Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos (30746 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed In Lagos On His Way To Work / Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by harley88(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
SoftP:
Thank God u came out alive’

Honda Pilot for a commercial vehicle!
Sounds suspicious & u should have known better.

This country is just a shadow of its former self

From charly boy, I have entered all manner of cars to VI ranging from Land cruisers with AC to hilux to Highlander.

Just spent 100k repairing my car so I can start driving again, can’t afford to be kidnapped and beaten abeg

God keep us all, Lagos ain’t safe

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
typo. Ogudu
olola4:
Where is Ogugu or Ogudu bus stop @op check

That's pathetic

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by asobo1: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
Pinkyposh:
Don't leave that early to work anymore, safety first
shocked That's Lagos for you. You just have to leave as early as possible to avoid gridlock.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
very pathetic .... you'll see them live large on peoples sweat
chatinent:
So sad. I am embittered that these same devils are people we see everyday and greet good morning...and they will smile and reciprocate.

The devil may be shocked at who sent some people to do things they do!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by brainpulse: 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
tola1006:
Sorry about your ordeal!! Your own story sounds more believable and it was a robbery case aka one chance and not a kidnapp as people always claim......this is very rampant in Lagos.

Pls avoid leaving home too early in the morning and stop hitch hiking random private cars,better go to the garage or order Uber.....if you can't afford it you can find people you can commute with and you can all share the cost...you will end up spending about same you are currently spending on transportation

Bros, it is still a kidnap o..........dic (Kidnap: the action of abducting someone and holding them captive against their will).

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
Indeed Good
Kinimajor:
God is good...Man
Some people head just too strong
Hallelujah to the great God we serve

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Amen!!!..
Thank you.

post=106252006:

We thank God for your life.
Non of your attacker will see beyond this year.
Calamity await them all.

All your lost possessions shall be recovered in due time.
Sorry for the very best experience.

Do you know this happen in those crowded busses as well, popularly called one Chance?
Just pray for God's absolute protection and guidance as you.go in and out daily.

We Rise.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Thank You!.

Ivanmykel:
So sorry for what you passed through. Lagos shaa, na God go save us for this obodo Nigeria. Why can't they just collect the victim's stuff and let them go? Why all the beating and manhandling?
Get well soon OP.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by avrilwisedata: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:
I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal and the things you lost. Track them as far as you can, you never know what might happen.
Were you the only legit passenger who boarded the vehicle from the bus-stop?
But, how do you plan on tracking them, if money wasn't transferred from your account to another and you didn't get the plate number?
With what eyes? sad I had a colleague who went through this exact ordeal on her way to work . She boarded the car from one of the bus stops on this same axis. May God continue to protect us all.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by JustcallmeFavou(f): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
May God continue to protect someone. This is to say it is very risky to enter all these private cars pretending to be going the same way as you. So sorry about what happened to you.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Damieadeh(f): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Glory be to God you came out alive. My kinded advice to people working on the Island and living in mainland is that they should all look for where to stay till Friday over there because this thing is rampant a lot of people have lost their lives with this experience. May God continue to keep us in his arm.
Sirpaul:
happened on the 24th of August 2021.

I was heading to work as usual, 6.00am, 6.05am, 6.10am that's my time frame almost everyday except for rainy days.

So, I got to Ogugu Bustop waiting for the next available car heading to Lekki, about 5 minutes later an Honda Pilot drove in calling Lekki with just the driver and a passenger unknown to me that these guys are four well dressed like bankers, so the two other guys were standing in crowd with others and they entered the vehicle so I did as well.

There's no way you could have noticed that these guys are criminals.
The car moved about 5 minutes away from the bus stop and they pointed gun at me immediately my spirit left and came back, they collected my bag, collected my phones, I was beaten blue black, one guy was busy hitting my knees with wheel spanner, the other was giving formatting slaps and knocks, he then massed robb and sand in my eyes........ Mhen the pain was unbearable...... They collected my ATMs, Phones, Laptop, The cash I had on me, Wallet, Wrist watch, ID cards and they moved 100k out of my account, as at that time I could barely see anything again but the driver was telling the guys at the back to kill me and throw me off the road..... In there I was saying my last prayers....... Only for them to stop and push me down the vehicle, peeps came to my rescue and I narrated my ordeal to them. Dropped me off at Ilupeju
It took me a week to recover my vision. As I speak I still feel pains mhennnn

This Is My Testimony!!!!

I'll update you guys how I was helped by the police and the amount I'll pay to track those guys....... E go shock you too

Stay Safe Guys!!!...

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Bigboy289(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
winterlover:

Bros Na first line of defence be that jare. Stop laughing in Buhari. Laugh in Trump
If to say na only one person, e 4 better. cheesy
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Klass99(f): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
smiley

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by winterlover: 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bigboy289:
If to say na only one person, e 4 better. cheesy
true ooo
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by TheWolfen(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
How can one beat Lagos hectic morning traffic if one don't leave home early for work?

Pinkyposh:

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by winterlover: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
blackburn77:

What good would a pepper spray or a small keyholder knife done in that situation? In the midst of 4 guys??. Would have probably made the situation more deadly
bros, Na at all, at all ooo. Make person get something at least.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Klass99(f): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Just thank God that those unscrupulous elements didn't waste you, next time be careful and super observant.

I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
tradepunter:
Security awareness

This is an old age tactics used by this criminals. They are now evolving by in cooperating a different look.

What people must understand is that you can never tell who's who... So taking an all out precaution is some what impossible.

