Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (27448 Views)

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by fombi: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
Buhari has finally messed up the country to almost beyond repair, congratulations to Tinubu and all those who brought him in. Hope they get a share of the suffering they brought on ordinary Nigerians home and abroad. It's going to take the grace of God and a very ambitious leader to redeem Nigeria again, the country don enter blackhole.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by shantti(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
Rtk5:
I spent about 1.2m on my last visit to Nigeria that was in April and i didnt stay for up to 2months. I just advised myself to go back. Thanks to my friends who are all doing well so no much expectation. I wish people could be enlightened to know that abroad is not as they think it is. You go suffer ooo.

What did u spend the money on
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
dettolgel:

God's own country. I throwawy salute for una.

Bros why una no wan make people from europe come visit ni? Na only una corona dey do ni?

Lol, grin grin
Na una carry am enter the US the first time and over 600,000 US citizens lost their lives. We no do again ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by bilulu(m): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

If you want to help someone, HELP HIM! Nigeria is a mess.
Anywhere outside Nigeria is 10x better.
someone just spoke the truth but because that's not what you wanted to hear you feel he's not helping, anywhere is better than Nigeria then go to anywhere na

4 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
1.5 - 3m
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by dettolgel: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

Lol, grin grin
Na una carry am enter the US the first time and over 600,000 US citizens lost their lives. We no do again ooo cheesy

Hahaha abi na una come here come carry enter then. The funny thing was that I just got to Europe from Seattle and I saw on the news the damage was doing in Seattle early 2020. Fear catch me ooh.

Abeg we dey beg una make una open border ejoo. Tell Biden say we dey sorry we don get vaccine certificate.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

Urgent? Is your wife pregnant � �. I am all ears bro...lol

Dude don set format. Im dey find mugu. Becos im don dey see millions for these diasporan posts

Some Nigerians can be so useless sometimes
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
juman:

The guy is adult.
He stayed with family member when he came home.

He told his parents before coming that he was not coming with money for them.
They were happy to see him.

When he saw his childhood friends when he visited his parents house, he led them to the bar and declared one bottle each for them. They never saw him again.

That's awesome.

Everyone's situations and dispositions differs which is why people also have different experiences and encounters when they visit home.

Having a spending budget and sticking to it is key and it takes a lot of self discipline to make it happen.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by kenton(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
No matter how expensive life in Naija is you cannot compare it to cost of living abroad. The only difference is that money is easier to come by abroad. I live in the UK. Before coming here I cut my hair N500 in Lagos. Sometimes N300. To cut hair in the UK is £10-£20 that is about N7k - N15k in naira. My rent is £575 that is over 400K for a 1bed in a shared apartment. If I earn what I earn in the UK in Nigeria, I would leave a more comfortable life. Na just say opportunities nor dey naija and the government useless well well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
dettolgel:

Hahaha abi na una come here come carry enter then. The funny thing was that I just got to Europe from Seattle and I saw on the news the damage was doing in Seattle early 2020. Fear catch me ooh.

Abeg we dey beg una make una open border ejoo. Tell Biden say we dey sorry we don get vaccine certificate.

Sorry kee

Anyways, the political dimension injected into Covid-19 here in the US is also a factor.

The boaders will be opened in due time.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by bilulu(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
udemzyudex:
Who we go believe now ehn?

The people up there are saying naija is expensive when they visited but some people over there will say living abroad especially in US is very expensive that it is better to stay here in naija.

Who we go believe now ehn?
Living abroad is more expensive but here's the difference;
1. It's easier for the money to come by so long you work, so you work and spend unlike Nigeria. nobody is owed salary.
2. Unlike Nigeria, there's credit card which you can spend and pay later, depending on your status, some can have upto $1000, $3000, $7000 to spend and pay gradually but it comes with an interest and also make sure you pay the minimum requirement.
3. Most electronics, gadget and cars can be bought on financing. while Nigerians will buy iPhone 13 with cash, those in Western word will buy it through financing and it comes with a plan (data, calls and messaging). You pay maybe $100 or thereabouts monthly. Most times it's a 2 year deal.

