Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank (22270 Views)

Excessive Charges From Union Bank / How I Recieved An Instant Loan Of Over N1m Without Going To The Bank / CBN Reviews POS Charges From 0.2% To 0.75%!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by MMXX: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
Business men and women out there, I'd really like to know how you people cope with this much charges from banks.

I went out since morning to hustle only for me to come back with more shortage than I even left the house with,not a single profit for my struggle..I checked and boom bank charge crushed me.i never get this much ever

e pain me sha cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by budaatum: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
I'd realise I'm not chained to the bank and go find one that charges less.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Aizenosa(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Just go to bank and deactivate your sms alert and instead get the mobile app that one na sure banker.

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Sonnobax15(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
Honestly, between eco bank and Osusu daily collector,I no just know which one better pass right now undecided. To check account balance,eco bank go tax person undecided. Even common to go withdraw the last 5h wey guyman still manage get for him account via pos, eco bank go still double-tax me....I just tire undecided

Kukuma cha,I don already dey use my ATM card dey do ruler for bakery lipsrsealed

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by MMXX: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Honestly, between eco bank and Osusu daily collector,I no just know which one better pass right now undecided. To check account balance,eco bank go tax person undecided. Even common to go withdraw the last 5h wey guyman still manage get for him account via pos, eco bank go still double-tax me....I just tire undecided

Kukuma cha,I don already dey use my ATM card dey do ruler for bakerylipsrsealed
lol I can't fit laugh jare,I no just happy at all

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by MMXX: 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
I've never been charged this much before reason why I'm surprised n pained
maybe those in the banking system can help clarify here
Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by MMXX: 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
Aizenosa:
Just go to bank and deactivate your sms alert and instead get the mobile app that one na sure banker.
This UBA app is never reliable, sometimes it won't open or login no matter how much u try

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 27, 2021
Not bad to be fair
We experience worse so long as it’s been used for numerous transactions on a daily basis

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by tempest01(m): 2:07am On Sep 27, 2021
The docile Nigerians are keeping quiet. Sms charge, stamp duty, electronic transfer charges for each transfer.

If you add up all these charges in a year, it is more than what people in working countries are paying as taxes compared to their earnings.

But these people are still looking to get more money from Nigerians with nothing to show.

After taking monies illegally from our banks, they now wrote it into law with their rubber stamp Senate and you people are sitting back.

We are watching, at the end they will sign laws and take a chunk of monies from your accounts.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by UncleSnr(m): 2:08am On Sep 27, 2021
Change Bank.
Turn off SMS notification.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by GloShare(m): 2:12am On Sep 27, 2021
I dont see a problem. You should be happy you're able to complete that many transactions without issues.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by MajorOvakporaye(f): 2:15am On Sep 27, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Kukuma cha,I don already dey use my ATM card dey do ruler for bakery lipsrsealed

This guy sef. Na which day you go use bread do giveaway for Nairaland? Make we still flex those hot loaves of bread wey you dey make for bakery

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Lighthouseman: 2:16am On Sep 27, 2021
Seems you sril use ussd codes for most of your transactions.
The charges are mmad, vat, SMS, card maintenance, Hidden charges and further hidden charges.
I also got vat on SMS charges. It's crazy.
Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by flyingfvck: 2:19am On Sep 27, 2021
TBH, the level of extortion by banks, mtn, Landlords, Employers of labour, PHCN, et c., is inhumane.

Yet, an average Nigerian has programmed him/herself to 'cope' by suffering and smiling, including the schooled folks like us. We would rather channel our energy towards something more 'productive' instead of calling them to order by whatever available means.

Sadly, the trend would continue until we accidentally have leaders that have empathy, which may not happen anytime soon.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Justinlean02(m): 2:19am On Sep 27, 2021
It's terrible, and I regretted ever returning back to recharging from my mobile app, 2days my airtime never show and these fools get mind charge me for EMT levy, wetin happen shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by cooooooks(m): 2:20am On Sep 27, 2021
Check the kind of account you have.

Perhaps you are using a Savings account like a business account.

You may need to open a business chequing account.

MMXX:
Business men and women out there, I'd really like to know how you people cope with this much charges from banks.

I went out since morning to hustle only for me to come back with more shortage than I even left the house with,not a single profit for my struggle..I checked and boom bank charge crushed me.i never get this much ever

e pain me sha cry

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Yungzeal(m): 2:25am On Sep 27, 2021
You are not the only one facing this problem. I received charges of more that 1000 on sms charges for only one month. That’s almost more than the amount of money i spend on calls a month. You can’t keep money in your account anymore, you come back and banks have removed some of it. Last month thesame thing. Everyone is just quite about this mess

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by emmy512: 2:35am On Sep 27, 2021
FCMB the worst.
Made it my savings account and the money inside always reduce no increase.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by speaktome(m): 2:45am On Sep 27, 2021
Account maintenance fee...

What are they maintening...

What type of oil and oil filter are they changing in my account per month...

I Taya for Nigerian Banks

#MySignature
#MyBusiness

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by iLegendd(m): 2:55am On Sep 27, 2021
I handle it by making my money in Dollar and keeping them in Dollars/Pounds and in Crypto.

When I want to use money, I withdraw from Dollar to Kuda, Barter, Piggyvest, etc. Barter is free to send money.

If the money is sent to my local bank like UBA or GTB, I don't get text message alert, but email. Email alert is free, but SMS isn't. I have MB 24/7, so no need for SMS alert.

If you're talking about all these exorbitant duty charges, na una wey dey keep money for Naira I pity.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Zaheertyler(m): 3:04am On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=MMXX post=106197047]Business men and women out there, I'd really like to know how you people cope with this much charges from banks.

e pain me sha cry[/
Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Flytime: 3:08am On Sep 27, 2021
speaktome:
Account maintenance fee...

What are they maintening...

What type of oil and oil filter are they changing in my account per month...

I Taya for Nigerian Banks

#MySignature
#MyBusiness
no tell me say na 45k dem Dey remove from your account per month
shocked

Imagine waking up to that kind of alert ..from 50k in your account to 4k last card with the situation of things in this country

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by lonelydora: 3:14am On Sep 27, 2021
There is nothing we can do, my brother. It's pathetic

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by whela(m): 3:17am On Sep 27, 2021
Only a crypto trader can this much charges monthly. .. sms charges is #4/sns alert.... so b4 you get to 4000+ you must ve gotten 1000sms within that period..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by pickatyoubackup: 3:19am On Sep 27, 2021
Use Kuda bank brother

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by seunlayi(m): 3:24am On Sep 27, 2021
Always using Kuda, opay, palmpay, etc for my pretty transactions

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by Crossroad1(m): 3:24am On Sep 27, 2021
Was running pos business some years back and was using both first bank and Gtbank..
First bank-current acc
Gtb-savings acc

Sometimes, depends on monthly transactions. First bank deduct 7k as acc maintenance fee and on each Transaction above 10k,50 naira bank charges..
I still get sms charges in thousands too monthly..

Gtbank gives me 4-6k sms charges and and still get 50 naira stamp duties..

These banks are just armed robbers in disguise.. They add no value to you and still milk you dry

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:25am On Sep 27, 2021
HOW MUCH DID YOU WITHDRAW BRO ?
Re: How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank by AquaPetals(f): 3:28am On Sep 27, 2021
Hmmm. Use Kadu or carbon banks.
Also, try to earn in USDt so that all these Naira charges would be like kobo coins to you wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please / Why Prices Are Still On The Rise Despite Appreciation Of The Naira / World Bank Suspends Isah Kantigi And His Firm For Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.