Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days (14358 Views)

Why It's So Hard To Get Employed These Days? / Some Organization Will Only Post Job But Hardly Give Job / Download Free Engineering Codes And Standards - Over 3000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hello Everyone.

Before now, age used to be one of the requirements that is considered in filling a job position. However, I have noticed that of late, I hardly see age as part of the requirements.

Yes I know it is a good sign. What do you think?

18 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by riverbird: 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Where are the jobs?

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by hopeka(m): 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
No job, so no age limit to set

25 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
Most available jobs require specialized skill sets to perform that's why you don't see it. Graduate trainees have age limits sha.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by DoggoneDogg: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
No need to because the requirements alone will disqualify any candidate not within that age range.

When it asks for a Masters degree, 5-8 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity, PMP, proven record of bla bla bla... you don't need anyone to tell you that most Nigerian U-35s are not qualified for the role.

22 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by greatiyk4u(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lolz
Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Lastmankc(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hmmm.My brother,if you can push first Bank door,there is no problems you can't push in this life.We must push through all our problems by God's grace.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Sonnobax15(m): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
lipsrsealed
The stress wey you go pass through first don kukuma pass that age restriction....Then you go cor later hear the greatest shocker of your life like--"we'll get back to you....or you'll hear from us sad

6 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Guyman02: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Many people don't even apply for vacancies these days because they feel the jobs have been filled most times before the HR decides to advertise to fulfill all righteousness.

With the job vacancy application aparthy if you put age restriction many more will think the company is unserious and not looking for competent hands and the number of qualified applicants is reduced further.
So it's left open and from the submitted CVs they can select the age they want and invite for interview

3 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by McOluOmo: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ok

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by affable4(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Not bank jobs I guess. Especially graduate trainees

5 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by lovebird65(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Yes naaa country don cast
Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Hyphy(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
riverbird:
Where are the jobs?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Columbine(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Most skill related jobs don't require age which is where the world is heading towards, only office work requires age sometimes

5 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by COdeGenesis: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Na remote jobs dey pay now. No one wants to know your age . What matters is your ability to deliver as at when due

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by faceland: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
There are different types of slavery, cough, I mean jobs.

There are jobs that a responsible employer doesn't want a Nigerian Male, their are others that a Man is preferred. There are others that a certain age group wouldn't fit well.

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by DukeJoe17: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
No be lie
Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by uuzba(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
It's a good sign na.
Let people breath oxygen small.
All those nonsense "must have 20years experience" "must not be older than 18years" bullsh1t, those ones can stop now.

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Harmony92(f): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Maybe because majority of our youths don't believe in getting a job after graduation anymore undecided thanks to d Yahoo Yahoo trend des days.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by WoundedLamb: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Good news

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by dahmie2013: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Yes OP, I think you are right.

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by adesegun121(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Tinyemeka(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
mikezuruki:
Hello Everyone.

Before now, age used to be one of the requirements that is considered in filling a job position. However, I have noticed that of late, I hardly see age as part of the requirements.

Yes I know it is a good sign. What do you think?

Google "Employment ageism".

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Lovenorth: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
As they say, age is just a number

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Hezmatosky: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
They have tired. sad

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Seniorwriter(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Well there are no age limit for Remote/Online jobs requirement....just be good @what you do legitimately online and you'll keep earning.

In another news if you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets and you ain't earning via your online activities in this times of economic crisis in Nigeria then you are very unwise.
To earn online you have to possess and make use of one or all three of this basics;

# Skill
# Service
# Investment Capital.

learn how to earn $100 weekly with Whiteboard Animation for just a token mentorship of $20 or it's equivalent in Naira or other ease2access related Digital Courses.....you will be held by the hand for a 4weeks training towards the mastery and earning even before the end of the training period.
reach out via the facebook id on my profile...i won't respond to email requests.
Aurelius1:
Can one be a freelancer with whiteboard animation?
Sure....advertisement freelancing.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!
@SENIORWRITER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by femi4: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Not in the banking sector especially at the trainee level

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by datola: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
May be you are in highly sought after skill industry like IT.

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by Balistic4: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Well, it depends on what you want, whether it is age or to get the job done and done satisfactorily

2 Likes

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2021
Really!

It’s been long I searched for jobs cos this one I’m doing is paying well.

Lord please provide for those who are in dire need of job to put food on the table cry

1 Like

Re: Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days by dontro(m): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
When they can't just look at you at tell both your real age and "football age" grin

Better learn web development from me for free and start hustling: https://youtube.com/channel/UC2gMtcPRGgZIrlaWaA8Od7w

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Recruitment - Scammers On Rampage / NIMC Apptitude Test Result 2013 / Should I Quit My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.