Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses (18444 Views)

Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by etokhana: 10:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Hundred of passengers heading to their various offices on Lagos Island using the Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) initiative were on Thursday stranded over a scarcity of buses caused by the shortage of fuel supply for running of the bus.

The scarcity which cut across the routes operated by the BRT buses was most pronounced on the Abule -Egba – Obalende route.

At the Sbule-Egba BRT park, many BRT buses under Primero, one of the franchise holders running the initiative, were seen parked with no driver inside them.

According to some of the passengers, the BRT buses that were parked had no fuel in them. A cross-section of the passengers who spoke with the Nigerian Tribune explained that the scenario has been on since Tuesday.

“We have been finding it difficult to get BRT buses to CMS and Obalende since on Tuesday. We heard that these buses that are parked here without drivers don’t have fuel in them because their owners are owing their fuel suppliers, who in turn cut off fuel supply to the buses.

“it’s unfortunate that this new initiative is already experiencing hitches. How long will this persist? Only God knows,” some of the passengers told the Nigerian Tribune.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA), Mr Kolawole Ojelabi confirmed that one of the service providers, Primero is owing fuel suppliers.

In his words, “The authority is working towards providing buses to fill the gap created by Primero.

“This has been on since Tuesday. Due to issues with its fuel suppliers, some BRT buses operated by Primero don’t have fuel supply. Primero runs a sizeable number of BRT buses, and that is why the lack of fuel supply to their buses is affecting commuters.

“We have however sent some other buses managed by other franchise holders to fill in the gap. The issue should be resolved soon.”

Recall that the Lagos State government had in August 2020 launched the 13.68km Oshodi-Abule Egba Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor supervised by LAMATA. Until now, the initiative had brought a breath of fresh air to intra-state movement within the state.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/just-in-passengers-in-lagos-stranded-as-fuel-suppliers-stop-service-to-brt-buses/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by chatinent: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2021
Human government cannot provide basic amenities and necessities.

Human government has failed.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2021
Family business

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Maxymilliano(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mr Kolawole Ojelabi confirmed that one of the service providers, Primero is owing fuel suppliers.
This is what you get when you jettisoned professionalism for padi-padi arrangement

Check out the brain behind Primero and you get my drift

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Dodoproperties: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
On such days, people like us that used to calculate daily transport will look confused at the bus-stop lol

Thank God I'm free from Lagos wahala las las

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by nauto: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
We heard that these buses that are parked here without drivers don’t have fuel in them because their owners are owing their fuel suppliers, who in turn cut off the fuel supply to the buses
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Algold: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

Ask questions before spilling bla bla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by chloride6: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
I hope Primero is fined for this nonsense..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by 900warriorz: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lagos wahala grin
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Bobotic(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Who put Buhari on that sit first? A whole me, my CV don spoil now,
e be like say I go use am take chop suya if e dry finish embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Grace001: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Eyah

1 Like

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Olam09(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Crazy
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Ekejoestar(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Make dem enter Lt nah.
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by dex4sure: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Naija my country, everywhere just dey porous

1 Like

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Piluesh: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by lied(f): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
ok
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by tstx(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Smh
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by elmessiahs(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Naija wahala
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Simeony007(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
I stopped using BRT when it became expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Mojojojo69(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
ok
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Godispeace: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
God go punish any biafra.ud/IPOB ediot who insult BRT people here , Those fools should go to their impoverish SE villages to insult their useless leaders

4 Likes

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by BigDawsNet: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
In the next life if you giving choice to select a country of birth

Nigeria
Haiti
Moldova

Pick one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by Zane2point4(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

Its like you're a jehova witness, na una doctrine be this grin

2 Likes

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by STEWpid(f): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
I only click to read news that interests me.

Except I'm done reading interesting news that I open this type of jargon to read comments, just to brush off time.

"Nigerian news can be used as psychological instrument to initiate madness and varying degrees of mental disorder."

This is not what a Nation is called!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by arthurwillia(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
Isn’t that juju?
Re: Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses by iamtardey: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ah! Man don suffer for this kan3 cry

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Botswana(gaborone Capital City) In Pictures / Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) / Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.