So these are the few stuffs I'll analyze. Abroad is expensive but because of how the system is built it might not choke you when you're working but Nigeria doesn't have such system to help absorb.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
I totally dislike people like you............is like you do t want anybody to travel out of Nigeria and join you abroad.......look at a contradicting advice you just have......why did you leave in the first place Why don't you come back and also look for what to hold unto??

Your feet will never see abroad. Say Amen?

Becos with this heart of hatred you will never find help especially outside the shores of Nigeria.

Lets say the grace.....
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelacruz: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
ShitHead:
Whatever you spend, always make provision for ransom.

terrible
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by omoyankee3(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
So ordinary visit is that expensive. What if a person decides to relocate to naija permanently?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2021
mfm04622:

Lol!!!

Educate me please.
Or better still, move to Togo and experience it
Human Development Index. Nigeria is marginally better than Togo. As for GDP, it is a very deceitful number and is gradually being relegated when measuring the actual human impact of development and wealth distribution in a country. HDI tells a clearer story. Having a higher GDP does not mean the citizens are well of than a country with smaller GDP.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
kenton:
No matter how expensive life in Naija is you cannot compare it to cost of living abroad. The only difference is that money is easier to come by abroad. I live in the UK. Before coming here I cut my hair N500 in Lagos. Sometimes N300. To cut hair in the UK is £10-£20 that is about N7k - N15k in naira. My rent is £575 that is over 400K for a 1bed in a shared apartment. If I earn what I earn in the UK in Nigeria, I would leave a more comfortable life. Na just say opportunities nor dey naija and the government useless well well.
You live in an HMO. Try to attend any of Samuel Leeds crash course or watch his videos about HMOs online. Men, no dull yourself. That's the business I'm coming to UK to do once I can raise school fees. Blood money.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:
Guys, alot of this guys are lying. Over 2.5M in a month? That's like spending about 100k everyday. Really? Why una de lie like this? I don't know where this guys find the money sef, lots of Nigerians abroad are broke. Real time. No joke. Make una de lie small small abeg.

I understand that you intend to make folks back home miserable, your sense of worth is predicated on how much other puts you on a pedestals, and them having the consciousness that you're doing fine, but it is wrong. It means you're a shitty person.

Evian Water (1.5L) costs 1,101 Naira in the UK. Eva water (1.5L) costs 250-300 Naira in Nigeria.

If the person living in the UK comes to Nigeria and decides to buy 24 bottles of Eva water for his family meal for a day, does it mean he is showing off or trying to put himself on a pedestal?

If you haven't spent or earned a certain amount of money in your life, you'd always see that figure as astronomical until the day you actually get it. Then you'd look at the bigger picture and want bigger numbers.

If you ain't ever seen 1m and its hard for you to spend in a day, not everybody is in your shoes.

So they ain't lying, they are spitting facts. Work hard and don't doubt another man's pocket because you doubt yours.

Not all pockets have holes in 'em.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
omoyankee3:
So ordinary visit is that expensive. What if a person decides to relocate to naija permanently?

To maintain the lifestyle you have abroad you need N4m - N5m monthly
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by TNORWAY: 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
WUdec:

Your feet will never see abroad. Say Amen?

Becos with this heart of hatred you will never find help especially outside the shores of Nigeria.

Lets say the grace.....
honestly, speaking I don't even know what to tell you. But I won't reply you with nagative remakes........if you can just show me the sign of hatred,I will gladly apologize....gud p.m.

But I believe Ghana is abroad ,if yes.....you are in the mud.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
SocialJustice:
Human Development Index. Nigeria is marginally better than Togo. As for GDP, it is a very deceitful number and is gradually being relegated when measuring the actual human impact of development and wealth distribution in a country. HDI tells a clearer story. Having a higher GDP does not mean the citizens are well of than a country with smaller GDP.

If you check my write up well, I used GDP per Capita. That is not the same as GDP and it smooth out the effect of large population and actually favours smaller countries.
Even using HDI, Nigeria is marginally better, so why hype Togo?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by dettolgel: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

Sorry kee

Anyways, the political dimension injected into Covid-19 here in the US is also a factor.

The boaders will be opened in due time.

