Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers (46735 Views)

Why Senators Didn’t Grill Wike — Akpabio / Peter Obi And Adedeji Adeleke Chatting At The Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery / Buhari, Amaechi & El-Rufai At The Commissioning Of Abuja Metro Rail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by OKKO(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2021
The OP poorly captured what Wike exposed about deep corruption and executive recklessness among Nigerian politicians using NDDC as a case model.
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by KayCee92(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2021
grin
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by nonhuman(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2021
Useless people
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by udemzyudex(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2021
J2381:
It's nice knowing this people have a sense of humour. However one have to wonder when did animals start possessing a sense of humour. grin

grin cheesy
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by RichAbujaGuy: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2021
Kind of below the dignity of ppl in high positions. Just my thoughts.
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by frankmoney(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2021
Not a fan of Wike ... But what Akpabio did was unnecessary and petty

3 Likes

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by frankmoney(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2021
OKKO:
The OP poorly captured what Wike exposed about deep corruption and executive recklessness among Nigerian politicians using NDDC as a case model.
as if Wike himself is not part of executive recklessness

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2021
Nothing to see here
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by OG1BABY(f): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2021
Okay
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2021
contigiency:
I watched it and was surprised how Wike could not even respect the presence of the vice president, but was there issuing threats like a motor pack tout.
It's normal for RIVERS STATE to have such Governors....

2 Likes

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Tapout(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2021
I like the part where he told Akpabio .."You must fulfill what you have promised!!"
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Princeton92(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2021
Two comedians
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by realstars: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2021
Wike Is An Old Timd Barron.
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by ebuclassic18(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2021
in the next two years u won't recognize that barracks they will turn it to dump site

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Bigchristo: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2021
J2381:
Very hilarious. A mind boggling question for the NDDC minister to answer there. "Where is his own 2.5 billion?".

But Wike should be careful with the way he issues threats. How can he say he will stop the minister from using that road if he (Wike) completes it.
Na you Dey help am fear that guy nor send anybody.
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Alitair(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Nackdemall:
If Buhari as a President is Useless , What about you as an ordinary citizen ?
What is the level of your Uselessness ?

Being in charge doesn't mean you are not useless. It also doesn't stand that a common citizen will be more useless than a post-holding citizen. Many political appointees are more useless than you are but your brain is useless to you if you can not comprehend that.

I come in Peace

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by aniblue(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2021
They're all together, forget the pdp/apc stuff.
Akpabio was a gov when wike was a minister, now wike is the gov and akpabio is the minister.....

Don't fight for them cos they're both eating from the treasury

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by RodgersAkpafu: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2021
Grace001:
They are all in the same class...

Oppressors
A good way to look at it

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Praxis758: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2021
This is called political evangelism
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Broveens42(m): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2021
contigiency:
I watched it and was surprised how Wike could not even respect the presence of the vice president, but was there issuing threats like a motor pack tout.

Lol. You want respect but you don't respect the feelings of the masses as VP, always pretending all is well and issuing statements like: nija is one, nija is reaching her full potentials etc
Abeg leave this politicians to enjoy their banter they are same

2 Likes

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Broveens42(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2021
OKKO:

Exactly. People will not talk about this because they can die for their corrupt politicians.

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by HONEHI: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2021
NDDC and the Ministry of Niger Delta are the most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. They go about undertaking fake and Phantom projects for people to see (eye service). While they owe their contractors and Landlords (in state branches) several millions of Naira, in fact some of the landlord have not received rents from the ministry for over five years. Some of their landlords are dead because of lack of funds for medical treatment while some still remain in hospital hanging on to life. Their Directors within the organisation cart away funds for payment of their contractual and rent obligations in the hope to frustrate the landlords, knowing fully well that the legal system in Nigeria is equally as corrupt and can be manipulated to ensure that cases brought could last several years. A big shame to Nigeria and all the so called leaders angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Buksaylor: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Broveens42(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2021
aniblue:
They're all together, forget the pdp/apc stuff.
Akpabio was a gov when wike was a minister, now wike is the gov and akpabio is the minister.....

