Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) (44657 Views)

Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide In Dubai By Falling Off Apartment / 35-Year-Old Man Electrocuted By Christmas Light Decorations In Delta (Photo) / Nigerian Man Dies In Indonesia After Falling Off The 9th Floor Of His Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Pimine: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Aswearugaaad

She was obviously not in active labour at that time which explains why there were no doctors or nurses attending to her.

The woman obviously slept off and rolled off the bed. I feel sad for her and her family but no one is to blame for her death. She could have also rolled over from her bed in her house and died too. sad
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by victorazy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
Iamvetlander:

I don't understand, was she suppose to be by her side all the time? There are other people there too. Do you even know if the woman is an epileptic pacient?

Everytime sue this sue that.

Congratulation. You've sowed a seed grin
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Eyinju112(f): 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
Why lay curses....
Is there any Goodnews out there? Everyday we turn on our radio or television all we see there is bad news....
God have mercy
JackDaAlienz:
either you are a sadist or serial killer in disguise.

The time and effort you take in scouting for bad news is unbelievable.
Only God knows the level of dark energy surrounding you.

Either you have a mental illness or you are possessed by an earthbound spirit who commited suicide and has refused to rest.
You might think this is cool for traffic to your website.
Be careful, the joy of looking for negative bad news will soon manifest in your household. And you will begin to see negative news manifesting in your life all around.
"Seek and Ye shall Find"
Continue SEEKING for bad news
Don't complain when all you FIND bad news all around you in real life.
Be careful

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by iscom(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
The story might not be true. It needs to be investigated.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
This country nawaoooo
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Gokoyer0(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Carry your woman go born in a sane environment, i bet you will shed tears for Nigeria. What a shithole of a country.

I wish the woman's family has some change to drag it with the hospital in the court of law.

May her soul rest in peace
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by cooooooks(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
I have healthcare workers in my extended family plus some young doctor friends.

Anything can kill you. From lack of light to pure negligence.

I really don't know how our people survive.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by seborrhic: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
iscom:
You would fear the playing to emotions and outright lies Nigerians tell just to pass the blame on other people when a loved one dies in the care of someone else.
So I ask assuming this story where to be believed:
the caregiver on returning sees d woman on d floor and d first thing that comes to her mind is to zip out her phone and snap,when d average person reaction would b to first shout in panic & fear then rush out to call d nurses?
Falling off from a bed of that height CANNOT on its own kill a healthy person,even if pregnant.
If she actually died as narrated,which I strongly doubt,she may have been eclamptic and fell off d bed in a fit.Death then ensued due to d eclampsia and not d fall & not due to negligence per se.
Or was she even dead from other issues health-wise or manipulated,again unrelated to negligence.
A good investigation should be done,though I doubt anyother finding rather than negligence would assuage the family and the blood thirsty mob already out with their knives to crucify the nurses.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A Pregnant woman in Labour has died after she allegedly fell off a delivery bed in the General Hospital in Ogwashi-Uku community in Delta state, Reports.

According to Reports, the deceased identified as Ann Nwabunor, was rushed to the hospital late at night to welcome her first child but the nurses on duty allegedly slept off after the lady’s caregiver went home to pick some delivery items. The caregiver returned to the hospital only to find the woman dead on the floor while the nurses were sleeping.

A Video recording of the incident As Sighted By , which has gone viral shows a light-skinned woman lying lifeless while the person behind the camera lamented over the ''lackadaisical'' attitude of personnel at Ogwashi-Uku General Hospital.

The State Government is yet to react to this development.

Watch The Video As Obtained By Below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUXXLfZA0iC/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

I heard this news report y'day on a radio station so this can't be "according to reports".

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by lexy2014: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
iscom:

It's not a social media story. It was reported on brila FM news yday
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by lexy2014: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
either you are a sadist or serial killer in disguise.

Either you have a mental illness or you are possessed by an earthbound spirit who commited suicide and has refused to rest.
Be careful, the joy of looking for negative bad news will soon manifest in your household. And you will begin to see negative news manifesting in your life all around.
"Seek and Ye shall Find"
Be careful

To make it worse, he steals stories and puts his name on it as if d story emanated from him

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by therajah: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Iamvetlander:

I don't understand, was she suppose to be by her side all the time? There are other people there too. Do you even know if the woman is an epileptic pacient?

Yes they should be sued. You read clearly the nurses were sleeping on duty!
If she's epileptic, more reason she should have special attention and care 24/7
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by GetMeRight: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
[s] either you are a sadist or serial killer in disguise.

