Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money (5209 Views)

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Depressed101: 11:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Karlman:

Baba its easier said than done. My wife is already on panic mode fearing I might not make it and it would be a disgrace for her if I couldn't come up with what culture demands of me.
then gtfo there and get money, y'all should stop coming to NL seeking useless advise when you know what to do... Do your best and leave the rest for God... 8
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
cococandy:

Well which one do you think is worse, not going at all or going empty handed?
Going Empty handed is worst....and not even a madman will accompany you on such a shameful outing...lol

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Depressed101:
then gtfo there and get money, y'all should stop coming to NL seeking useless advise when you know what to do... Do your best and leave the rest for God... 8
It's not a useless advice young fellow ...be guided and seek knowledge

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by cococandy(f): 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Karlman:

Going Empty handed is worst....and not even a madman will accompany you on such a shameful outing...lol
Na you sabi.
I don’t agree with that sentiment.

You can show yourself or take something moderate with you. Even a bottle of wine and a fowl is something. Between you and your wife, you can come up with that . Also your attitude about it will go a long way. Just showing you stand by them in their mourning period means a lot.

My first post is to address the extortion in regards to asking for multiple goats (which is a common thing in our culture). But that doesn’t mean you should skip something as important as your wife’s father's funeral. Do you think she will be happy with you?

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by mariahAngel(f): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Munzy14:

I ga asi kwa, na #100.... I was lost so I directed her
to momsy, ya na ya e settle akpa ego owu..cheesy

Ihe nke afugburu momsy that day..Ya emechaa kpo m, si ihu la Nwaanyi a, gbagbuo way ya...grin grin

Ndi mma siri ike sha..

A maghudi’m si owu #100 o cheesy

Can I take oranges daily?....a huru m ebe gbara cheap, zukoro ya...I just hope it is not too much taking it everyday since Tuesday now.

Of course, you can.
2-4 per day is good.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 12:13am On Oct 01, 2021
cococandy:

Na you sabi.
I don’t agree with that sentiment.

You can show yourself or take something moderate with you. Even a bottle of wine and a fowl is something. Between you and your wife, you can come up with that . Also your attitude about it will go a long way. Just showing you stand by them in their mourning period means a lot.

My first post is to address the extortion in regards to asking for multiple goats (which is a common thing in our culture). But that doesn’t mean you should skip something as important as your wife’s father's funeral. Do you think she will be happy with you?
It's not funeral...but burial ceremony.
And lol @ going with chicken you really cracked my ribs there...though you can actually go with two goats which means the people that went with you wouldn't come back a goat because your load no complete.

There's so much beauty in all of it but you gats have money o
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 01, 2021
Karlman:

Baba its easier said than done. My wife is already on panic mode fearing I might not make it and it would be a disgrace for her if I couldn't come up with what culture demands of me.
go borrow save face is very important
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Munzy14(m): 6:36am On Oct 01, 2021
mariahAngel:

A maghudi’m si owu #100 o cheesy

Of course, you can.
2-4 per day is good.
gringrin

The woman gwuru m ike...

Ok...Thanks...All these citrus fruits na dikari somehow..So i am careful when consuming.

Happy New month!.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Depressed101: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2021
Karlman:

It's not a useless advice young fellow ...be guided and seek knowledge
now you are sounding like a holy priest. Well I will not be there when your wife calls you lazy.. You know you just came here to seek validation and not advice.. I don't exactly what advice you possibly want from this situation, you want NLanders to tell you to run away from your responsibilities or hide until burial is over..?
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by ObabyObaby: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2021
Karlman:

So what exactly am I supposed to do now so as to make sure I fulfill my cultural obligation without having to jeopardize my life and peace7
Solution is what I want to hear that is why I brought up this my issue here.
my friend I understand your predicament,to cut story short, you don't have you don't have,nothing you can do about it,buy two or three carton of bear and two wrapper go and pay homage to your late inlaw,pick only two or three people from your village to go with you (one of your brother , one elderly man ,one woman) when you get what they are saying don't get provoked ,always say you're sorry that you will make up to them when money come. This is my little contribution
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2021
ObabyObaby:
my friend I understand your predicament,to cut story short, you don't have you don't have,nothing you can do about it,buy two or three carton of bear and two wrapper go and pay homage to your late inlaw,pick only two or three people from your village to go with you (one of your brother , one elderly man ,one woman) when you get what they are saying don't get provoked ,always say you're sorry that you will make up to them when money come. This is my little contribution
Thanks.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2021
Depressed101:
now you are sounding like a holy priest. Well I will not be there when your wife calls you lazy.. You know you just came here to seek validation and not advice.. I don't exactly what advice you possibly want from this situation, you want NLanders to tell you to run away from your responsibilities or hide until burial is over..?

