Yorubamen,
If they are not raping minors, they are on top of their daughter screwing her. Haba, why are Yorubamen so Silly.
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by OmoTier1(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2011
why won't DNA match samples taken off the dude when it was obvious that the dude carried out EXAMINATION on the woman.

More so, is the hospital/nursing home so sound proof that nobody would hear of sexual intercourse taking place?

Why did the old woman not report to the authorities immediately?

Why was evidence kept for nearly two weeks before same been provided by the accusers?

The rate at which medical personel are been 'abused' by those they seek to care for is alarming.

Reminds me of a case here in the UK when a young working girl who went out on a friday night got drunk, was raped on the street, called emergency who turned up to help her regain her dignity only for her to turn around claiming the medics raped her. Of course the case got lots of press attention when it all started but when the verdict came out, very few reported it. The girl was found out to be a pathetic liar, who wanted to make quick money from an invention of facts!

Now this story brings to mind the comments about rape and rape victims made by UK Justice secretary only last week for which many tried to criticize him as inappropraite.
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

if it was nigeria, yes, reporting is a complete waste of time

but in the west people take rape seriously, so i have to wonder why
Re: Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) by WilyWily12: 10:12am On May 31, 2011
Yorubamen are Rapist

(1) (Reply)

Opinion - The Destruction Of Northern Nigeria By Simon Kolawole / Okorocha:Abandoned Projects Stalled The Presentation of 2014 Budget in Imo State / Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Army Captain, Eight Months After His Wedding (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.