I heard by November 1st tourist from Europe should be able to enter US again.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
WUdec:

Evian Water (1.5L) costs 1,101 Naira in the UK. Eva water (1.5L) costs 250-300 Naira in Nigeria.

If the person living in the UK comes to Nigeria and decides to buy 24 bottles of Eva water for his family meal for a day, does it mean he is showing off or trying to put himself on a pedestal?

If you haven't spent or earned a certain amount of money in your life, you'd always see that figure as astronomical until the day you actually get it. Then you'd look at the bigger picture and want bigger numbers.

If you ain't ever seen 1m and its hard for you to spend in a day, not everybody is in your shoes.

So they ain't lying, they are spitting facts. Work hard and don't doubt another man's pocket because you doubt yours.

Not all pockets have holes in 'em.

Chief there are some people you don't respond to. You just keep it moving.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Missy89(f): 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
HitRun:

$10k?! shocked

I did travel to few places thou. I haven’t visited in 12 years so I wanted to see a lot of people
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Christistruth00: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

If you want to help someone, HELP HIM! Nigeria is a mess.
Anywhere outside Nigeria is 10x better.

Including Cotonou ?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
mfm04622:

If you check my write up well, I used GDP per Capita. That is not the same as GDP and it smooth out the effect of large population and actually favours smaller countries.
Even using HDI, Nigeria is marginally better, so why hype Togo?
Security, stable electricity and cheap food. It goes a very long way, believe me. You should know I'm not the guy hyping Togo in the original post but Togo is better. I've been indirect victim of kidnap twice, you feel it can not happen to you until it does, when you become aware it can happen to you, you live with that burden daily. I remember when my 2 nephews were kidnapped by house help. It wasn't fun. Men, Nigeria cast o, we need to be honest and see the country for what it is.

The place Nigeria fails woefully is the suppression of freedom. Things are unhealthy on many aspects.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
honestly, speaking I don't even know what to tell you. But I won't reply you with nagative remakes........if you can just show me the sign of hatred,I will gladly apologize....gud p.m.

But I believe Ghana is abroad ,if yes.....you are in the mud.

If you like.. call am Negative Remix. Na you sabi.

DJ Bomber aka "Fiki fiki one two. Tasting the Microfoam"
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
dettolgel:

I heard by November 1st tourist from Europe should be able to enter US again.

I haven't been keeping up with the news lately on that.
I don tire
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by viktohmarkz(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

You have said it all brother and all I can say is goodluck in your path to a better life. Whichever way you think I can be of help, don't hesitate to let me know. I will continue to give our brothers back home the raw truth on life abroad. Abroad is best experienced than been told. Nigeria is really a shit Hole and one needs to be prepared for any eventualities while he make ways for his exit. I wish you goodluck once more brother and see you in a better part of life existence

Thank you so much,
I'll really love to experience abroad and be a Nigerian in the abroad, am very tired of being a Nigerian in Nigeria i swear
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by EgunMogaji2: 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Okkk
Diaspora income?
.......although still thinking how it relates to the Topic in question,......with respect to the present day Nigeria
Okk

If you can’t relate the fact that I live in Nigeria as a diasporan tourist then I can’t help you.

Good day.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by donhils: 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

I am in Austria. Every country has it's pros and cons. I came as a student. I have €13,000 as prove of fund before anything. I advise you to check yourself very well before make a journey in any country. No country is easy bro. If Nigeria is better tomorrow, 99% of guys outside will chose to come back. You will not understand until you come. Don't allow any agent to decive you. To survive in Nigeria is not easy likewise abroad. If you are not financially efficient, I will advise you to hold on to what you are doing in Nigeria
What is with you people abroad always trying to discourage others from coming? It's better to stay in Nigeria yet any time they come back, they'll still rush back to where they came from. The guy wants to japa, if you can help him, do it. When Nigeria is better tomorrow let him be among those guys who may decide to come back, but for now Nigeria is not good!
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by kilar5(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
I'm planning on a 14 days visit to Nigeria. Will 750k be sufficient for the trip? Mind you, accomodations is exclusive, but I might rent a car if not satisfied with the one available.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? / Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.