Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

The North Don't Care We Should Care - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Don't Care We Should Care (129 Views)

99% Of People In Kano Won't Vote For Peter Obi, As North Don't Like Him - Lamido / 'Many People In The North Don't See Tinubu As A Muslim' (Pix) / Reno Omokri: Igbos In The North Don't Have Freedom Like Herdsmen In The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The North Don't Care We Should Care by timstone(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2021
North vs South...

I like the communique of Northern governors after their enlarged meeting.

I like that powerful traditional rulers also attended.

I like that they have told us pointedly that power is not going to rotate between the North and South.

I like that, before that, one of them told us that they have the votes to produce the next president and that if they do that heavens won't fall.

I like it because it will drum some sense into the South.

I like it because it tells the Yoruba and Igbo that they don't determine what happens in this country.

I remind Senator Oluremi Tinubu, who told the Igbo in the last general elections that they cannot be trusted. Her husband trusted the North.

Let's watch, wait and see.

Buoyed by their support, the president has put the North effectively in charge of this country.

I like the fight over VAT.

It's at the Supreme Court. But let me bet you, the South will lose it.

Not because they don't have enough grounds to canvas that they be allowed to collect it, but because the North took their time to gerrymander this country to their advantage while the Yoruba and Igbo hated themselves and acquiesced.

They have taken over all arms of government.

They are not just in government, they are the government.

They understand politics.

Middle Belt cannot be part of the South. Forget it. No matter the maltreatment, they regard themselves as Northerners. They are Northerners.

We make noise and speak big grammar, appearing on television to talk.

They meet and decide how far our big grammar can go.

We think they are fools and unintelligent.

They think we are fools and arrogant.

Yoruba see Igbo as their enemies. Igbo see Yoruba as their major challengers.

Today, we know better, I hope.

So, if we have sense, as we claim, time to wake up is now!

The North does not care.

We should care.

(1) (Reply)

Accra Wins UNESCO World Book Capital For 2023 / Baba And Amebo! � / Imo State Government To Commence Agro Based Masterclass For Imo Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.