Not exactly,
I simply wanted to know if someone would ask me to steal or go to lapo so as to make sure I fulfill this cultural demand at this moment that I really do not have the financial power to fulfill it.
Life happens and it is what it is!

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by mariahAngel(f): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2021
Munzy14:

gringrin

The woman gwuru m ike...

Ok...Thanks...All these citrus fruits na dikari somehow..So i am careful when consuming.

Ha ja a sa gi afo?

Happy New month!.

Happy new month.
Happy independent survival.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Depressed101: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2021
Karlman:

Not exactly,
I simply wanted to know if someone would ask me to steal or go to lapo so as to make sure I fulfill this cultural demand at this moment that I really do not have the financial power to fulfill it.
Life happens and it is what it is!
you are a man, It's not a must every problem that comes your way must be solved, in this case your best bet will be try your best to see what you can do, at the deadline if nothing comes out, (but at all at all is bad, try find something) go talk to a reasonable person from your inlaw side, explain your situation, and ask them to bear with you, that you owe them one.. I don't know about your tribe or family, but in mine, a closer inlaw who is capable will cover for you, once you explain, he will pay your share of the money, provide hand cash for you, then you owe him as a debt to be repayed by you or your kids (my own father reminds me all the time those who helped during situations like this)..

Then if they are not understanding, you can never kill yourself, join them in physical labor, i and my family did this once for my grandmother's burial, there was gossip here and there, but I come from a family that don't give a Bleep, my mother especially, I don't know about your wife, she will be the only undoing if she doesn't manage the situation with you well.

Remember that this one will come and pass,so there's nothing to kill yourself for if it doesn't work out.. Just gba mbo and leave the rest for God, my two cents

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2021
Depressed101:
you are a man, It's not a must every problem that comes your way must be solved, in this case your best bet will be try your best to see what you can do, at the deadline if nothing comes out, (but at all at all is bad, try find something) go talk to a reasonable person from your inlaw side, explain your situation, and ask them to bear with you, that you owe them one.. I don't know about your tribe or family, but in mine, a closer inlaw who is capable will cover for you, once you explain, he will pay your share of the money, provide hand cash for you, then you owe him as a debt to be repayed by you or your kids (my own father reminds me all the time those who helped during situations like this)..

Then if they are not understanding, you can never kill yourself, join them in physical labor, i and my family did this once for my grandmother's burial, there was gossip here and there, but I come from a family that don't give a Bleep, my mother especially, I don't know about your wife, she will be the only undoing if she doesn't manage the situation with you well.

Remember that this one will come and pass,so there's nothing to kill yourself for if it doesn't work out.. Just gba mbo and leave the rest for God, my two cents
Thanks
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by JovialJune(f): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2021
GboyegaD:

Yet we complain about corruption. What an irony.

Abi na, they prefer to keep mute and be extorted all in the name of tradition/culture, lol.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by NairalandSARS: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2021
cococandy:
I’m suspecting these folks are igbo. I still don’t know why we go overboard on funerals when the family is grieving and should be extended a hand of help and sympathy. Rather, the community wants to use that opportunity to extort them. This part of our culture has never been acceptable to my spirit.

If one in-law is expected to bring goats (multiple) how many are the others then expected to bring and how much in total are they expecting from this one family? To whose benefit? Did any of them even give a hoot about the man while he was alive? Now he’s dead they want to be dined and wined by his hurting and grieving children.

