Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:37 PM

Help: Urgent Answer Needed About My Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help: Urgent Answer Needed About My Hosting (918 Views)

Card Ban: My Website Data Will Be Deleted If I Don't Renew My Hosting Plan / I Need Someone To Pay For My Hosting On Bluehost. / Bloggers In The House I Need Urgent Answer To This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Urgent Answer Needed About My Hosting by Holuwarseun15(m): 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Good evening Bosses... I hired someone to create a mobile app (News App) sometimes ago, but I'm thinking of being serious with it in November due to funds issue...

Now, I got a mail that the hosting is about to expire...which I don't even have the funds to renew...

My questions are;

1. If the hosting should expire, and the contents are gone (the contents is not an issue), hope it won't affect anything in the app except the contents?

2. Would I still be able to access my WordPress dashboard?

3. There is no visitor for now because I've not promoted it... So theres nothing to worry about visitors or contents... But my major concern are the challenges that might occur if I should hire a developer to help with the retrosting and others things...

What are the challenges that they might encounter?

Please bosses.... I need answers
Re: Help: Urgent Answer Needed About My Hosting by niel63(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
You simply won't have access to anything for the first 30days after it expires which is the grace period where you can request for a backup recovery service(mostly with a fee), but after the grace period, everything will be deleted, wiped, discarded, removed from the server.

The solution pending when you have money will be to take a full backup of your site data, download it and keep it safe in your Google drive.

Otherwise you'll loose everything. No jokes. No case.

1 Like

Re: Help: Urgent Answer Needed About My Hosting by niel63(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
And Nope you won't have access to anything atall. Don't risk it.
Re: Help: Urgent Answer Needed About My Hosting by Holuwarseun15(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
niel63:
You simply won't have access to anything for the first 30days after it expires which is the grace period where you can request for a backup recovery service(mostly with a fee), but after the grace period, everything will be deleted, wiped, discarded, removed from the server.

The solution pending when you have money will be to take a full backup of your site data, download it and keep it safe in your Google drive.

Otherwise you'll loose everything. No jokes. No case.

Thanks for your reply, I've downloaded the backup...So after getting the backup hope the developer that would want to help me with some editing later on won't face any problem integrating the new hosting with the app?

(1) (Reply)

New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments / Programmer Needed To Join Our Team Of Consultants / Need Some Tips 4rm Iis Xperts:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.