Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,706 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? (32009 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Guyman02: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oga please go and see a therapist asap, how else will a mother bond with her baby after an excruciating 9 months with the labour involved.
Your past experience is haunting you and sadly you are transferring it to your family which can make life miserable for them.
For the sake of your mental health seek counseling and psychotherapy over the abuse you suffered as a child

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by WoundedLamb: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
fineboynl:
My friend who is almost 40years now him and her mother still kiss in the mouth. He is a spoiled child. Who sleep with anything in skirts. He doesn't even select class.

Then when he was 35. He was sick and I when to see him. I saw the mother kissing him In the mouth. It was so disgusted.

Your kid will get use to that kissing which is bad

Virtually every mum kissed thier kid this way at a point. You can't use your friend's case to generalize. Why not also stop her from breastfeeding the baby for the fear that he will get used to her breasts?

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
NurseJay:
Until the grab your cheek and bite you�
Chucky is not a baby! lipsrsealed
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by okine4real: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

Please I need advice from experienced parents.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.

its a battle you cant win. you both own the child. you can tell the mother not to kiss her child, pikin when she carry for belle for 9 good months... your reason is justified, but sorry, you are wrong on this one.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kestolove(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
U are mentally ill
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
Especially when she's cheating on you with other men . Mouthe she used to suck other men preek. Anyways you can codedly tell her kissing the baby on the lips can bring unwanted bacteria especially when the baby's immune system is still vulnerable. grin grin
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Skoonheid(f): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
I really pity your wife. She married a guy with arrested development, a psycho .

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Akharmony: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
i dont think you two are friends. Nah arrangee marriage una do abbi
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ahnie: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lolz Nairalanders are not smiling.pls pity the op.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by highoctane: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.
Does she likely have syphilis on her lips?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by skuribeebo: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Se ur wife get mouth odour ni?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Aidejay(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
I don't like that thing. Kissing children on the lips is a no no for me. You're not wrong to be disturbed, it's not a "normal" thing we've grown accustomed culturally and socially.
So in respect, you either adjust and accept it or you insist. Any choice you make, you should be able to stand by it no matter the outcome. Kissing on the cheeks, YES. Forehead; YES. Mouth; Never ever.

Lemme add that your wife kissing her son on the lips almost has no bearing on wether he might fall victim to molestation (god forbid). Creating an informed and educated environment with enough checks and balances works best.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by chatinent: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
It is almost impossible to stop a mother from kissing her own child; her tearful joy.

If it were prohibiting an outsider, it could be a different thing...but a wife? I don't think it can work.

Anyways, you may need to explain your ordeal with her. If you are disturbed about the abuse, you may re-decide if you want sb other than your immediate family to live with you.

But believe me, the kissing is never an issue from mother to son. If my wife doesn't even do that, I may have a reason to get worried translating it to a dearth of affection towards my child.

It is wrong normally to kiss a baby directly to the mouth...but in reality check, everybody in Nigeria was raised that way.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Bluffly: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong as it is her child.. that you were sexualy abused have left a scar in your memory but you have to deal with it..

Maybe you should let her understand your point of view rather than just prohibiting her authoritatively from the act...

Everybody loves the feel of the lips of babies bro.. don't be mad..
Absolutely wrong. What happened to kissing on the forehead and cheek. Will it have gone down well if it was a father kissing his baby girl mouth to mouth.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Clash01: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:

The teenage girl staying with us always see[b][/b]s my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

I wonder who marry this kain FOOL

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Aidejay:
I don't like that thing. Kissing children on the lips is a no no for me. You're not wrong to be disturbed, it's not a "normal" thing we've grown accustomed culturally and socially.
So in respect, you either adjust and accept it or you insist. Any choice you make, you should be able to stand by it no matter the outcome. Kissing on the cheeks, YES. Forehead; YES. Mouth; Never ever.
This is not about society or culture but nature and here you suggest that nature is not normal. Interesting. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Elporo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Officialgarri:
You speak like one who is married to a full time house wife who contributes nothing to the house other than cook, sex and take care of the baby.

U attend school but learned nothing.