Extravagant funerals should be done only if that’s what the nuclear family wants for their father and whomever amongst them that wants it badly should be the one to pay for it. You shouldn’t be mourning your dead family member and also stressing about not having money to entertain community people.
Asin eh, all these aspects of culture should be eliminated.
Why not just bury the dead body and be over with? What's up with ceremonies? Funny most of these people are Christians, muslims or irreligious.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by ogawisdom(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
Karlman:
My In-laws are doing their father's burial and I don't have money kindly advise.
This is really a serious matter as I have only two weeks left.
Elders in the house kindly advise a brother.
Thanks

Chief Lalasticlala ... Mynd44 Dominique and all mods kindly uplift this post as I am on very hot seat please.
Thanks

Ur father In law

You are going with a cow and other things as culture demands. Times are hard but at all at all na him worse pass.

Even if na 50k use it and arrange somethings n go
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by ogawisdom(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
Karlman:
My In-laws are doing their father's burial and I don't have money kindly advise.
Thanks

Chief Lalasticlala ... Mynd44 Dominique and all mods kindly uplift this post as I am on very hot seat please.
Thanks

Ur father In law

You are going with a cow and other things as culture demands. Times are hard but at all at all na him worse pass.

Even if na 50k use it and arrange somethings n go.

You can't say u don't have money n come empty handed na lie. Even 50k means I don't have money

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Munzy14(m): 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ha ja a sa gi afo?

Happy new month.
Happy independent survival.
Mba o...due to the excess vitaminC content of most, I am careful not to take excess...

Okwa happy survival..cheesy no be small one o..
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by mariahAngel(f): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2021
Munzy14:

Mba o...due to the excess vitaminC content of most, I am careful not to take excess...

Okwa happy survival..cheesy no be small one o..

When it comes to vitamin C, your body just takes what it needs and pass out the excess, that is why it is better to take it in natural form.
Unless you experience side effects like diarrhea, you can take as much as you want.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Munzy14(m): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2021
mariahAngel:

When it comes to vitamin C, your body just takes what it needs and pass out the excess, that is why it is better to take it in natural form.
Unless you experience side effects like diarrhea, you can take as much as you want.
smiley
Professional advice...

Wow!
In essence, taking those supplements is unhealthy....

Ugbu a ka onwu ga egbu nu Orange..grin Echetala m ya.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by armyofone(m): 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2021
So what do you want the person to do when they don't have money for financial commitments ?

Boss13:

Chief, this is not about pleasing anyone. This is tradition. If you don't understand, keep quiet. The in-laws burying their father also have financial commitment too but as per traditional rites, they have to do the right thing. There is a difference here.

People open their mouth to talk anyhow but when face with the situation, they will do similar thing.
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by armyofone(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please explain to them you don't have. If you have a little, give and pray for better days.

Karlman:
Thanks

Thanks
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Stevenbright(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
Karlman:
I called my senior bros yesterday and he listed all that culture demands from me which included Goats and yams and palm wine and beer...three big goats to be precise and each from 35 to 40 k

Oga! Go and do what culture demands of you since you can't use your brain.

But if you will listen, do the little you can afford and leave the rest to culture!
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by armyofone(m): 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
All their traditions in Nigeria is just cunny, for exploitation and show off!
undecided

JovialJune:

Abi na, they prefer to keep mute and be extorted all in the name of tradition/culture, lol.

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by armyofone(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2021
Borrow ? No, don't borrow to save any face. Don't borrow to please anyone!

Bonesbreaker:
go borrow save face is very important

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by armyofone(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2021
It is mourning periods - who has the time for goat, eat pondo, drink beer and palm wine ?

Wouldn't snack on the table be enough for guests mourners ?

Karlman:
I called my senior bros yesterday and he listed all that culture demands from me which included Goats and yams and palm wine and beer...three big goats to be precise and each from 35 to 40 k
Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 1:07am On Oct 03, 2021
Stevenbright:

Oga! Go and do what culture demands of you since you can't use your brain.

But if you will listen, do the little you can afford and leave the rest to culture!
Certainly you do lack a brain.
Idiot.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money by Karlman: 1:10am On Oct 03, 2021
armyofone:
Please explain to them you don't have. If you have a little, give and pray for better days.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oro Po Ninu Iwe Kobo / Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? / Nigerian Women Are The Most Unfaithful In The World? True Or False (survey)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.