Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari (4224 Views)

Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting / Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by aljharem3: 2:20am On May 29, 2011
PRESIDENTIAL Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), in the April 16 general elections, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday said he would not honour the official swearing-in ceremony of President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja today.

Buhari’s absence, according to him, would register his dissatisfaction with the conduct of the elections in the South East and South-South zones of the country.

He faulted the stamp of approval given to the poll by both local and international observers, challenging them to come out and state clearly their findings in the Southern part of the country. He also wondered why observers would declare the elections as the most transparent in the history of the Nation, despite what he considered as “electoral irregularities.”

According to him, “people who said that the 2011 election was an improvement over the 2007 election can voice their opinions as they are entitled to theirviews, but it is on record that I challenged them to state what they found out in the southern part of the country and up till now, they could not provide a detail reports on how the election was conducted in the South-South, South-East and South-West, where he alleged that high irregularities and fraud were recorded during the poll.”

The former Head of State is already challenging the outcome of the elections at the Presidential Election Tribunal. Speaking in a British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa Service interview, monitored in Jos, Buhari said that although a formal invitation letter was sent

to him through the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) last week, he replied to indicate his unwillingness to attend the event.

“They sent me an invitation letter and card from the offices of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and the agency of government responsible for the welfare of past leaders of the country, whether military or civilian, to attend activities marking the inauguration of the president in Abuja and I asked them to reply that I will not be able to attend the occasion,” he said.

Conceding, however, that the CPC was not well rooted in the southern part of the country, Buhari said the party had larger following in the northern part of the country. He said “It is true that we have more supporters in the north more than we have in the south, but we still have our supporters in the south. Again it is also factual that our supporters in the south were either driven away from the elections or some even killed, which we have documentary evidences, which will make available at the appropriate time. But since the matter is before the Tribunal, I would rather not make detailed comments on it.”

According to him, the CPC would continue to contest the result of the election at the Tribunal hoping for what he called “justice.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49562:why-i-wont-attend-jonathans-inauguration-by-buhari&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Nobody: 2:24am On May 29, 2011
Its his right.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by hakunajay(m): 4:15am On May 29, 2011
Who beg am? Abi him de take style fear those 500 witches? Kai! I no pit shout!
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by hooged: 5:29am On May 29, 2011
who dey even want am self.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by joecrack(m): 5:51am On May 29, 2011
Whats our biz,if u attend or dont.
Let him be talking of irregularities in SS & SE.he wouldn't comment on the fact that over half of his votes in the north were from underaged almajiris.
See who's saying his supporters being chased away in the south,when corp members told us cpc supporters hijacked the process in the north,forcing and threatening people to vote for buhari.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:35am On May 29, 2011
Ayatollah Buhari-Bin-Laden's refusal to attend the inauguration of the president who soundly defeated him[i] and his Jihad agenda [/i] at the last Nigerian national elections MUST be regarded with great suspicion, and as a possible indication that Buhari-Bin-Laden has organized a suicide bombing of the venue, and therefore does not want to be present when the shrapnel flies.

In the event that a terror attack DOES occur at the upcoming Nigerian presidential inauguration, the IMMEDIATE arrest of Buhari-Bin-Laden MUST be ordered, to place that bigoted cretin before a competent court of law, such as the one tailor-made for genocide instigators and torturers, located in the Hague, Holland.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Arrowman(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2011
buhari can not claim that rigging was only done in the SS,SW and SE becos i was also forced to vote for CPC during the election not only presidential but even house of assembly and the rest.so let him stop complaining of rigging cos its was done in almost every polling centre in the north.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Johndoe100(m): 7:07am On May 29, 2011
Poor coup plotting jihadist vampire. It must suck to be a perpetual loser.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by karlmax2: 7:14am On May 29, 2011
I challenged them to state what they found out in the southern part of the country and up till now, they could not provide a detail reports on how the election was conducted in the South-South, South-East and South-West, where he alleged that high irregularities and fraud were recorded during the poll.”

