Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry (67858 Views)

Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / 22-Year-Old Man Marries His 48-Year-Old Oyibo Girlfriend At Ikoyi Registry Lagos / Groom With 6 Packs Removes His Clothes To Dance For His Bride. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Lightorder: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2021
I HATE dreadlocks but the dreadman hasn’t done anything wrong here. He is an adult. Besides, he hasn’t contravened any law

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by olumike001(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Until people understand that your appearance doesn't necessarily determine your character.

What is wrong in having dreadlocks

What is right about having it?

2 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by derecho(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2021
ElValiente:
African and ignoramus ferifera. If that's the doctor that can operate him on his sick bed will he reject him. Yeye dey smell.
How many responsible doctors you don see with that kain yeye hairstyle... Except say na babalawo.

2 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by cococandy(f): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2021
sammirano:

Whether you like it or not, there something called moral standards. I guess some dont even know that

Explain the morality in hair .

4 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by gidado14(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2021
Kayzy8:
Marriage registrar at Ikoyi registry refuses to wed groom because of his deadlocks.

The groom and his friend Ubi Franklin, who was there to support the groom, had to go out to buy a traditional cap for the man to wear over his suit to cover his dreadlocks before he was allowed to wed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Avglowrvo0

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUZpuBsgs60/?utm_medium=copy_link
hmmm if na you nko will give your Daugther's hand in marriage looking like that?

2 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Kingstanding: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
How does that affect a wedding? A dreadlock is not something bad or immoral.
. We claimed to be too holy than thou in this country and whereas we are hypocrite, Pharisees and saducces. And the person that refused to join them together might be oga patapata for thief. The couple's should sue the registrar of the registry.Use country with sets of use leaders.
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by tarantino1: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2021
sammirano:

Whether you like it or not, there something called moral standards. I guess some dont even know that

Oya tell me what is morally wrong in carrying dreadlock. Mr I too know
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2021
Lanretoye:
[s]If na me be the registrar i go still insist...until he go barb am[/s]
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Sirmuel1(m): 10:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Pumpumking:

CORK?? is that all i tink about? was wrong wit u home babes womens for gosh sake?
so insted of critisizeing a racist pastor...u come her talkin about priiick not good for u.. Darling are u ok please?? (shakin my head wit disapointments) angry

Oga, I shame for you
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by BafanaBafana: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2021
sammirano:

So moral standards is how you keep hair?
These men in the picture are
1. Hushpupi a fraudster
2. Kabiru Sokoto, boko haram terrorist
3. Evans, kidnapper, armed robber/international criminal
4. Invictus Obi, international fraudster.
They must have high moral standards in your opinion

2 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by derecho(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Lightorder:
I HATE dreadlocks but the dreadman hasn’t done anything wrong here. He is an adult. Besides, he hasn’t contravened any law
The same way a child going about with a dangerous weapon should be overlooked until he wreaks havoc.
Forget what people want us to believe that it doesn't matter.It does.
In most cases, a person's decisions and what they display is a snippet of who they are inside.
The guy's hairstyle indicates who he is.
If he hasn't contravened any law, the registry won't refuse to wed him.You honestly think it's lawful to wed someone deemed mentally unstable?
All they need is ask him to prove he isn't a madman.

4 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by ejimatic: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Kayzy8:
Marriage registrar at Ikoyi registry refuses to wed groom because of his deadlocks.

The groom and his friend Ubi Franklin, who was there to support the groom, had to go out to buy a traditional cap for the man to wear over his suit to cover his dreadlocks before he was allowed to wed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Avglowrvo0

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUZpuBsgs60/?utm_medium=copy_link
. Nigerian constitution does not empower marriage officers at the registry to turndown intending couples from marrage because of their dresses or they refuse to kiss each other.By the time a legal firm institutes a case with
those officers heads will roles in Ikoyi registry . Regrettably those who put them in the offices will deny and blame them.

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by sammirano: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2021
tarantino1:

Oya tell me what is morally wrong in carrying dreadlock. Mr I too know

If you want to know what is morally wrong, go to zenith bank hq for an interview with that.

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Lanretoye:
If na me be the registrar i go still insist...until he go barb am

Your mumu never do?
I don't have dread and not planning to have one but wetin concern you?
Na your marriage?
Na your sister?
Na your head them put thr dread ontop?
Abi which kain wahala be this
All of you this over sabi people

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Angelfrost(m): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2021
sammirano:

I tell you.stupid people everywhere. Obviously, this one marriage wont last 6months, na the stupid girl wey marry am i sorry for.

On the contrary, na their marriage dey last pass with so much joy and bliss...

No be clean shaven and well dressed guys dey batter their women, dey cheat on them??!... How exactly is a person's true nature in his choice of hairstyle.

Guy abeg, upgrade from that reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by AyeMoJuba: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Until people understand that your appearance doesn't necessarily determine your character.

Socrates once proved that to appear to be just is more stronger than being just without appearing to be so.

Appearance is therefore more important in determining everything

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by spinojay(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
Our mentality is nothing to write home about. What business does a dreadlock has to doing with a wedding. Or is the wife complaining ? The person that refused to we'd that young man is not holier than the groom.

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Decent09(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
Demigod22:
The video is actually funny. But on a serious note, the dreadlocks have nothing to do with the guy's character. We Africans tend to attach importance to things that are not necessary.

If he no wear clothes nko
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by sammirano: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
derecho:
How many responsible doctors you don see with that kain yeye hairstyle... Except say na babalawo.

grin grin. No mond them, people wey no finish secondary school, go dey get opionion.

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
olumike001:

What is right about having it?

