Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,053 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:07 AM

BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters (36910 Views)

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / BVN Fraud: Over N100bn Trapped In Dead People’s Account / My Encounter With Fraudsters Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

I am wondering how you got a Quickteller OTP if all you gave him were fake.

Ok ok, let's assume he processed it using your BVN.

Very easy.
It could be gotten via a phished site...or some bank officials sold it out. A liaison with a fraudulent banker can empty your accounts. Many fraudsters work with bankers. Not new.

Let me simplify this for you.

If you use online payments regularly, only entering your first four letters could tell if it's Visa, Mastercard, etc...

Using USSD too could unveil a bank name, and holder's name. (I am sure you know that).

On Bank Apps too, it is easy.

There is an app too that does that. It is in dark web and we shouldn't talk about it.

You have to be careful sha.

But that's an old format.

New fraudsters tweak your Quick Teller account that it sends you a mail. When you log in, an OTP is sent to you that you wouldn't even suspect it is from another user since you are also responding to the mails...and boom...your account balance is gone.

Some pro hackers who work will fraudsters also do hack into your balance directly, and shift logs to another vulnerable person! But it is rare to find these sorts! Why? Poor fraudsters cannot avoid them. Lol.

How do I know all these?

I was a darkweb geek during the days of Wapka.

Moving forward...

• you may need to use a two-way authentication on your accounts! It is very important. Both on your social media and Google accounts.

• Always view the links you click. I see many shared messages on WhatsApp ending with YouthEmpowerment using a URL Shortener urging people to share to their friends for a prize. Lol. Big scam.

• whenever a link claiming to represent sth sends a message, search on Google. It should have a Wikipedia page, go there and view their website link. If it is not the same, it is fraud.

• in Nigeria, only recognised education websites use the .edu.ng and government sites use the .gov.ng . If a site claiming to be of the government says otherwise, it's scam.

if you ever get confused about a message being scam or not, just post it here on Nairaland and tag me, I will answer.

be careful of apps you download away from Google Play or Appstore, some can steal your details. Download only recognised official apps on those stores. Not all apps are genuine there tho. Always read reviews (read the critical reviews.. because their team members must always join in posting positive reviews).

You are welcome.

"...And do you know some apps injected with malwares and trojan also find their way into Google Play and AppStore? e.g. Grifthorse Trojan...read more here: https://threatpost.com/grifthorse-money-stealing-trojan-android/175130/

You better be calming down before forming darkweb Rambo". - Village People spokesperson.

3 Likes

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by chatinent: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
Enskynelson:

Great analysis. I learned a lot from this. I would love to contact you for something I am doing at the moment along this line. Check your DM

Responded.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by chatinent: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Rexymania:
Ho do I access a darkweb?

I am not willing to tell.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ofadaman:
BVN is all over the place e.g.
Sold from NIBSS , Banks, Telecoms, Loan apps, fintechs e.t.c with your BVN anyone can get access to your basic information e.g. Date of birth, full name, phone details, address, biometric info and banks account number, but for them to access your funds that need your information on your card or OTP from your SIMs linked to your BVN.

Many fintechs , and payment gateway (even on gambling sites) can take your card info for payments, but need OTP pin. Once they get hold of your MasterCard details it doesn't really.matter the bank, most Nigerian banks take the confirmation to their secured page and that's how he knows the bank.

Be careful even in giving out an expired card, most as most banks instead of blocking out a card can simple extend the expiry date and you could end up in trouble.
you are right about the expired card bro i was surprised after using one of my ATM card for withdrawal only to get home and discovered it actually an expired card and I got a valid one given to me by the bank after that One expired which I mistakenly left at home.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Benwallt(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

Very easy.
It could be gotten via a phished site...or some bank officials sold it out. A liaison with a fraudulent banker can empty your accounts. Many fraudsters work with bankers. Not new.

If you use online payments regularly, only entering your first four letters could tell if it's Visa, Mastercard, etc...

Using USSD too could unveil a bank name, and holder's name. (I am sure you know that).

There is an app too that does that. It is in dark web and we shouldn't talk about it.

