Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? (16574 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Enn214(m): 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Why is it that they don't allow people to serve themselves once the pot of soup is involved... But if it's beans or rice, you are allowed to serve yourself..

Is it the meat they are protecting?? cheesy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Enn214(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
cheesy
Dem value pot of soup pass anything...even the ones wey no sweet sef

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Ammishaddai: 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
You're still a kid. Once your beard starts coming out come back and tell us whether there are restrictions

177 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by InfernoNig: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
It's not easy to cook soup and go to market all the time. Them dey tire ni. Beside soup things are expensive.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Enn214(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're still a kid. Once your beard starts coming out come back and tell us whether there are restrictions
They will not allow you..old or young..
Some even get angry seeing their husband with the pot of soup

47 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by psucc(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
That's their office. You dare not try shit with Efik woman's pot.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Wawelexy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Well my mum's case is different, she hates serving, once she takes my dad and her own portion, then at times our last born's portion, the rest is story, na u go use ur hand do urself which normally leads too kasala due to greed amongst us.... It was really fun then. May God keep my malee for us.......

170 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
If you truly know what it takes to cook a pot of soup these days,you wouldn't be here ashoala this question?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by habsydiamond(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Very simple... If people keep serving themselves the soup it will make the soup to have sour taste.. That's what I heard though

51 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by JaneYave(f): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kitchen head should have their due process too. Serving food is one of the duties of the lady of the house and soup is not excluded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Davash222(m): 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pot of soup is to mothers what snake is to lalasticlala.

Mothers accord special reverence to pots of soup.

A female Nairalander once created a thread here to complain how her brother in-law always mishandle her pot of soup. That was the day I gave up on mothers and pot of soup.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by mariahAngel(f): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
That is because ite ofe (soup pot) is sacred.

For me, I prefer dishing all foods I cook myself than having people serve themselves.

18 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2021

Yeah, my Mom then always hides the pot of soup, stew anything that has Meat/fish in it cuz my sisters & I were experts in the act of making meats disappear

32 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Unlike rice, beans & others, most mothers don't cook soups just to be consumed a day, so they might not want people close to it to avoid sour taste or making a mess of it. When some people go near a pot of soup, you may lose appetite due to the way they would make a mess of it; perhaps in their search for the biggest meat or fish. Well, this assertion of mine does not apply to every home sha. In our own case, we get irritated easily (we don't eat outside even on visits), mum inclusive, so she may force you to finish the soup alone if you make her lose interest in it.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Davash222(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
mariahAngel:
That is because ite ofe (soup pot) is sacred.

For me, I prefer dishing all foods I cook myself than having people serve themselves.

I like eating with 4 meats garnished with kajad okporoko. Take note when serving, please.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Angraful: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Because of meat
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by slawormiir: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Too much hands in pot of soup like egusi dey spoil am na

The thing go come sour

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Saskay44: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by falcon01: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
na lie oo I'm a grown ass adult and I still get restricted
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by elmessiahs(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
My put restrictions, not for me. She no say I been no dey like eat
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by JackWolfskin: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
... usually to prevent the soup from going sour.

#SAHWAH

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by mhizmeme(f): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
they don't want one person to remove all the obstacles and remain water for them

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by OssyMalik: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Na poverty cause am.. If you are from a rich home, its buffet service

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by queenjoseph(f): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Because pots of rice and other types of food mostly finish in one day.

But soup always takes few days before it can finish.

So it must be protected otherwise your children can make it finish in one day if you allow them serve themselves.

Also there are meats and other things inside which must be protected.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
So that the animals for inside the soup no go disappear

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by CuteEmma(f): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Of course grin It is for proper management/control of her constituency smiley

The thing is that if you allow everyone in there, either they will eat all the meat and leave the empty soup for you, or finish everything; and cooking soup is both stressful and expensive - and most times you won’t have all the ingredients at home, you might need to go back to the market before you can make a new one unlike rice/beans.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin Because the Male Gender is known for Stealing Meat from the cooking pot !

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by ikorodureporta: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin cheesy
My sister no go let u near soup as if I no sabi cook soup too

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by EshjayLee(m): 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
Greediness of people when it comes to meet can’t be overemphasized!
You can eat beans as much as you want na to visit toilet for unlimited number of time ni!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Harrynight(m): 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin

They can take charge of the pot of rice, beans etc etc buh u see soup,
It's not easy preparing a pot of soup my brother!

Now, without minimum of 5k (with that u still have some minor ingredients already at home) you can't cook an average pot of soup for a family of 3-5

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage / Parenting In The Digital Age / Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.