Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Go And Study Your Algo And DS - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Go And Study Your Algo And DS (2060 Views)

DS / ML Engineer Needed / 9 Tips To Work And Study From Home || Guides.com.ng / Researchers Develop New Algo To Train Robots For Armies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2021
Something funny i saw

9 Likes

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by shegzhkn: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lol, where did you see it ??

I think I've seen the image on Medium.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Deicide: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
And after the interview you wouldn't see anything like that again when you actually working there undecided

2 Likes

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
Deicide:
And after the interview you wouldn't see anything like that again when you actually working there undecided

Personally my own take is as an Engineer you should still know it, especially when you move to bigger careers as you climb it is very important unless you shift to the Business side.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Deicide: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
qtguru:

Personally my own take is as an Engineer you should still know it, especially when you move to bigger careers as you climb it is very important unless you shift to the Business side.
I think it's more important to learn and understand design patterns.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
Deicide:
I think it's more important to learn and understand design patterns.

With some companies it's not up for discussions and it makes one a better developer. but depends on the job sha.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
I used to say that data structures and algorithms isn't important but na lie o. See as a junior to mid level Dev it's very very important to learn data structures and algorithms regardless of what you do. Let's even leave job aside, you need solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms to do your day to day job. Building solid infinite scrolls In react require you to know graph traversal very well and I am talking of small scale projects o not large projects that are serving millions of users.

Now even in platform Dev I used to tell qtguru that you don't need DSA thats a big lie. You need DSA to write efficient code in platforms even more than general development as this platforms are very restrictive with how data is pulled and manipulated. Take Salesforce for instance. Just two for loops will throw errors all over the whole code base and this is for a small org with like 20 contacts. Imagine working on a large org that has like 1 million contacts writing double and triple four loops. You won't last a week on the job.

I started learning DSA and taking it seriously and I implore every junior and mid level Dev to do so too. Not just for a bigger job or money but for your growth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I used to say that data structures and algorithms isn't important but na lie o. See as a junior to mid level Dev it's very very important to learn data structures and algorithms regardless of what you do. Let's even leave job aside, you need solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms to do your day to day job. Building solid infinite scrolls In react require you to know graph traversal very well and I am talking of small scale projects o not large projects that are serving millions of users.

Now even in platform Dev I used to tell qtguru that you don't need DSA thats a big lie. You need DSA to write efficient code in platforms even more than general development as this platforms are very restrictive with how data is pulled and manipulated. Take Salesforce for instance. Just two for loops will throw errors all over the whole code base and this is for a small org with like 20 contacts. Imagine working on a large org that has like 1 million contacts writing double and triple four loops. You won't last a week on the job.

I started learning DSA and taking it seriously and I implore every junior and mid level Dev to do so too. Not just for a bigger job or money but for your growth.

Exactly you get.

1 Like

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by parkervero(m): 1:54am On Sep 30, 2021
Learning algorithm will require you have some knowledge in discrete mathematics topics like logic, number theory, induction and recursion, cryptography, set, matrices, probability, graph, all bunch of topics that sum up to discrete mathematics. Learning them can be daunting. You will need them for design and analysis of algorithm, actually.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2021
parkervero:
Learning algorithm will require you have some knowledge in discrete mathematics topics like logic, number theory, induction and recursion, cryptography, set, matrices, probability, graph, all bunch of topics that sum up to discrete mathematics. Learning them can be daunting. You will need them for design and analysis of algorithm, actually.
Probably topics under discrete mathematics are hardcore programming topics on their own. Some programming languages don't even have loops so everything looping needs to be done with recursion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
parkervero:

Yeah I feel 6 months is okay however if you want to learn for interviews you can learn some, most companies repeat the same question or use code-recruitment.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2021
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
Syncy:

Hi qtguru.
Do you mind if I try the Yoruba translation gig?

Already sent someone, but I will let you know if anything changes.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 08, 2021
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by qtguru(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
Syncy:

OK.

Please, how do I bypass purchasing a product key to activate Microsoft Office?
The apps are refusing to work without the activation.

go to DirectOnPC but mine is paid because it is 3k monthly for Family plan

1 Like

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
qtguru:
Something funny i saw
I seems to understand you deeper than you think,I know your challenges and I would have been of help but I pray your woman understands you perfectly and help feel your void.Oya show us your six packs na abi you just dy go gym without six packs?in response to your diary updates. You overwork yourself too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
wahalla no dey finish for this programming.... there's just a ton of things to learn. I code day and night but each time I say make I chuke eye for here na different things to learn just yakpa

1 Like

Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by valzey(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Probably topics under discrete mathematics are hardcore programming topics on their own. Some programming languages don't even have loops so everything looping needs to be done with recursion.

I don't really like the idea of doing everything with recursion unless the requirement is baked into the language. Languages like Haskell make functional programming a requirement. And there's even a trade-off because function calls are expensive and recursion is not exactly easily readable. I like the approach of JavaScript, different approach for different problems. Sometimes array.map(iterative) makes sense, other times you need array.forEach(iterative) and other times you need array.reduce(recursive). when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Buy the idea of pure functions is cool because it makes automated testing way easier since you try to avoid side effects in your functions but at some point you'll need to write to db and that's a side effect you can't avoid.
Re: Go And Study Your Algo And DS by 3exe3: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
Can anyone do a quick tutorial on induction and recursion

(1) (Reply)

Caeser Cipher / I Need Final Year Project Idea For Computer Science Related 2 Andriod App / Public API For Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.