Buhari why don't u charge the international community to court for saying the truth! He is looking for expo for election tribunal were he has already stated losing!!! I won't be suprise if some fools would say they have been bribed mchewwwwwwwwww
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Nobody: 7:29am On May 29, 2011
he is afraid of being arrested for inciting those northern islamic fools
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Sparkle777(f): 8:16am On May 29, 2011
Tot this perpertual loser said he wouldnt contest the results. Like I said in a previous post. The vicious circle must continue, he would lose then come back to contest and lose again to still contest and so on. Peradventure, God forbids he ever win, south south and south east are doomed. Jihad will be unleashed. Buhari, pls take a cue from Obj and go back to school.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Nairaboi(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2011
U guys shud stop beefing Buhari and face some truth. This is Nigeria n we are playing the politics in it.would anyone an inuaguration of an election that he is fighting in court? That means accepting the result. My prayer is he comes out to advice the North to be tolerant so we can build a greater Nigeria.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Jakumo(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2011
Sparkle777:

Tot this perpetual loser said he wouldn't contest the results. Like I said in a previous post. The vicious circle must continue, he would lose then come back to contest and lose again to still contest and so on. Peradventure, God forbids he ever win, south south and south east are doomed. Jihad will be unleashed. Buhari, pls take a cue from Obj and go back to school.

Please do not deny Ayatollah Buhari-Bin-Laden his destiny as an endemic and continuous election LOSER, and court-case LOSER.

Ayatollah Buhari enjoys the thrill of losing intensely , so he MUST be allowed this small pleasure for as long as he lives. Let Buhari LOSE in peace, please. That is his birthright, his legacy and his fate as written in stone by the prophets of old.

I repeat, let Buhari LOSE in peace. Thank you.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On May 29, 2011
Inviting him was just out of courtesy and demand of protocol as a former military ruler,  . .they know he is too bitter a man to honour such invitation.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Winnerslfc(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2011
Lol.
And who wouldn't mind if thou attendest or not. Knowest thou not that Nigerians don't even give a damn about people like thee. A god has spoken.
Thou criest? Ho! Go get thy family to weep with thee.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Winnerslfc(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2011
Lol.
And who wouldn't mind if thou attendest or not. Knowest thou not that Nigerians don't even give a damn about people like thee. A god has spoken.
Thou criest? Ho! Go get thy family to weep with thee.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by kokogee: 11:07am On May 29, 2011
Great! What is he going there to do? Is it to celebrate corruption, cluelessness, power failure, bad roads, unemployment or wasting N1billion on hading over from GEJ to GEJ?
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by OmoTier1(m): 11:19am On May 29, 2011
Folks, lets be objective in our postings.

Which of you will gladly accept a marriage invitation of a man who once raped your sister or wife?

Just 'cos we are a beneficiary of evil today does not mean same evil won't hurt us tommorrow. STAY PUT IN TRUTH AND REFUSE TO COMPROMISE THE TRUTH.

Jonathan would have won the election without rigging but he never trusted nigerians and he decided to play the old game using front men while he looked the other way.

God bless Nigeria and I wish GEJ well.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:33am On May 29, 2011
buhari bad belle man. he can go hug a transformer for all i care. enemy of progress and a religious bigot. angry
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by jaymdee(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2011
Oga, your attendance or not, makes no difference in the scheme of things. I don't know why it is so hard for you to accept your position in the history books of Nigeria. That's where you belong. Just stay there and wait for the bookworms to feast on you. Haba. Chineke ne kwanum o
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by yesboss20(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2011
And what else should we expect frm da general(rtd)? Crying over spilt milk innit?
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by gernded(m): 11:57am On May 29, 2011
kokogee:

Great! What is he going there to do? Is it to celebrate corruption, cluelessness, power failure, bad roads, unemployment or wasting N1billion on hading over from GEJ to GEJ?

Brother he is not called to celebrate but to inaugurate , LOL HABA SPEAK ENGLISH YOU NO FIT UNDERSTAND YOUNO FIT WETIN SELF?UP GEJ UP NORTHERN NIGERIA,UP NDIGBO UP ODUA PEOPLE LET'S INAUGURATE OUR 15th PRESIDOOOOOOOO.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by chinaaman(f): 11:59am On May 29, 2011
please anyone watching the inauguration on line, how can l get it ?
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by kokogee: 12:54pm On May 29, 2011
gernded:

Brother he is not called to celebrate but to inaugurate , LOL HABA SPEAK ENGLISH YOU NO FIT UNDERSTAND YOUNO FIT WETIN SELF?UP GEJ UP NORTHERN NIGERIA,UP NDIGBO UP ODUA PEOPLE LET'S INAUGURATE OUR 15th PRESIDOOOOOOOO.