New fraudsters tweak your Quick Teller account that it sends you a mail. When you log in, an OTP is sent to you that you wouldn't even suspect it is from another user since you are also responding to the mails...and boom...your account balance is gone.

Some pro hackers who work will fraudsters also do hack into your balance directly, and shift logs to another vulnerable person! But it is rare to find these sorts! Why? Poor fraudsters cannot avoid them. Lol.

How do I know all these?

Moving forward...

• you may need to use a two-way authentication on your accounts! It is very important. Both on your social media and Google accounts.

• Always view the links you click. I see many shared messages on WhatsApp ending with YouthEmpowerment using a URL Shortener urging people to share to their friends for a prize. Lol. Big scam.

• whenever a link claiming to represent sth sends a message, search on Google. It should have a Wikipedia page, go there and view their website link. If it is not the same, it is fraud.

• in Nigeria, only recognised education websites use the .edu.ng and government sites use the .gov.ng . If a site claiming to be of the government says otherwise, it's scam.

if you ever get confused about a message being scam or not, just post it here on Nairaland and tag me, I will answer.

• be careful of apps you download away from Google Play or Appstore, some can steal your details. Download only recognised official apps on those stores. Not all apps are genuine there tho. Always read reviews (read the critical reviews.. because their team members must always join in posting positive reviews).

You are welcome.
Ok
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Kingosytex(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

Very easy.

How do I know all these?

Moving forward...

• be careful of apps you download away from Google Play or Appstore, some can steal your details. Download only recognised official apps on those stores. Not all apps are genuine there tho. Always read reviews (read the critical reviews.. because their team members must always join in posting positive reviews).

You are welcome.

I salama for you boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by angelfallz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
It's possible some bankers collude with fraudsters to sell information.

ojesymsym:
I still don't get it. I don't do all these loans stuff, I non de bet... My BVN is almost always submitted to only financial institutions.

1 Like

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Adiwana: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
tradepunter:

Why should he delete it??

Abi you dy run similar thing?

It should be left there for everyone to see the tools these criminals use.

What makes you think he's not giving out ideas and tools to criminals?? No be everything you share
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by silverx(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
ojesymsym:
Today, the 30th of September, 2021.

I saw a missed call on my phone from 08145677895, not sure who it was, I decided to call back. When I called, the person at the other end asked who it was, and I replied that I got a missed call from the number and was calling back. He requested to know what my number ends with, and I told him, after which he called out my full name which I confirmed to be correct and he said he would call me back.

He called back and said he was calling from BVN centre, I just knew the fraud masters were at work, but usually I always play along. So, I was very polite as he was.

He called out my BVN, it was correct, he called out my full name. He then said that the date of birth on my BVN was conflicting with that on my account and that he was calling to rectify it. He called out two numbers, one of them was correct and the other was wrong by one year, he asked which one was the correct one. I choose the wrong one to be the correct one. He said, ok he will effect the change.

He then asked what banks do I have accounts so that he can also make the changes there, I told him I had many accounts, he wanted to know which one I used presently, I then proceeded to give him 3 random banks that I do not have accounts with.

He further went ahead to tell me that as of now, all my accounts have been blocked which is why he wants to help me correct the error. I told him, I was grateful. He said he had done that but I need to activate my ATM. He then asked if I had my ATM card was with me, I said no, just one with me.

He said I should read out the expiring date, I gave him a random figure. He called it out for me to confirm, which I did. He then asked me to also read out the activation serial number just above the expiring date (that is the main ATM number), I was like this one don see mugu this morning. I just took out one of my expired ATM card and read out the number to him.

He then said there is another 3 digit activation number at the back of the card, I gave him a random number for that one. He then said the system has generated a new ATM pin for me which I should now be using when I go to the ATM machine. The new number was 8191, I told him okay, I like the number.
He went further to say, but if I want him to configure it to be the old number I can let him know so that he can change it (he wanted me to tell him my pin), I told him this one was fine. He devise another excuse to ask for the number, I decided to give him another random number. He repeated it many times for me to confirm, I have a good memory, each time the number was consistent.

