Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,145 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. (29499 Views)

How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank / Pls Help My Money Was Transferred / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
Congrats
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by DSC7: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Dats nice... Congrats.... cool

Oya do small giveaway i no get big eyes...
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by RoyalBoutique(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Nice....always seek for knowledge.....knowledge is power

You see why always say as a real niggar You must smoke some weed, bang enough pussy, drink enough bottles, do some bombing to make enough dope money and seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Thursday

How does this relate to o anything?

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by DSC7: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Congrats

Sup brotherly.....
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Nwachi22(f): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
demmy66:

Please link us up with the thread... Lets us learn

https://www.nairaland.com/6774038/rejection-old-dollar-notes-experience
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by chujornwa(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
This is commendable of nairaland, solving problems..
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by SunnyOG738(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
Livelystone01:
So I went to the bank (First bank in PH) to engage in foreign exchange transactions on Monday 26th September, 2021 but on getting home, I discovered that one of the bills they gave me was an old one of 2004 which I didn't check at the bank as i was in a hurry, I only discovered when I got home.

I became worried when i discovered it because one BDC guy told me months ago that they don't collect any bill that is older than 2009. I made up my mind to try to pay it into my domiciliary account (UBA) instead, but I still had fears that they may reject it. I was restless that afternoon until I came to nairaland and saw a thread about one nairalander who had same issue and sorted it out due to a CBN memo released concerning that issue. The news gave me confidence and I just jejely donwloaded the memo asap just in case.

So today I finally went to pay in the money to my account and confidently sent them the memo as they were saying they wouldn't collect it at first. They actually did after much noise but i didn't care lol.

Special thanks to the person who made that thread, you just made my day more beautiful.

Special thanks to nairaland for creating this platform that has helped me with the right info in more ways than one, especially in the right moments.

Please mods push this to front page to help others out on this issue.

Here is the link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/6774038/rejection-old-dollar-notes-experience
Congratulations
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by wisdomkid: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Nice....always seek for knowledge.....knowledge is power

You see why always say as a real niggar You must smoke some weed, bang enough pussy, drink enough bottles, do some bombing to make enough dope money and seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Thursday

This your comment dey so far from OP, I think you're promoting sin. What has knowledge gained from Nairaland by OP is as a result of "smoke some weed, bang enough pussy, drink enough bottles"?

I dey too tire to drag for nairaland abeg
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
900warriorz:
I want to sort my money too

What happened to your money bro?
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
as you nairalanders helped in sorting this out! kindly sort out my starvin/sapa issue! Jus 500h kud save a generation! Thanks 3813011916 Eco ikechukwu
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
MikeMicheal:
I have year 1995 dollar bill, are you saying they will collect it?

I dont know o.

Mine was 2004 sha.

But if your money is not fake, try the banks name. One thing I know is that BDC will not collect it but if you have a domiciliary account, just pay it in shikenah
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by ejimatic: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Livelystone01:
So I went to the bank (First bank in PH) to engage in foreign exchange transactions on Monday 26th September, 2021 but on getting home, I discovered that one of the bills they gave me was an old one of 2004 which I didn't check at the bank as i was in a hurry, I only discovered when I got home.

I became worried when i discovered it because one BDC guy told me months ago that they don't collect any bill that is older than 2009. I made up my mind to try to pay it into my domiciliary account (UBA) instead, but I still had fears that they may reject it. I was restless that afternoon until I came to nairaland and saw a thread about one nairalander who had same issue and sorted it out due to a CBN memo released concerning that issue. The news gave me confidence and I just jejely donwloaded the memo asap just in case.

So today I finally went to pay in the money to my account and confidently sent them the memo as they were saying they wouldn't collect it at first. They actually did after much noise but i didn't care lol.

Special thanks to the person who made that thread, you just made my day more beautiful.

Special thanks to nairaland for creating this platform that has helped me with the right info in more ways than one, especially in the right moments.

Here is the link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/6774038/rejection-old-dollar-notes-experience
. Continue to enjoy the benefit of functional literacy .... Congrats

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nwachi22:

https://www.nairaland.com/6774038/rejection-old-dollar-notes-experience
Thank you for showing the link to the thread.
Many blessings.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
ejimatic:
. Continue to enjoy the benefit of functional literacy .... Congrats
Thanks bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by MikeMicheal(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
Livelystone01:

I dont know o.

