Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,780,998 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:13 AM

How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers (1569 Views)

How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? / How much does it cost to renew car papers in your state - 2019 / Numbers To Call To Verify The Validity Of Your Driving Licence - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers by Phaaarm(m): 3:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Hello guys, I intend getting a Nigerian used car that's in a good condition but my fear is that I want to be sure that the papers presented to me are the genuine ones so I don't end up buying a stolen car or a car with fake documents
Please help me out with how to check for the genuineness of the vehicle license, road worthiness and certificate of insurance. Thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers by nifemi25(m): 6:20am On Sep 28, 2021
Take the chassis number of the said vehicle to road safety of office for verification
Re: How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers by officialejiofor: 3:02am On Oct 08, 2021
If the car was a stolen car will it reflect in FRSC office?
Re: How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers by Dozieson(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2021
officialejiofor:
If the car was a stolen car will it reflect in FRSC office?

1. Get the original document (receipt, custom papers, vehicle licence, road worthiness, etc)of the car.
2. Call the registered number on it to confirm the owner. If the number is not going through, then it is a red flag
3. Also visit VIO/Rd safety to confirm the true owner
4. Check car plate number with road safety website and insurance details with insurance policy website
5. Snap a picture with the owner for future reference
Re: How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers by Dramadiddy(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
Phaaarm:
Hello guys, I intend getting a Nigerian used car that's in a good condition but my fear is that I want to be sure that the papers presented to me are the genuine ones so I don't end up buying a stolen car or a car with fake documents
Please help me out with how to check for the genuineness of the vehicle license, road worthiness and certificate of insurance. Thanks in anticipation
just make sure you are given original papers, get the original proof of ownership, if there are any changes like plate number or engine number, make sure there are documents for that

(1) (Reply)

I Used Total Oil To Service My Toyota Sienna..is It Good / 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. / Does Anyone Have Camry 98 Workshop/repair Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.