Don't fight for them cos they're both eating from the treasury

You have common sense
That's all

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by OTaofik(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Dey are all useless people..masses shdnt fall for der stunts...
UncommonReports:
Wisecracks, Banters, Laughter As Buhari Commissions Police Barracks By Etim Etim

A packed audience of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Inspector General of Police, ministers, National Assembly members, the Interim Administrator of NDDC and directors, senior police and government officials, as well as religious and traditional leaders cracked up in laughter yesterday as Gov. Nyesom Wike and Senator Godswill Akpabio exchanged banters publicly at the commissioning of a police barracks in Omagwa, Port Harcourt.

The complex was built and donated by the Niger Delta Development Commission to the Special Protection Unit of the Nigeria Police Force.

Ordinary folks and community members, not used to such high-profile hilarity, could not contain their excitement. Even before the two men went up the podium to make their speeches, I could tell from my vantage position that their conversations were largely filled with some repartees, and Prof Osinbajo, seated between them, was enjoying their jokes.

Senator Akapbio started it all in his speech, saying that although Gov Wike were doing well as a governor; he would not acknowledge it publicly, "because he is not a member of APC." (Laughs.) Then he added, ‘’I will not even join the bandwagon of those calling for the governor to join APC. We have enough troubles in our party already’." (More laughter.)

Soon after, the governor had his turn. ‘’I thought we came here to commission this beautiful complex. I did not know that the minister was planning to turn the event into a political arena." (More laughter. Applause.)

The governor was not done. ‘’I cannot leave a place where I am having malaria to where I will get cancer," he continued, in an apparent reference to calls for him to join APC. The audience, led by Vice President Osinbajo, doubled up in more laughter.

Gov. Wike commended NDDC for completing the barracks and handing over to the police. ‘’I don’t know who leaked my secret plans to NDDC. Just seven months ago, I was planning to take over this place and complete it. But apparently the Commission got a hint of my plan and quickly mobilized contractors to site’," he joked.

The governor praised the Commission for a good job done, essentially returning the compliments which its chief executive, Mr Efiong Akwa, had paid him in his welcome remarks.

We had thought that the banters were all over until Prof Osinbanjo got on to the podium to read President Buhari’s speech. ‘’Well’’, the Vice President started with a smile, ‘’I will eventually settle the controversy between the governor and the minister at a later date…’’. The crowd roared.

The executive conviviality beamed live on national television was a clear indication that despite political differences, our leaders do share a good dose of friendliness. ‘’But we ordinary folks take our differences to the extreme. It should not be’’, a middle-aged man who sat by me said just before the police band struck the first note of the National Anthem to close the day's events.

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by nedekid: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
omowolewa:
Can't wait for Wike to join APC
Didn't you hear wike? He cannot leave where there is maleria to where he will be exposed to cancer. Cancer kills. grin

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by HIPROFILE(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
Likes for WIKE share for Akpabio

3 Likes

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Berezuski: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Wicked wike took Akpabio to the cleaner on this one
Strong man
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by bizzibodi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
Akpabio said he will not join other to invite wike to APC meanings he sees wike as a troublemaker.
But why is wike always issuing threat like Adolf Hitler?
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by bizzibodi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

It's normal for RIVERS STATE to have such Governors....
Are you implying that Rivers people are touts
Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by Dididrumz(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
contigiency:

What is wrong with You?

Did You not hear what the minister said to Wike in the presence of the vice president?

1 Like

Re: Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers by endy83: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
In his speech(wike) said Akpabio should return back to his formal party PDP,that it was pdp that made him what he is today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) / Who Will Be Nigeria's Next President Come 2019? (Pictured) / Omojuwa Mocks Fayose For Travelling To China(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.