Mine was 2004 sha.

But if your money is not fake, try the banks name. One thing I know is that BDC will not collect it but if you have a domiciliary account, just pay it in shikenah
Ok boss
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
MrImole:
Where is your tithe?
Lol, funny enough I pay my tithe o.
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by aylipple: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
I since came to the conclusion that the problem confronting many Nigerians is ignorance/lack of (access to) proper information/refusal to be abreast of current happenings.

During that mandatory N50 charge on every POS transaction & the subsequent decision to reverse same following widespread outcry against the policy, I was in Lagos then & I remember visiting this pharmacy to purchase a particular medication & when I gave the cashier my debit card during checkout, she included N50 to the original cost of the medication & when I asked why, she pointed at a printed mgt statement informing all customers of the CBN directive to charge each POS transaction N50.

I refused. I told her it was N50 which wasn't a big deal but I wasn't going to pay because same policy had been reversed by the CBN. Thereafter, I informed her if N50 policy that had already been canceled was going to hinder our transaction, she should keep the medication. Na so she comot the illegal charge & I paid.

I won't even mention the most recent one where I sent some "hungry" AMAC tax/levy collectors running away in shame after they'd almost succeeded in extorting our business of over N46,000 in the name of "signage permit". All it took was sourcing for the proper information online & when I confronted them with it, people who had been harassing our staff & threatening to seal our premises for days hurriedly left & since then, never returned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by chymes0359(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
This is the kinda of news I need to be seeing here..

Very informative news
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Livelystone01:

How does one search for an old thread on nairaland? I've struggled with this in times past
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
DSC7:

Sup brotherly.....
What's up
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

How does one search for an old thread on nairaland? I've struggled with this in times past
Read through the thread you'll see the link to the old one.
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Livelystone01: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
aylipple:
I since came to the conclusion that the problem confronting many Nigerians is ignorance/lack of (access to) proper information/refusal to be abreast of current happenings.

During that mandatory N50 charge on every POS transaction & the subsequent decision to reverse same following widespread outcry against the policy, I was in Lagos then & I remember visiting this pharmacy to purchase a particular medication & when I gave the cashier my debit card during checkout, she included N50 to the original cost of the medication & when I asked why, she pointed at a printed mgt statement informing all customers of the CBN directive to charge each POS transaction N50.

I refused. I told her it was N50 which wasn't a big deal but I wasn't going to pay because same policy had been reversed by the CBN. Thereafter, I informed her if N50 policy that had already been canceled was going to hinder our transaction, she should keep the medication. Na so she comot the illegal charge & I paid.

I won't even mention the most recent one where I sent some "hungry" AMAC tax/levy collectors running away in shame after they'd almost succeeded in extorting our business of over N46,000 in the name of "signage permit". All it took was sourcing for the proper information online & when I confronted them with it, people who had been harassing our staff & threatening to seal our premises for days hurriedly left & since then, never returned.
The first statement is so true.

People are also lazy to check for information too
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by alizma: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
The moment they see you handy with such information, their manhood go hibernate
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Myself2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
PraisesPblaze:
You shout for bank..? Lol
No joy for money matters

You should try it anytime they want to sit on your rights or do sme sme for you, it works all the time, na manager gan go come out attend to you
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Naija and it’s Yeye laws. imagine I go change money inside bank and they gave me 2 new and 1 old note. No argument since I only discovered after leaving the bank,today I came back to the same cashier and she want act movies, I presented the receipt she gave me yesterday.

Hmmmmmmmm na so she change am give me local money. To avoid one Aboki telling me about Jerusalem !!
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by DSC7: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
What's up

Try remember....
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Stanfeelings: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Livelystone01:

You are welcome. good a thing it worked... oya na...do give away abeg
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by demmy66: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by kingxsamz(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nairaland is Nigeria's reddit.
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by Heavance(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nairaland.com saving lives more than we think
Re: Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. by suffering: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Okay, this is one thread. Now let's see the many opened regarding scammers catching Nairalanders mugu. I see those every damn day here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? / 50kg Bag Of Rice Now Sells For N8,000 In Ebonyi – CBN / Recharge And Get Paid Straight To Your Bank Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.