You can ask this stupid question about anything in this world. What's right about the hairstyle you have now? What's right about the shirt or shoe you're wearing. What's your business what hairstyle a grown man chooses to rock? Why is this country filled with little fascists?

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by derecho(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2021
cococandy:

Explained the morality in hair .

morality

noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.

synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, correctness, ethicality, virtue, goodness, good behaviour, righteousness, rectitude, uprightness, morals, principles, honesty, integrity, propriety, honour, justice, fair play, justness, decency, probity, chasteness, chastity, purity, blamelessness, moral standards, moral code, principles of right and wrong, rules of conduct, ethos, mores, standards, ideals

I just lifted the above from Google.
The bolded parts can help you see the "morality" in hairdos.

If you were to talk about spirituality, it's a different ball game.

A decent person doesn't go about as an urchin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:43am On Sep 30, 2021
derecho:
The same way a child going about with a dangerous weapon should be overlooked until he wreaks havoc.
Forget what people want us to believe that it doesn't matter.It does.
In most cases, a person's decisions and what they display is a snippet of who they are inside.
The guy's hairstyle indicates who he is.
If he hasn't contravened any law, the registry won't refuse to wed him.You honestly think it's lawful to wed someone deemed mentally unstable?
All they need is ask him to prove he isn't a madman.

You're a brain-dead mooron. What is the relationship between a hairstyle and a child carrying dangerous weapons? And fellow window-licking moorons like you actually "liked" your imbecilic post. grin I swear this forum reveals why black people have the lowest IQ in the world and are destined to be the pits of every single society they inhabit. A lack of critical thinking and adults who treat each other like children. Tufiakwa.

4 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Fiscus105(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2021
Lanretoye:
If na me be the registrar i go still insist...until he go barb am

Ur appearance will tell 85% of ur character

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Amadi84: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Sue the registrar

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by DonroxyII: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
I only pity the woman little wonder she will take him to her parents for blessing.
God forbid Uselessness... The Hair wey mad and Psycho Skonskon people dey keep now become vogue ....

Devil is enjoying Himself and having a Field Days in ..........

There must definitely be heaven to separate Good ones from the odd ones ....

But how Devil tey enter Paradise and collabo with eve to chop Apple and feed Adam is still a mystery to me ....

What Assurance that Devil won't still sneak from hell and poison Many Eves to Feed many Adams to get evicted from Heaven
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2021
Backwardness is affecting everything in this country.

If to say na me be the groom, dem go know me for that place.

Mad people.

1 Like

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Fiscus105(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2021
[quote author=ejimatic post=106306698]. Nigerian constitution does not empower marriage officers at the registry to turndown intending couples from marrage because of their dresses or they refuse to kiss each other.By the time a legal firm institutes a case with
those officers heads will roles in Ikoyi registry . Regrettably those who put them in the offices will deny and blame them. [/quote

Constitution allow them to bar, intending couple if they notice either of them is not marriageable age, from same family, married before or mentally unstable, in this scenario the guy appear to be like mad man
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by derecho(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2021
spinojay:
Our mentality is nothing to write home about. What business does a dreadlock has to doing with a wedding. Or is the wife complaining ? The person that refused to we'd that young man is not holier than the groom.
So it's okay if the wife is not complaining?
Unfortunately, her opinion ends in their room.Where their freedom ends is where the other man starts. Just that the world has become the way it is.Any normal girl should be ashamed to present a guy like this as a suitor because no sane in-law would overlook that nonsense hairstyle. It's a different thing if it's a deformity. But that you have the boldness to come to my house with that hairdo speaks volumes.
The girl parents suppose dey cry sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by cococandy(f): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2021
derecho:

morality

noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.

synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, correctness, ethicality, virtue, goodness, good behaviour, righteousness, rectitude, uprightness, morals, principles, honesty, integrity, propriety, honour, justice, fair play, justness, decency, probity, chasteness, chastity, purity, blamelessness, moral standards, moral code, principles of right and wrong, rules of conduct, ethos, mores, standards, ideals

I just lifted the above from Google.
The bolded parts can help you see the "morality" in hairdos.

If you were to talk about spirituality, it's a different ball game.

A decent person doesn't go about as an urchin.

Nothing you copied and pasted here shows how hair can be good or bad.

“Decency” according to whose standards? The white man who thinks Afro hair is unkempt and needs to be cut off or straightened to resemble European standards in order to be considered proper and appropriate?
Smh
#inthesunkenplace

2 Likes

Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Dripgeorge: 11:01am On Sep 30, 2021
The guy be looking bomatifide.... The registrar bin dey fear
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by Psoul(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2021
Pumpumking:
#

the pastor is a racist!! angry

Hater of Pastors and Christ.
In ur village, I hope it's Pastors that conduct marriages in Court Registry.
Meanwhile, what has racism got to do with two persons of the same race?
Mtcheeewwww. Go and get educated.
Re: Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry by DonroxyII: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Your appearance determine your personality .... That Janjawee Dreadlocks shows He is Impaired to me, some nuts and bolts are definitely missing from his Brain ....... Business or any significant relationship with such a person is an indication to me that I'm dealing with someone that has potential of being Mad or Frenzy ..... It's like you are dealing with a gangstar !

You don't want to meet Dangote or Federal Executive Council on non entertainment contract with such an unkempt Hair ... They will see you as Scammer ....

I will be more cautious too !

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is What A Desperate Single Lady Posted On A Facebook Group / Man Who Makes A Fortune Selling Crayfish In Abuja Recently Got Married(Photos) / I Broke Up With The Perfect Guy Because His Manhood Was Too Small

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.