Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,304 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:05 PM

The Healing Power Of An Apology - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Healing Power Of An Apology (2880 Views)

The Spiritual Power Of Sea Salt / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 2:39am On Sep 26, 2021
THE POWER OF AN APOLOGY

Jas.5.16 - Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.......

Notice it didn't say 'Sin' rather it says 'faults'. You confess your sins to God because he alone can forgive sin, but in your relationship with others, you can offend them and be at fault.

And whenever your at fault, and you realize it or you were told so, you should learn to apologize. Never underestimate the power of an apology and forgiveness.

Now not apologizing when wrong is a sign of pride, It corrupts your heart and this can be destructive it can give Satan an entrance into your life. Always apologize when you offend someone because you never know the extent of hurt you caused them

Thats why it says pray for one another that you may healed because when someone forgives you, the person let's go and wishes you good luck.

So learn how to apologize to friends, family, colleagues, your boss, your subordinates etc. When wrong there is power in an apology.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by arsenic33(m): 5:42am On Sep 26, 2021
The efficacy of "I am sorry" cannot be over emphasized

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by raphy(m): 5:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Yes so true but some ppl cnt say it

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by sisisioge: 6:14am On Sep 26, 2021
raphy:
Yes so true but some ppl cnt say it

Some very socially incorrect people. They will then carry the guilt for a long time and try to say it in so many other ways years after. By then,the hurtee has moved on and forgotten it happened. It's a lot simpler to just say "I'm sorry" fa.

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Richy4(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2021

Sometimes sorry is Just not enough smiley...Bad comments for example is like a toothpaste, when it comes out, u can't just take it back... Trying to put the paste back makes it messy...

Try not to offend someone if U can, instead of constant, meaningless and unnecessary I'm sorry..

3 Likes

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by HiideaConsole(m): 7:31am On Sep 26, 2021
An apology doesn't take the hurt away but it definitely gives the relationship a second chance...

I don't know why people find it hard to apologise to save the bigger picture, the relationship rather than their ego

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by JovialJune(f): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
This apology thing is a deceit, it has no power anything, I notice that people say it frequently these days not cos they mean it, they just want the hurt, problem, or whatever they caused to be forgotten at that moment, this doesn't mean they won't repeat same wrong again thereby taking one for a fool, so lately I have refused to accept that deceitful words, instead one's actions going forward in changing the wrong is what I have decided to forgive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Cuttycool(f): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
You are right
JovialJune:
This apology thing is a deceit, it has no power anything, I notice that people say it frequently these days not cos they mean it, they just want the hurt, problem, or whatever they caused to be forgotten at that moment, this doesn't mean they won't repeat same wrong again thereby taking one for a fool, so lately I have refused to accept that deceitful words, instead one's actions going forward in changing the wrong is what I have decided to forgive.

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Vision101(m): 4:17am On Sep 27, 2021
@JovialJune

@me
So if I mistakenly slap you, I should not bother to apologize. grin

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 5:07am On Sep 27, 2021
JovialJune:
tell me you have never expected an apology from an offender. Yes some people will want to take advantage. In such cases you would have to avoid them especially when they continuously hurt you.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Klass99(f): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
smiley
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by JovialJune(f): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Vision101:

Is that the only way apology can be used? Surely you are more educated than this.

5 Likes

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Vision101:
@JovialJune

@me
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
Klass99:

Show me you are sorry and don't tell me. I am sorry and I love you, are the most overused and abused phrases in this life, there are more creative and powerful ways to sincerely apologize, than saying I am sorry.

If you did something to offend me and a few days later you sent me a text message saying I didn't mean it that way, please can you let it go OR it's day 3 of not talking and I miss you[/b]I will be more inclined to drop the issue, than if you just said I am sorry.

The act of texting and using your own words to communicate your regret, rather than using a worn out phrase would win me over a lot quicker. Sometimes, all it takes is......[b].I was wrong and you were right, can we bury the hatchet?
well, different strokes for different folks. But from what you're writting, am beginning to understand that an apology can be given verbally and none verbally. But even if you chose the latter, it won't be complete without the former. There are times verbal apology wouldn't be enough, there has to be corresponding actions.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Klass99(f): 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Magnoliaa(f): 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Who cares? I thrash hearts and stomp on egos and walk away feeling like I just stepped out of a glossy magazine.

You either keep feeling hurt or suck it up, and hop on my tribe's train, conforming yourself to my standards. No time (to check time).

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Klass99:

Yeah, an apology can be verbal and non-verbal WITHOUT the over-used words I am sorry.

