Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today (51190 Views)

The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 / What I Saw At The Bank Today!! / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by dobnina(f): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
ClearWatersNG:

Till the day my hands touches you. Slot
Atleast I am not a scammer like you.
You are shameless.
Stop scamming people.
Go and hustle.
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by dfrost: 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by dfrost: 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Edoziesmart:

Please can I see the memo sir cus they cut my light last two weeks after few days of bringing excess bill to me.
I went to their office here in Enugu to request for prepaid meter but they have been telling me they don't have prepaid meter for the past 8 months now.

This is the link. Excuse the error I made on 30 days. It's actually 10 days and they should write the consumer officially prior to disconnecting. Look up those links and download the pdf files and read up on their regulations.

https://www.ikejaelectric.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/CONNECTION-AND-DISCONNECTION-PROCEDURES-FOR-ELECTRICITY-SERVICES-2007..pdf
https://nerc.gov.ng/index.php/library/documents/Consumer-Affairs/Connection-and-Disconnection-Procedures-for-Electricity-Services/

https://nerc.gov.ng/index.php/library/documents/Consumer-Affairs/Customer-Complaints-Handling-Standards-and-Procedures/
https://nerc.gov.ng/index.php/library/documents/Consumer-Affairs/Meter-Reading-Billing-Cash-Collections-and-Credit-Management-for-Electricity-Supply/
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by dmi2052(m): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
Gambler spotted
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by BennyDGreat: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Starz825:

Bank workers are mostly those who got bank job opportunities through relatives or family friend... studied courses far different from financial management and are also yet to pick a course in the banking line to further enhance their knowledge.....you will see a yoruba, Microbiology, biochemistry graduate working in the bank..so they are mostly used as cashiers and customer care rep...
So if you ask someone like that wats the present MPR?...they will even ask you what MPR is...
Infact ask them what does their bank require for you to get a facility from them ..they won't be able to answer you.

While a banker is a financial person who is certified and knowledgeable about the whole banking system and how it's been run and who is Also updated with the necessary information about modern banking especially with the bank and other financial institution Act (BOFIA) as documented by the apex bank from time to time...

Ohh thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by BennyDGreat: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2021
dfrost:

Certified bankers know the policies, rules and regulations guiding the practice of banking.

Bank workers = laborers cheesy (layman definition)

Thanks boss.
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by IMASTEX: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
martyns303:

No he didn’t ask for tips, he was like, hope when they give it to me I will accept it, and I said I won’t, he was like “u see”, told him I didn’t know accepting old notes was a problem until he established it just now that there’s a problem accepting old notes. He then said in that case what will then happen, told him I don’t know, the Memo said he as a financial institution must accept the note, it didn’t say me as a customer must accept it and that he will have to take it up with the CBN. Walked out!!!!
grin grin grin You're smart. I almost had similar issue. I received some dollars from the bank, I intend to deposit same in my account in another branch, came the remark.
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by Elliotwaveforec: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
Information is power; thanks to Google and NL
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by DrinkWater10: 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
molybdenum0012:
I did similar thing way back to when CBN introduced incentives for receiving dollars abroad. I think 5 naira for each dollar you receive, and also you can get the dollars sent to you in hard currency instead of allowing the bank to exchange it to naira for you. I had that knowledge already and I even ensured I saved the memo to that effect incase they feign ignorance .

I was to receive $4500 that day, so the teller lady was like I should put down my bank account number so that the money will be sent. I just laughed in my mind told her I want my money in hard currency, she looked at me for a while and then say okay. After verification, she paid me the money and gave me a book to write the amount I receive, I did. Then I noticed a column tagged “ incentive” she told me to write 25000, I did. Meanwhile, she did not tell me about the incentive. After writing it she expected me to leave lol… I just told her what about incentive the CBN asked you people to pay us, is your bank not complying with that? She was shocked and started apologising that she forgot bla bla ..:hahaha… I don laugh I just collected my money and left..

I saw many people that receive their money without even know anything like that happening ..lol
So the incentive thing is still available right?
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
These bankers know the policy, but they take advantage if you don't know these policies. The same thing arises everywhere that's why we need to be informed. If you don't know your right police sef go use you do yeye.

There was a thread on Twitter, normally if a bank debits you without the ATM dispensing cash, It takes weeks and sometimes months before you get your money back. Until someone discovered that if you are in such a situation just shoot the bank a mail and copy CBN, you will be answered within 24 hours.
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by Gcool2(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
For those who are knowledgeable about this foreign currency thing...please help me.

I got paid to an XOF prepaid card,this implies that the only fund that can enter into that prepaid card is XOF.XOF (West African CFA Franc)? The West African CFA franc (XOF) is the shared currency of eight independent states in West Africa.it is spent in those french countries like Togo,Benin,cote d'Ivoire etc.

I can't spend it here in Nigeria.Does anyone know how I could get that currency changed to USD.I will really appreciate your responses.
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by molybdenum0012: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
DrinkWater10:

So the incentive thing is still available right?

Still very valid. Still got it this month self
Re: Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today by DrinkWater10: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2021
molybdenum0012:

Still very valid. Still got it this month self
Kindly recommend the best channel to receive Forex, don account, moneygram, western union?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies / Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.