Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,597 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28340 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 11:46am On Sep 27, 2021
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?

190 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 11:46am On Sep 27, 2021
Lalasticlala, please move this to Frontpage to get more ideas.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Favicon: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2021
Na wa o. Wahala for who no buy lands on instalments

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2021
Favicon:
Na wa o. Wahala for who no buy lands on instalments

Lol, we go eventually get there with time, not everyone was born with a silver spoon, some of us started from the bottom bro but thank God we are making progress.

288 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by YeyeGbami: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2021
You could have spoken to her and hear her own side of the story before you removed the lock.

Did she recently lock the well?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by samuel051: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Never ever live in the house of Suleiman and Suleiwoman..life go tire u tire..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:
You could have spoken to her and hear her own side of the story before you removed the lock.

Did she recently lock the well?

She claims the well isn't too deep and dries up quickly but whenever she wants water, she opens it and fetches. I tire for some people, this devil we are talking about lives inside of some people

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lalasticlala do the needful please
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by chatinent: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Normal normal, I can't live where the landlord stays.

17 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
Na who landlord/lady never show shege dey live with them. God forbid!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by YeyeGbami: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

She claims the well isn't too deep and dries up quickly but whenever she wants water, she opens it and fetches. I tire for some people, this devil we are talking about lives inside of some people

She is being selfish, when she collect money why she no call aboki to dig deeper. Find a better place for your folks.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by lilvicky68(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
When renting an apartment water should be the first thing you should ask about..

You did bad by removing the padlock.. a simple discussion should have been done.. either by contributing to purchase water or managing the available one..

57 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by YeyeGbami: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
SmellySperm:
Na who landlord/lady never show shege dey live with them. God forbid!

Some landlords no get time, i’m staying downstairs from mine and we never had one issue for years.

My landlord the first day we go meet sef, he knocked my door and i asked who be that he said one of the tenants. I opened he said make i move my car so he can go out, if not that the lawyer told me say na my landlord dey up i won’t even know.

Him dey travel out well, probably that is why him no dey get time for long thing.

168 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lalasticlala abeg na
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.
So because you had one bad experience with a particular property and it's landlord, everyone on Nairaland should scatter in fear of landlords for you? undecided

Abeg go sit down...

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nononsenseguy: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So because you had one bad experience with a particular property and it's landlord, everyone on Nairaland should scatter in fear of landlords for you? undecided

Abeg go sit down...

It's like you smoked wetin ur head no fit carry today?
I no get time for right now, u are obviously a selfish and inconsiderate person like the landlady I talked about.
Swerve jare.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Sonnobax15(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
Normally cha, instead of me to stay for compound wey landlord dey control and stay,I rather pack go under bridge lipsrsealed

Especially compound wey landlady dey control,that compound dey get wahala with peace of mind via say she go wor dey control every single tenant.

But na guyman wey no know him right dey form mugu cha..

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by espn(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lol...
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by affable4(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hahahaha. I live in the same compound with my landlord for 5years now, no issues. I play my role, you play yours.

You can only avoid career landlord and landladies, people who make a living from just the rent they collect. Those ones see the property as their business center and are always impatient to see the next rent due date.

With the above in mind, they can frustrate you to want to pack out so they can collect another agent, agreement and caution fees. And maybe, increase rent too.

In fact, career landlord/landladies are a frustrated bunch looking for who to frustrate.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by wunmi590(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021

One of my greatest fear in life is having to live in same compound with either my landlord lady or landlord,

Though I grew up that way, where my family house, we have some tenant, and it has never been a war between lanlord/ tenant, because we all see each other as family and even built stronger relationship...

But now everything has become war between house owner and tenant...

We shall get there

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by gistray: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
Poor people self

Rent a modern house with good water

U want ur mom to use bucket and start fetching water

17 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
WAR, as in TOTAL WAR!!!

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink grin wink smiley

The headline/topic sef na comedy on its own.

We don come back to comment,
Make we fes laff small.

HEHEHEHE grin cheesy wink grin cheesy

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Sundaypaul12345: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
cheesy grin she can't send u packing without giving u at least six months notice

17 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by id4sho(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
sad
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Starseed(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
H
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Kreamie(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Xbdb
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by iamphilips(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
It all depends on attitude and character of the landlord and his tenants... Tenants ain’t saints either. My parents have tenants also and trust me, those guys can give someone high BP. One is still owing 200k from his rent of last year Nov and another November is here already. Whenever you ask, he would say business ain’t going fine so no money. The other day it was the pumping machine that spoilt, everybody locked up... For 2 weeks straight no water, Had to send money for them to get a new one... after splitting the money... some have still not paid their share, claiming that things are hard........ So it’s not always landlord and land lady. Tenants have their own.

75 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by greenie77: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hmm.....declare war? cheesy
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by MARKone(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
You said rent expires next week, which agent and lawyer's fees do you want to collect again? Ask for more time to look for another house for your mom. And I'll advise to look for another house, don't go making trouble, such women are dangerous and since "rent is expiring next week" too.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nice development
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Badgers14: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

My suggestion is, if you can afford it, relocate your folks to a different building hopefully they will feel more relaxed at the new place.

For an angry lady like that, who knows what else she can do? If you are the one that is living in the house and wants to do all this and that ( although my pack out recommendation still stands), but that's a little different but if that's your folks that's another story because you will not always be present to repel an attack be it verbal or physical or whatnor..

People are bad this days..

Also, not all landlords are bad, I have lived in a place with the landlord before, dude don't got time for nobody, just goes about his business.. you greet him fine, you no greet him fine but just make sure you pay your rent. .. if you are struggling with rent, talk to him and he will understand and reason with you..

There are still good people out there, there are also devil in human form out there as well..

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People / BUILD YOUR DREAM HOUSE AT GARDEN OF EDEN ESTATE WITH EASE / Fire Disaster At Rumuokoro In Port Harcourt. Properties Destroyed (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.