Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? (30217 Views)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / The 10 Typical Causes Of Tyre Wear / 8 Common Causes Of Tyre Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hello car lovers! Hope Monday was good? cool
So, I had to change a Tyre in an emergency situation today and I encountered a problem. After unscrewing two wheel bolts from the Tyre, the third one was not coming off as the wheel spanner could not grip it. Taking a closer look, I discovered that the edges around the wheel bolt has no friction. It was almost round. shocked It took the intervention of a vulcanizer before the bolt could be unscrewed.

My question is, incase of situations where the service of professionals cannot be reached, how can such an issue be handled? Please move to the front page for wider views..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Nbotee(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hope U didn't screw it back in? Simply replace the bolt. When ur bolts are worn U sjld replace it

63 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by EyezofGod120: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin this news na for people wey get car,,

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Kobicove(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
An alternative is to get a welder to weld an iron rod to the nut in order to unscrew it.

Cc: Timagex

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Ancecoker(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
tongue
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lemme learn too
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by propzncribz: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
Change your bolts when they are old.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Cmexy: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
Weld and unscrew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
it's over

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by heybeebugatty(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
I will use my teeth to loose it...
I come in peace grin

9 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by iHart(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Welder will know what to do.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by RedEnergy: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
In an emergency situation without adequate tools, find a rugged stone to hit your screwdriver on the nut at a slanted angle in the direction to loosen it until the nut turns a few threads till you can loosen it with your wheel spanner. That's why it is important to have a toolbox in your car permanently, but if you don't have, at least you should have something basic like a screwdriver and spanners. But if you are the type that won't keep a single tool in your car like a screwdriver, then you are screwed in an emergency situation. God help you if your tyre bursts in the middle of nowhere along interstate forests and you can't loosen your tire grin

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by arcahmad(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Safety first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by alfredo4u(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Use hydrolic to clean the roastingness

If it work, leave the car there and get a fucknizer....

If u I can't get a fucknizer, get the police involved

If u can't the police, get the mopol involved

What am I even saying........,..........

alcohol is bad....

4 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Docodes(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
The bolt doesn't seem to be the only problem of that car

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Onyeedum(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Cut zink and put in the wheel spanner before unscrewing, it will tighten it.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by xpressionx(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Op so you get money to change tyre for this Buhari regime?
Efcc should come and investigate you o

4 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by OG1BABY(f): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Okay
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by 2special(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
You supposed ask the vulcanizer how he did it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by checkmatez: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
G
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Elxandre(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
You didn't learn from the vulcanizer?

19 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Ahmback(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
here to learn
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Charmingrascal(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
That's why it is an essentiality to always have some basic tools in your car

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by akphils: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Simple, take off the cap covering the bolt.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by tranxo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:
So, I had to change a Tyre in an emergency situation today and I encountered a problem. After unscrewing two wheel bolts from the Tyre, the third one was not coming off as the wheel spanner could not grip it. Taking a closer look, I discovered that the edges around the wheel bolt has no friction. It was almost round. shocked It took the intervention of a vulcanizer before the bolt could be unscrewed.

My question is, incase of situations where the service of professionals cannot be reached, how can such an issue be handled? Please move to the front page for wider views..

Sprinkle enough rough sand/soil into the wheel spanner to create friction/grip.

46 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Abaski9: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Dip ur Spanner inside wet sand, it’ll act like a grip to the bolt

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Dimejimichael(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Get a lacasara drink and pour round the wheell spanner and also around the bot

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Bayaar02(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Burn the fvcking car and get a new one.

God bless our darling president.

3 Likes

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by highoctane: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:

Always have hammer and chisel as part of your car repair kit

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Lastmankc(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sell the car asap and get new one

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by OllyArt(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Your teeth na

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured / Top Current Car Brands And Their Country Of Origin / Understanding Fifth Wheels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.