I wonder why sm ppl chose to be daft! If u don't know, May 29 in Nigeria starting from 1999 is democracy day celebrated every year while it is combined with inauguration of newly elected/selected political office holders every 4 years. There4, today May 29,2011 is meant for celebration of 12 year(which was characterised by mismanagement of Nigeria resoueces by PDP led government) of democracy day and the inauguration of newly elected/selected political office holders.

Also, u need to go and study your government txt bk very well as it seems u don't know the difference btwn a president and an Head of State, which made u to call GEJ 15th president of Nigeria.

Learn to understand a statement b4 passing a foo-lish comment.

Thank u.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by gernded(m): 12:57pm On May 29, 2011
kokogee:

I wonder why sm ppl chose to be daft! If u dont know, May 29 in Nigeria starting from 1999 is democracy day celebrated every year while it is combined with inauguration of newly elected/selected political office holders every 4 years. There4, today May 29,2011 is meant for celebration of 12 year(which was characterised by mismanagement of Nigeria resoueces by PDP led government) of democracy day and the inauguration of newly elected/selected political office holders.

Also, u need to go and study your government txt bk very well as it seems u dont know the difference btwn a president and an Head of State, which made u to call GEJ 15th president of Nigeria.

Learn to understand a statement b4 passing a foo-lish comment.

Thnak u.

STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF OKAY , THE FUNDAMENTALIST BUHARI WAS INVITED FOR INAUGURATION NOT FOR CELEBRATION THAT IS THE POINT HERE ODE.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by kokogee: 1:08pm On May 29, 2011
gernded:

STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF OKAY , THE FUNDAMENTALIST BUHARI WAS INVITED FOR INAUGURATION NOT FOR CELEBRATION THAT IS THE POINT HERE ODE.

A myopic foool like u! What do I av to educate u about than to tell u to go and study ur book well bcs ur shallow mentality would neva allow u to see beyond ur nose.

Take care
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by afolabom: 1:13pm On May 29, 2011
So what diff will that make?
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Odunnu: 1:25pm On May 29, 2011
Abi o?
Hasnt myGEJ been sworn in without his 'awesome' presence?
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Bensonite: 2:05pm On May 29, 2011
gernded:

Leave Kokogee alone he is jihadist. He dines with the killers of corps members so does not have a place here. GEJ has defeated Buhari flat and you cannot change it. Call it inauguration or celebration it doesnt matter so long as Buhari is not there shekena.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by kokogee: 2:35pm On May 29, 2011
Bensonite:

Leave Kokogee alone he is jihadist. He dines with the killers of corps members so does not have a place here. GEJ has defeated Buhari flat and you cannot change it. Call it inauguration or celebration it doesnt matter so long as Buhari is not there shekena.

U can say whatever u like. There is nothing better than to ignore ppl like u bcs no matter what u'll neva open your eyes to reality. Ppl killed in the north is a clear evidence that there is no security in this country; or is it Buhari that said soldiers should massacre senior police officers in Lagos; or he(Buhari) made our electricity worse shortly after GEJ won elections. SMH 4 Nigerians.

I WISH U ALL 4 YEARS OF FRESH AIR!!!
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 29, 2011
I dont know why this is news

Buhari has never attended anybody's innauhuration since he started loosing elections in 2003. The man is too sad for such grace.

I would consider it news if Buhari attends, now that he has not it is Buhari's norm and should not be news.
Re: I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari by Beaf: 2:57pm On May 29, 2011
The only animals attending are the bomb sniffer dogs, they are all well trained. We don't need an untrained beast of the type Buhari represents anywhere near Eagle Square. Thank you. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Bode George, Agagu Join ACN? / Dakuku Peterside Looses His Ward To Nyesom Wike / Outrage In Abia Over Ikpeazu’s ‘relocation’ Of Govt House To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.