Here was the final part, he said I would get an activation number in a few minutes that I should read it out to him. Not long after, I got a Quickteller activation number which I was supposed to read out to him. I read out the number but changed one digit. He once again repeated the number for me to confirm, on all occasions, I confirmed the number, I could imagine him smiling at the other end hoping to make whatever transfer he wanted to do, when the thing failed, he asked me to read it out again, I did but it was giving me same error.

I told him the bank of the ATM I read to him was Standard Chartered even though the ATM card was an old sterling bank account that had expired, but somehow he asked how come the bank was showing sterling bank, I just told him it was sterling. After the failed transaction, the guy ended the call. I assume he will be busy trying to see what he can do with all the fake info I gave him.

The whole call lasted 9 mins 27 secs
A few questions though,
1. HOw on earth did they get my BVN and know my full details including date of birth?
2. How did he know that the ATM card was from Sterling and not Standard chartered as I told him it was?

Anyone, this is the fraudsters number 08145677895
scammers everywhere. You tried to delay his time as well, nice bro.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by angelfallz(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Very true.
gidjah:
I really do not think bankers go into this ad such .most of them are been monitored too as it has become a big news and threat to them now too.But some of us do Online transactions , patronise online banking and microfinance transactions .This microfinance borrowers online using apps are the major trouble here now .Some of them sold out their systems , change their Names after selling of the organisations .Most of thier staff left due to poor payments and left with sensitive information and documents of various individuals...... That has been he reason or this surge in BVN ,NIN scams. You CANT GET ANY LOAN ROM THIS APPS UNLESS YOUR FULL DATA HA'S BEEN CAPTURED INCLUDIN YOUR ACTIVE PHOTO SIZE !.SO HOW WONT SCAMMERS INCREASE .?
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by jake247(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Getting bvn is not a big deal, I have more than 1m bvn db with date of birth and phone number,, but thanks God i dont play local, that one na old format, , you can use some one bvn and get a loan from loans app, and it will process successful after some basic configuration. ,, you can even open an account with person bvn and collect fraud money, all na foamat nah.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by kennyz247(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
angelfallz:
The bolded, I remembered people who are using gbwhatsapp.
what happened to gbwhatsapp. users?
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by AsomArchitectNG(m): 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

Very easy.

New fraudsters tweak your Quick Teller or Transfer accounts that it sends you a mail. When you log in, an OTP is sent to you that you wouldn't even suspect it is from another user since you are also responding to the mails...and boom...your account balance is gone.

How do I know all these?

Moving forward...

You are welcome.

Nice points bro.. You brought back good old memories when u mentioned wapka . What was ur username on wapka then i might know you..
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by The5DME(m): 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
Rexymania:
Ho do I access a darkweb?

get a VPN(paid one preferably....check google playstore for that), download the TOr Browser for android, search google for list of onion sites on the darkweb, thenconnect. simple as that

4 Likes

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Bfss: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Really
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by ojesymsym: 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Now this is scaring, how does one know if such has happened to you then?
jake247:
Getting bvn is not a big deal, I have more than 1m bvn db with date of birth and phone number,, but thanks God i dont play local, that one na old format, , you can use some one bvn and get a loan from loans app, and it will process successful after some basic configuration. ,, you can even open an account with person bvn and collect fraud money, all na foamat nah.

2 Likes

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by lawalosky(m): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
angelfallz:
The bolded,
I remembered people who are using gbwhatsapp.
Please enlighten me on this gtwhatsapp is the second time hearing tons about the app
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Indispensable85(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
ojesymsym:
I still don't get it. I don't do all these loans stuff, I non de bet... My BVN is almost always submitted to only financial institutions.

Insiders job I guess.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Tapout(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
ojesymsym:

That guy has probably worked with a bank, a financial institution or an IT company which provides services for banks or currently does. Or he had help from the inside. There are things he said a regular fraudster shouldn't know.