What you can within your own capacity is always look to sit close to the windows be it at the back, middle and front.

Insist on having the windows down for your own convience, this act will throw the plans of the criminals into some sought of disarray because it's a new development.

If you are entering a private vehicle physically carry out inspection on the booth of the car, and doors and windows... Other passengers might be acting impatient but they will support silently with this act.

Situations requires some sought of evolution as the environment demands. Most of these car snatchers or car robbers operates by boxing the victim in the middle.

Also you study the rate at which vehicles are heading towards a destination... Therefore passengers have a limited time period they can stand.

So if you realize a passenger is standing beyond a standard time frame, walk away towards another bus stop that's outside his line of sight. Reason for this is to put him off from keep surveillance on you.

My years in the security field have made me realize majority of day to day people doesn't have any form of situation awareness. They live life the way it comes, which is not bad

But what they should realize is that Nigeria is in a bad state of security.... Just staring or looking apprehensive alone will put off the one Chance guys.

One Chance guys target those who are seriously absent minded...
true talk boss even walking late in the night or lonely path is another headache in this trying time.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by ADude(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Same happened to me 3years ago from gbagada heading to Cms. Guess what, it was the infamous yellow commercial bus. This guys operate in all vehicles people, all.
SoftP:
Thank God u came out alive’

Honda Pilot for a commercial vehicle!
Sounds suspicious & u should have known better.

This country is just a shadow of its former self
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

Precisely why I asked how he intends to track them.
There must be something he knows, that we don't. But, I wish him success in the tracking exercise, finding them is not impossible.
I hope your colleague is okay now and they didn't sexually assault her, for the brief moment they held her.

A lady in my church testified about her own ordeal and said while they held in the car and one person went to the ATM with her card, another was squeezing her boobs painfully and talking about raping her before they let her go.
Damn! that's too much, the government needs to wake up and do something about this ASAP before it escalate to something else.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by ADude(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
Pinkyposh:
how is 6am early pls?
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by bigpicture001: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
blackgold2018:
fool

We know one wen we see their comment! Guess ur mum is the cause of ur problems, go get paternity test... U belong to ur landlord!
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by blkmum700: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
@op

Please if you must leave early to work try and get yourself a power bike and ride it to work, kidnappers use all sort of cars these days.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tradepunter: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

Thank you for saying this. The hardship Buahri/APC has brought upon the land is so bad, a lot of folks now use their private vehicles for town service to supplement their income.

I have seen a woman using her Sienna to pick passengers along the road in VI on her way home, after work hours. Interestingly ,I saw the same woman on a different day picking up passengers in the morning on my way to work. Every now and then I see her in traffic or at bus-stops picking up passengers and I think to myself the hustle is real.

One Uber ride I took last week blew my mind to pieces, it was a very clean and neat Venza. So, fresh and clean I was even afraid to enter I looked at the car description on my app, to make sure the plate number matched the vehicle in front of me and it did. In the course of my trip the driver and I started gisting due to a radio programme we were listening to. Then I found out he had lost his job with Chevron and was using his vehicle for Uber to hold things down.

The people saying he should have known better than to enter a private car are so naive and clueless about the realities on ground now. That robbery incident was well planned, such that, even if you claim to be street smart and an alaye, they would have still scammed you. Planting part of the crew in the crowd of passengers awaiting a ride to work, would never have alerted anyone to the danger lurking round the corner nah!

I dey taya for people ITK on these streets, I swear !

The plan is never perfect because they run the risk of having other passengers outsmart or outmaneuver them to enter.

This is the opening you would use in getting out... If you gonna go past dozens of passengers and pick up pockets of guys along the same way then you should open your eyes.

If in an event your sense something and jump out they won't wanna risk blowing their cover because the process of getting another route and vehicle for their operations will significantly.

Passengers should learn the act of disrupting potential criminal operations by acting irrationally.... Like jumping out to say abge I wan piss, I wan piss... Or my belly dy pain me oo... It's a tradecraft that can save you.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Starz825(m): 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
billynoni:
Okay, what's really going on in that Lagos?... This is like the fifth news today, about early morning kidnapping, getting robbed and given serious beating. Sorry for your loss OP and may those men never experience anything called peace again.
Guyy...he be like na the serious beating aspect dey fear you pass... grin

God no go allow see such ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by writeobi1: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
Same happen to me but was Rob on a keke napep, but how much where u charge by the police to track ,and pls explain how they want to track those thief
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by billynoni(m): 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Starz825:

Guyy...he be like na the serious beating aspect dey fear you pass... grin

God no go allow see such ooo
Amen ooo, coz wtf! Put Robb and sand in person eyes and still be giving upper cut left right center. Face will now get swolen garri soaked in water.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by SirbobbyDgreat: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
Same thing happened to someone I know but this time it was around dopemu and the vehicle was a sienna bus.
They put pepper and robb in his eyes and collected his laptop, took him to the atm withdrew all his savings with enough dirty slap, they collected his phone too and actually it happened last month too

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
Lokojatoofar:
If they catch and lynch them now.....
This is why I will always support mob lynching. Because when these criminals get you, they have zero empahty.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
Amen!..
Damieadeh:
Glory be to God you came out alive. My kinded advice to people working on the Island and living in mainland is that they should all look for where to stay till Friday over there because this thing is rampant a lot of people have lost their lives with this experience. May God continue to keep us in his arm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Robbery In Ijaiye Lagos (photos) / Man Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen In Enugu, Hand Gets Chopped Off. Photos / Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.