Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG (15364 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic / Bariga Ferry Terminal And Access Road Will Be Commissioned Tomorrow (Pictures) / This Photo Of Soldiers Fixing Damaged Road Will Melt Your Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by naptu2: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
SarkinYarki:
This is what I have been shouting for 7 years and Lagos govt is just seeing it now ..Lagos need a super high way hugging it's entire coast line and not all these poorly thought out traffic light systems that worsened the driving experience on Lekki Epe ...And another thing is to make sure Hi tech doesn't handle a project of that magnitude

naptu2:
The Coastal Road is not a new development. It has been on the masterplan since at least the Jakande era. Jakande was removed from office before he could build it. Governor Rasaki said that he was surprised to see it on the masterplan and that it's not just a Lagos Coastal Road, but that there's actually a plan to build a coastal road all the way to Calabar. He said that he began planning to build it, but he was removed from office before he could build it.

The Tinubu Administration promised to build it but never did.

There were protests when tolling began on the Lekki Expressway because some people believed that the government should build the coastal road before tolling the expressway (so that the coastal road would be an alternative).

The Ambode Administration promised to build it and former governor Rasaki praised him for that.

However, because it has not been built and the land has remained empty, a lot of squatters, mainly artisans, okada riders and traders, have taken over the land.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Faiththatworks(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
The traffic jam from Chevron to jakande estate bus stop every day is scary,no other road to meander through,the lekki-Epe expressway has to be one of the most unplanned route In Africa,it's so bad there are no short cuts or routes to pass through if 2 tankers block both lanes.
I must also curse those human left activist that blocked the government from tolling the second part of the road from Eleganza down to Epe.
Although they got their short lived victory,the citizens are really suffering on that route.
I believe a compromise should have been reached on that road and probably a flat rate of less than 200 should have been agreed by both parties.
Going from the second toll gate to Eleko is a nightmare whenever it rains,the roads are flooded,very narrow and without drainages ,and there's the nuisance of people building very close to the express,all of these madness was curtailed by LCC in phase one,if not for LCC with their wired fences,I'm sure many mad people would have sited their stores close to the Express.
The hard lesson for Lagosians and Nigerians in general is the fact that we must stop this crazy idea that infrastructure is free,where it's free,it will be misused. God bless Sanwo olu for the alternative route but it's time to concession the second part of the Lekki Epe expressway,anyone not satisfied should go and drown in Elegushi beach,yes I said it.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by SmartPolician: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Lagos having underground rail by 2023, I see it becoming the capital of southern Nigeria.

This I have seen.

Be calming down.

Nigeria will never split.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by azpekuliar: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
travelwaka:
If you think Mainland traffic is crazy, If you have ever been stuck inside Ajah traffic. You will know that Ikorodu Traffic is a playing field grin grin grin

The Lagos state government should set aside funds for people living in some region and call it called stress relief funds .

After all these stress my people will still not go on vacation. Developed nations have learnt to prioritise vacations but we always see it as a waste of money. This is one of the many reasons why so many of us are stressed out.

No be lie you talk. One reason why I am not eager to move to that axis any time soon

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by phantom(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nice one! Governor wike i hope you are seeing? No be to dey build flyover ontop that same Aba Road. Meanwhile oyigbo and eleme need to open up.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
after nearly 2 decades of chopping LCCI concession monies through toll-gates - please do the needful without re-activating the tolls
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by NnamdiN: 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
They should remember apple junction, amuwo odofin

Just two bridges abeg embarassed
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Gandollar(f): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Not bad , traffic from chevron to Ajah lasan.
E dey always choke

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by NGpatriot: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
AllahThePig:
Another excuse to borrow billions. Maimouna is not impressed

[img]https://images./rw2loHiMf74YdOJH.gif[/img]

Another excuse to let us know how ignorant and unintelligent you are.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Gandollar(f): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
NGpatriot:

Another excuse to let us know how ignorant and unintelligent you are.
The guy moniker pain you well well abii grin
Madoooo grin
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
AllahThePig:
Another excuse to borrow billions. Maimouna is not impressed

[img]https://images./rw2loHiAjIJzMf74YdOJH.gif[/img]
Where you dey see all this kin alhajas with big yansh gif grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
SarkinYarki:
This is what I have been shouting for 7 years and Lagos govt is just seeing it now ..Lagos need a super high way hugging it's entire coast line and not all these poorly thought out traffic light systems that worsened the driving experience on Lekki Epe ...And another thing is to make sure Hi tech doesn't handle a project of that magnitude
Why should Hi-Tech not handle such a project. They are capable.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by EmmaLege: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
J2381:
A commendable move. I still wonder what the LASG is doing to ease traffic in Lagos metropolis though.