That's how he was most likely able to figure out the bank. The 16 digits or 19 digits on the surface of your atm card is called a PAN which comprises of information on the bank who issued the card and a couple of other details.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Skepticus: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
jake247:
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by kayusely70(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
One should always be careful not to fall into their fraudulent activities.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by angelfallz(m): 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
They are susceptible to hackers.
kennyz247:

what happened to gbwhatsapp. users?
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Loveknitting: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
FashionCookie:
Was in First Bank PTI Road Warri the other day, the wipe on guy 1.5m(no jokes). Bank say na POS but the guy insisted that it was d Bank. No b small display that day o. See slap 4 one of the bankers...the mopol for the bank sef no fit do nada. I no know how dem settle d issue sha bcus d guy raised dust fir like 2hrs straight..

1.5million, disappear in this hard economy is a enough to make hard working people go mad.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by angelfallz(m): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
GB WhatsApp is a clone of WhatsApp. It has all the features of WhatsApp and more. More like being able to hide your last seen, but you can still see other people's last seen, more like being able to see a person's status without the person knowing.

You wouldn't find GB WhatsApp on the Play store. It is a security risk and leaves you open to hackers.

lawalosky:

Please enlighten me on this gtwhatsapp is the second time hearing tons about the app
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Donpenny(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
That's how one stupid fruadter hacked my wife Facebook acct and started impersonating my wife claiming one of his relatives had an accident and they need money urgently for surgery. I played along, he sent me acct details and phone number. I told him to wait for some minute so i could transfer the money after some minute i chatted him bavk , i lied to him that have sent the money and i made a mistake of sending the money twice due to network therefore he should pls reverse the other one. Immediately he saw the msg he believed me and said i should screenshot my debit alart and send it to him. I replied him that i use ussd code with a small nokia phone without that function. Immediately i called him usimg Facebook video call unfortunately for him he pick and i screenshot is face but were he is was so dark So i didn't get a clear picture of him. He would have been a celebrity by now.

5 Likes

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by FashionCookie(f): 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Loveknitting:

1.5million, disappear in this hard economy is a enough to make hard working people go mad.
If u see display that day...the guy pull shirt o. See slap 4 d bank guy...
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Loveknitting: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
FashionCookie:

Lol
Would do desame
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Momohlinks(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
This is quite interesting and helpful for your information.
chatinent:

Very easy.
It could be gotten via a phished site...or some bank officials sold it out. A liaison with a fraudulent banker can empty your accounts. Many fraudsters work with bankers. I know of about three other ways to get a BVN without even going to the bank. Not new. So now imagine if it is in a wrong hands.

A lot of people who even have the BVN don't know how to use it hence they need your credit card details. Lol. Poor thing.

New fraudsters tweak your Quick Teller or Transfer accounts that it sends you a mail. When you log in, an OTP is sent to you that you wouldn't even suspect it is from another user since you are also responding to the mails...and boom...your account balance is gone.

Some pro hackers who work with fraudsters also do hack into your balance directly, and shift logs to another vulnerable person! But it is rare to find these sorts! Why? Poor fraudsters cannot afford them. Lol...and that's what most fraudsters are finding. They want to remove the aza-man intermediary thing. Lol.

How do I know all these?

Moving forward...

You are welcome.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by chatinent: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
TNORWAY:
To get Bvn is very easy.......I just thank God ,I never for ones engage in fraud........I just have positive councience........

There is a red flag in one of the bank apps that guyz use to generate BVN ......
All you need is just a valid Bvn first......then do some little permutations...

Example below.... Add a particular digit to a digit of your Bvn to get another Bvn......

Note: this us just for educational purpose, I did not put it here for nagative intentions.
Just for awerness and readiness.

To be deleted SOON!!!

Lol. You need premium apps to know how to use this bro without requesting credit card details. Lol. It's fraud and I will not unveil.

1 Like

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by lied(f): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
FashionCookie:

Hope his issue was resolved after all madness?
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by FashionCookie(f): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
lied:
Hope his issue was resolved after all madness?
I don't know how it ended bcus I left them there. D guy no gree o...even the security at the bank knew he meant business. Na God dey help person for our banking sector...very porous.

2 Likes

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by oluwaahmed: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
One called me when I wasn't in the mood. I just shouted "na ogun go kee your papa" and violently cut the call.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All / Paddy Adenuga: It Is Nice Having Rich Parent, But It's His Money, Not Mine" / Dangote, Tony Elumelu And Otedola At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.