Westerners whom you mirror and copy so much .. have a 60% divorce rate. In those divorces; a housewife was never disqualified for receiving 50% of a man's wealth.

In fact in the west; housewives have the juiciest divorce settlements.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Nicerazor(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
I kiss my son on the lips too but when my wife told me it’s not ideal to kiss baby on the mouth then I stopped.
Her reasons : Babies are fragile and can contact bacteria if you kiss them on the mouth and she doesn’t kiss him too. We either peck his check or forehead.
Their body can easily is still fragile and can’t find off germs as infants.
If I come back from office or gym I have to wash my hands or use sanitizer before carrying him.
This is health concerns/hygiene practices and not issue of sexual abuse.
Try to explain to her calmly and let her see reasons.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ehinmowo: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:

I think you are wrong. Those things strengthen mother-children bond
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by RockhouseCafe: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Officialgarri:
You speak like one who is married to a full time house wife who contributes nothing to the house other than cook, sex and take care of the baby.

I mean, what do you mean by "my son" as though the child belongs to you alone while she's only there to breast feed him and nothing more...

So full time house wife contributes nothings?

Do you know how much day care pays in Australia/Canada/USA? Taking care of children, cooking and house cleaning is more stressful than most jobs men do and l am a man.

Disabuse your mind!

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bluffly:

Absolutely wrong. What happened to kissing on the forehead and cheek. Will it have gone down well if it was a father kissing his baby girl mouth to mouth.
Good fathers have no qualms kissing their girls on the mouth either. https://www.quora.com/At-what-age-should-fathers-stop-kissing-daughters-on-the-lips-Or-was-it-ever-appropriate
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Gudbadguy: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hahahaha first time I'm hearing dat men suffer trauma with anything related to sex.most men will look back at the experience happily and wish to continue in the present

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Bluffly: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong as it is her child.. that you were sexualy abused have left a scar in your memory but you have to deal with it..

Maybe you should let her understand your point of view rather than just prohibiting her authoritatively from the act...

Everybody loves the feel of the lips of babies bro.. don't be mad..
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Elporo:
U attend school but learned nothing.

Westerners whom you mirror and copy so much .. have a 60% divorce rate. In those divorces; a housewife was never disqualified for receiving 50% of a man's wealth.

In fact in the west; housewives have the juiciest divorce settlements.
The Nigerian housewife receives what in the case of divorce? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by mibrims: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:

Boy or girl, kissing a toddler directly to their mouth is not hygienic, but your case with your family is different here., i is think you need help
Pls let mother and child be
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Gate050: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:

YES! You're wrong. You wife can do anything to your son and whatever she do, she knows is the right thing. Ok listen! I was once sick my mom bath me and I was 31 then with this long prick between my legs grin grin grin my sisters see it as normal. Can my dad do the same to my sister 24 of age? No! So let your wife do whatever.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Bluffly: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Good fathers have no qualms kissing their girls on the mouth either. https://www.quora.com/At-what-age-should-fathers-stop-kissing-daughters-on-the-lips-Or-was-it-ever-appropriate
It is not about being good or not but perceptions, thinking and judgement that woukd be passed nost especially by thier wives and the general public
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Gudbadguy:
Hahahaha first time I'm hearing dat men suffer trauma with anything related to sex.most men will look back at the experience happily and wish to continue in the present
Sexual abuse happens regularly to males too, right there in that Nigeria you live in. That you are blind to it does not mean it does not exist. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ikdaddy01(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Officialgarri:

I mean, what do you m[b]ean by "my son" as though the child belongs to you [/b]alone while she's only there to breast feed him and nothing more...
Gbam. I was wondering same thing
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ab1x: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
You are sick to say the least but she can use her mouth to clear your son mucus when his nose is blocked as a result of cold.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bluffly:

It is not about being good or not but perceptions, thinking and judgement that woukd be passed nost especially by thier wives and the general public
Perceptions of whom? Those in the household or those who you believe are out to judge your every moves? undecided

People will always have an opinion but so long as your conscience is clear, why worry? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Wife Says I Am Not Romantic After 10years Of Marriage / The moment you become a Mrs. / Divide ₦100,000 Between Your Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.