A normal day in Lagos is a day full of traffic gridlock and an abnormal day in Lagos is whenever there is rain fall, then the traffic gridlock becomes something else entirely.

no be lie.. everything just tire man cry cry cry
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Faiththatworks:
The traffic jam from Chevron to jakande estate bus stop every day is scary,no other road to meander through,the lekki-Epe expressway has to be one of the most unplanned route In Africa,it's so bad there are no short cuts or routes to pass through if 2 tankers block both lanes.
I must also curse those human left activist that blocked the government from tolling the second part of the road from Eleganza down to Epe.
Although they got their short lived victory,the citizens are really suffering on that route.
I believe a compromise should have been reached on that road and probably a flat rate of less than 200 should have been agreed by both parties.
Going from the second toll gate to Eleko is a nightmare whenever it rains,the roads are flooded,very narrow and without drainages ,and there's the nuisance of people building very close to the express,all of these madness was curtailed by LCC in phase one,if not for LCC with their wired fences,I'm sure many mad people would have sited their stores close to the Express.
The hard lesson for Lagosians and Nigerians in general is the fact that we must stop this crazy idea that infrastructure is free,where it's free,it will be misused. God bless Sanwo olu for the alternative route but it's time to concession the second part of the Lekki Epe expressway,anyone not satisfied should go and drown in Elegushi beach,yes I said it.
God bless Nigeria
Why should Govt be looking while the citizens are misusing public infrastructure? Which job is it to grant permit before buildings are erected?
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by texazzpete(m): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Looks very promising, but won't hat just transfer the traffic to Freedom Way?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by dudutrends: 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=225537779604283&id=100064441879510
Please Ma, the people of Agboju-Amuwo in Oriade LCDA are pleading for government intervention to help rebuild the Old Ojo Road which is the main artery road for the people of that environs. the road is as good as non-existing.

We also deserve govt presence in ORIADE LCDA.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by SarkinYarki: 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Why should Hi-Tech not handle such a project. They are capable.

For you to say Hi tech is capable means you have never come across any road they have done before ...the only road I can I give them pass mark is Freedom way ..those guys don't have the brilliance needed for a good road
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
SarkinYarki:

For you to say Hi tech is capable means you have never come across any road they have done before ...the only road I can I give them pass mark is Freedom way ..those guys don't have the brilliance needed for a good road
Which construction company is rehabilitating the Apapa expressway?
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by dudutrends: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
A dream comes true for Lekki Residents.

Please Ma, the people of Agboju-Amuwo in Oriade LCDA are pleading for government intervention to help rebuild the Old Ojo Road which is the main artery road for the people of that environs. the road is as good as non-existing.

We also deserve govt presence in ORIADE LCDA.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by SarkinYarki: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Which construction company is rehabilitating the Apapa expressway?

I havent been to Apapa in years oo so I can't tell
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by owbabs: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
texazzpete:
Looks very promising, but won't hat just transfer the traffic to Freedom Way?
Exactly. It is still not enough. Critical reasoning will reveal we need multiple access routes in Lagos. I don't people are ready to have that conversation.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by naptu2: 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
naptu2:

You have got things mixed up. You are mixing up two separate roads.

The Coastal Road runs from the Water Corporation axis, past Abraham Adesanya and all the way to the Lekki Free Trade Zone. This is on the ocean side (beside the Atlantic Ocean).

The other road that you've got mixed up is the Regional Road. The Regional Road is different from the Coastal Road. The Regional Road is close to the Lagos Lagoon, while the Coastal Road is close to the Atlantic Ocean. It is the Regional Road that begins at VGC and ends at Freedom Way.

There are two separate roads.
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by Gfskw: 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Oh
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by GaIaticHorde: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Where you dey see all this kin alhajas with big yansh gif grin
hehehe as in ehn if you see one wey he post for the rape thread ehn I was forced to view his posts
https://www.nairaland.com/6775215/court-convicts-two-men-raping#106239744
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by fregeneh(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
Never!!!
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by fregeneh(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
helinues:
Lagos state, a country on its own

Never!! Lagos state economic hub/centre and Commonwealth of Yoruba nation
Re: Construction Of Regional Road Will Ease Traffic On Lekki-Ajah Axis - LASG by akanke79: 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Lagos having underground rail by 2023, I see it becoming the capital of southern Nigeria.

This I have seen.
Falseprophet no attachee by force,Lagos and Ibadan are the new capital of Oduduwa land.Anything Southern Nigeria is a mini Nigeria.Go for Ndigbo Republic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omisore's Ambition A Dance On Bola Ige's Grave - Osun APC Group / Governor Obiano Sacks 18 Commissioners / Natasha Akpoti Shares Photos Of Friday Ovoro, Her Youth Leader, Tortured In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.