Actions speak louder than words, most times. It's better to show than tell, depending on your audience (i.e. the individual involved)

Some people want to hear the words, but those words mean absolutely nothing to me - what you do is what counts.
ok.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Who cares? I thrash hearts and stomp on egos and walk away feeling like I just stepped out of a glossy magazine.

You either keep feeling hurt or suck it up, and hop on my tribe's train, conforming yourself to my standards. No time (to check time).
you know in life you do unto others what you want others to do unto you. You treat others the way you want to be treated. So stop trashing hearts and stomping on other people's ego.

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by HiideaConsole(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Awnn

I understand you dear, you're not alone
I have a friend like this... Anything short of this is not probably acceptable. But you have to understand that we're different and the way we express ourselves is different...

This also gets to the way we apologise and accept apologies

I learnt this from the five languages of apology (although I'm still reading the book)

It's a good book, I recommend it for you. You'd get to understand other people's perspective and how you can live in peace with people who don't speak the same apology language with you

Peace
Klass99:

Show me you are sorry and don't tell me. I am sorry and I love you, are the most overused and abused phrases in this life. There are more creative and powerful ways to sincerely apologize, than saying I am sorry.

If you did something to offend me and a few days later you sent me a text message saying I didn't mean it that way, please can you let it go OR it's day 3 of not talking and I miss you I will be more inclined to drop the issue, than if you just said I am sorry.

The act of texting and using your own words to communicate your regret, rather than using a worn out phrase would win me over a lot quicker. Sometimes, all it takes is .I was wrong and you were right, can we bury the hatchet?
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
HiideaConsole:
Awnn

I understand you dear, you're not alone
I have a friend like this... Anything short of this is not probably acceptable. But you have to understand that we're different and the way we express ourselves is different...

This also gets to the way we apologise and accept apologies

I learnt this from the five languages of apology (although I'm still reading the book)

It's a good book, I recommend it for you. You'd get to understand other people's perspective and how you can live in peace with people who don't speak the same apology language with you

Peace
5 languages of apology? Wow

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by HiideaConsole(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
Dangerousboy:
5 languages of apology? Wow

Yeah

It was written by Gary Chapman and another person I can't remember

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
HiideaConsole:

Yeah

It was written by Gary Chapman and another person I can't remember
oh, I only read the 5 love languages, never knew he wrote a book on such.

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by HiideaConsole(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oh yeah

I read that book too and the single's version of it

It's a great book

And yes he wrote a book on it with another person as co-author
Dangerousboy:
oh, I only read the 5 love languages, never knew he wrote a book on such.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
HiideaConsole:
Oh yeah

I read that book too and the single's version of it

It's a great book

And yes he wrote a book on it with another person as co-author
all right, I will download it from pdfdrive, I think they should have it. But that guy is a relationship expert Sha.

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by HiideaConsole(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
As in!

The guy is good!

He saw that the issue of apology was a kinda big issue and he capitalized on it

But then his writing so far to the point I've read is so relevant!

Infact, I began analysing my neighbours, lol
Dangerousboy:
all right, I will download it from pdfdrive, I think they should have it. But that guy is a relationship expert Sha.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
HiideaConsole:
As in!

The guy is good!

He saw that the issue of apology was a kinda big issue and he capitalized on it

But then his writing so far to the point I've read is so relevant!

Infact, I began analysing my neighbours, lol
grin grin grin grin grin hope you didn't tell them your analysis if not they will think your a weirdo.
Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by HiideaConsole(m): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
Dangerousboy:
grin grin grin grin grin hope you didn't tell them your analysis if not they will think your a weirdo.

Lmao

At all cheesy cheesy cheesy

But then, I just realized that we are different

And the book kind of made me a little bit more humble cos it takes humility to apologise and not just that alone, to apologise in the way the other person sees an ideal apology

grin

It's hard fa!

Saying 'sorry' and 'I'm sorry, I take responsibility' are two different things o. Lmao

But it's worth it

1 Like

Re: The Healing Power Of An Apology by Dangerousboy(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
HiideaConsole:

Lmao

At all cheesy cheesy cheesy

But then, I just realized that we are different

And the book kind of made me a little bit more humble cos it takes humility to apologise and not just that alone, to apologise in the way the other person sees an ideal apology

grin

It's hard fa!

Saying 'sorry' and 'I'm sorry, I take responsibility' are two different things o. Lmao

But it's worth it
that's true

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard / Free Xmas Bonanza For Both Mtn & Glo Users / Inlaws Spending (wasting) Money On Lavish Vacations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.