"Seek and Ye shall Find"
Be careful
[/s]

Hehe! What are you blabbing about here? An incident happened and it was reported. But here you are, crying about the media house that reported it! You didn't even see the positive aspect of this which escalation?
Did responsible for this incident and others like this? Their reports are always aftermath, no need to attract attention to yourself.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by therajah: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kayberg:
General Hospitals…
That's carelessness at its peak.
Though they're humans and could sleep at any time.
But there is no excuse for this gross negligence as a life is concerned.
No sir. They cannot sleep anytime. They are on duty! They are paid. They've been home all day resting.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by eedimo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
And tomorrow some idiots would say Nurses are not treated nicely in Nigeria.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
People die in some hospital bcoz of their negligence…very useless set of people
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by iscom(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
lexy2014:

It's not a social media story. It was reported on brila FM news yday
yes, but they only broadcast what they heard.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by iscom(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
seborrhic:

You would fear the playing to emotions and outright lies Nigerians tell just to pass the blame on other people when a loved one dies in the care of someone else.
the caregiver on returning sees d woman on d floor and d first thing that comes to her mind is to zip out her phone and snap,when d average person reaction would b to first shout in panic & fear then rush out to call d nurses?
Falling off from a bed of that height CANNOT on its own kill a healthy person,even if pregnant.
If she actually died as narrated,which I strongly doubt,she may have been eclamptic and fell off d bed in a fit.Death then ensued due to d eclampsia and not d fall & not due to negligence per se.
Or was she even dead from other issues health-wise or manipulated,again unrelated to negligence.
A good investigation should be done,though I doubt anyother finding rather than negligence would assuage the family and the blood thirsty mob already out with their knives to crucify the nurses.
That's the truth.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by coolangel54(f): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
I gave birth to my first child in General Hospital, Ughelli, Delta State. According to what my husband and the nurses, they said I fainted when I was going to ease myself, and luckily I didn't fall on my tummy cos I was in labour then. I was immediately rushed to my bed and blood was given to me ASAP cos the nurses saw me and besides I wasn't the only one in the delivery room. Other women were there too.

It's so unfortunate that this woman died helplessly. I pray the baby survives
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by LofiLogic: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Iamvetlander:

See as u stupid like ur statement.
I brought my wife to your hospital so she could deliver her baby and she died due to ur negligence and I no go sue u bah. No b say d bed get side covers wey go prevent the woman from falling off ooh. Take ur time make ur wife no fall of for bed join
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Iamvetlander(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
LofiLogic:

See as u stupid like ur statement.
I brought my wife to your hospital so she could deliver her baby and she died due to ur negligence and I no go sue u bah. No b say d bed get side covers wey go prevent the woman from falling off ooh. Take ur time make ur wife no fall of for bed join

Oga must you insult me to pass your message.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Iamvetlander(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
coolangel54:
I gave birth to my first child in General Hospital, Ughelli, Delta State. According to what my husband and the nurses, they said I fainted when I was going to ease myself, and luckily I didn't fall on my tummy cos I was in labour then. I was immediately rushed to my bed and blood was given to me ASAP cos the nurses saw me and besides I wasn't the only one in the delivery room. Other women were there too.

It's so unfortunate that this woman died helplessly. I pray the baby survives

Thank God for you

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by lexy2014: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
iscom:
yes, but they only broadcast what they heard.

True but so far, no one has come out to debunk d story
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
seborrhic:

If a pregnant patient has eclampsia, would that patient require immediate medical attention? If she doesn't receive it, what would be d result and what is d treatment required for eclampsia?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by caandi: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Naija medical system is wack. Even as an health practitioner I can attest to this
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by PointZerom: 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
ChiefSosa:
RIP to her. The family should sue the nurses and the hospital.

Oga vetlander, we have nurses that work at different times of the day.
The nurses assigned to her at that time should be held responsible. A woman in such condition(either epileptic or not) should not be abandoned. Even if the nurses are not in the same room with her; they should be close by, so they can monitor and attend to her in case she's in any form of distress.

Those nurses sucks. Expecially those of them that have not given birth b4. I almost beat up one during the delivery of my last child for talking to my wife rudely.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Nktessy(f): 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
General hospital is the worst hospital someone can go for treatment. Once u make up your mind to get treated at the general hospital anywhere, you know it's 50 50. They always hv demonic doctors and nurses. I dislike that hospital with passion, even this one in ogwashi uku Delta state is the case study.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Aniediimeedet: 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
Iamvetlander:

Oga must you insult me to pass your message.

You are very stupid, not only insult,you need beating.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Aniediimeedet: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
ChiefSosa:
RIP to her. The family should sue the nurses and the hospital.

Oga vetlander, we have nurses that work at different times of the day.
The nurses assigned to her at that time should be held responsible. A woman in such condition(either epileptic or not) should not be abandoned. Even if the nurses are not in the same room with her; they should be close by, so they can monitor and attend to her in case she's in any form of distress.
He is very irresponsible to even allow that trash come out of his mouth.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by Aniediimeedet: 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
Iamvetlander:

Thank your god that you are not one of the nurses,you would have know the differences between to sue and to kill.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) by rickdaking(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
Even without opening the thread, I knew it would have been posted by cover himself .. chief executive of bad news only cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics / 661 New COVID-19 Cases Reported, 137 Discharged, 19 Deaths ,June 20 -2523 Tested / 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.