Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration (3899 Views)

Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / The Presidential Inauguration G-wagon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Igwe9(m): 1:35pm On May 29, 2011
Did anybody notice this total network shutdown amongst the four major GSM operators in Nigeria during the GEJ inauguration ceremony?
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Mynd44: 2:10pm On May 29, 2011
Well what can we say? I guess you have the "BADLUCK" of not being to Eagle square where you could have had service
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by gabng(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2011
It was done for security reasons. To avoid remote detonation of bombs.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by OmoTier1(m): 3:17pm On May 29, 2011
gabng:

It was done for security reasons. To avoid remote detonation of bombs.
kai, see low IQ!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by EMANY01(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2011
@ Omo-tier 1
Its hard very hard seeing that responce of yours to ascribe any level of intelligence to you.
For your education the blanket jamming of mobile network signals was effected by the SSS they didn't even have to actively jam the signals even though they had the capability they simply mandated the NO's to exclude coverage to/of a specified vicinity of all activities related to the inauguration/Eagle square.
On the other hand all miscellaneous radio signals (wireless,802.3 a,b-etc,specific ranges of microwave 2way multiway radios) were actively disrupted (jammed).
For those with any "IQ" i shouldn't have to explain the security objectives/ requirements that necessitated these actions needless to say,( for the benefit of OMO-TIER 1 and people with "high IQ" like him) nobody could REMOTELY coordinate any sort of trouble or detonate any explosive device(s).
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by EkoIle1: 4:07pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

kai, see low IQ!

You really should be hailing his high IQ and trashing your low IQ.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Igwe9(m): 4:20pm On May 29, 2011
Methinks the idea was cool,  the network service is trickling in now.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Beaf: 4:25pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

kai, see low IQ!

Damn!
Dude, there should be something like JAMB to dissuade you and your likes from using the internet.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Beaf: 4:26pm On May 29, 2011
EMANY 01:

@ Omo-tier 1
Its hard very hard seeing that responce of yours to ascribe any level of intelligence to you.
For your education the blanket jamming of mobile network signals was effected by the SSS they didn't even have to actively jam the signals even though they had the capability they simply mandated the NO's to exclude coverage to/of a specified vicinity of all activities related to the inauguration/Eagle square.
On the other hand all miscellaneous radio signals (wireless,802.3 a,b-etc,specific ranges of microwave 2way multiway radios) were actively disrupted (jammed).
For those with any "IQ" i shouldn't have to explain the security objectives/ requirements that necessitated these actions needless to say,( for the benefit of OMO-TIER 1 and people with "high IQ" like him) nobody could REMOTELY coordinate any sort of trouble or detonate any explosive device(s).

Tell the glorified cretin.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by EMANY01(m): 4:46pm On May 29, 2011
@ Beaf
How you dey.
Nairaland is a place i come to make my day with laughs and most importantly to learn about :, well Nigeria .It saddens me though when otherwise very intelligent people sprout very idiotic logic and statements all because they let themselves fall for the very easy temptation of (ethnic ?) bigotry.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by muami(m): 4:56pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

kai, see low IQ!

See as somebody just expose him abject mumuness. Pot calling kettle black!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by homerac7: 5:35pm On May 29, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo tier,

I knw say na small time before ur monkey go market wey hin no go return. Really i am not suprised at ur reply at all, afterall i knw what u r capable of after couple of encounters wt u.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

kai, see low IQ!

MUMU + MUMU = MUMU2
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Knight1(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2011
MEN, OMO TIER MUST BE REALLY BLAMING HIMSELF RIGHT NOW. grin grin

BTW, WHEN WILL THEY UNJAM IT; REALLY GOT A LOT OF THINGS TO DO O
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by sademola: 6:26pm On May 29, 2011
It sucks! why would they do that? Cant they just jam the network within the area the ceremony was being held? Many people were cut off from their businesses, friends, family and importally from safety in case of emergency. It MUST not repeat itself again! angry angry angry angry
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by OmoTier1(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2011
EMANY 01:

@ Omo-tier 1
Tosh! trying to sound like you know anything about "WRASS"!

So foolhardy that you failed to explain why a city wide network jamming would be effective in preventing a bomb effectively programmed to a "RASS" which I can set off without the need for your "network"

Again, like the typical average pint sipping dude on the street, when you can't reason out why something has happened, you resort to speculations!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by OmoTier1(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2011
sademola:

It sucks! why would they do that? Cant they just jam the network within the area the ceremony was being held? Many people were cut off from their businesses, friends, family and importally from safety in case of emergency. It MUST not repeat itself again! angry angry angry angry
What you witness was a failed attempt by so called 'SSS' to 'spread' the 'beams' which was very very uncalled for!

Again like most things we do in Nigeria, we learn but learn poorly!

Good question to be asked: What was the conclusion of the forensic examination of the IBB? Was the bomb remotely detonated using 'network' signals or was it , okies almost going over there, i better stop! doubt it if the rag tag MEND would even have access to the technology I was about to spill out!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 29, 2011
So what does that make of this government? same old story. will a true leader of the people be scared to die?
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by IYANGBALI: 9:48pm On May 29, 2011
my own netwok never begin work o
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by mastro: 9:56pm On May 29, 2011
It sucks! why would they do that? Cant they just jam the network within the area the ceremony was being held? Many people were cut off from their businesses, friends, family and importally from safety in case of emergency. It MUST not repeat itself again! Angry Angry Angry Angry

I guess they have to start as they intend to continue, after all we exist at their pleasure, it's bloody 9.49 in the evening still no service, would someone like to explain the democratic principal that say the whole of the town can't communicate with each other because they are scared of their own shadows.

Polite words can't explain how angry this makes me.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by OmoTier1(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2011
Shows the levl of operations of our security apparatus!

Last night, over 90,000 loving football fans were gathered inside WEMBLEY for one of the best Champions league finals of all time yet MI5,Met-police did not jam networks or scatter 'beams' like maddness!

Yet security for the match was top notch. Same can be said for the wedding that took place in london barely 3 weeks ago.

If network jamming and 'beam' scattering was a top-end solution to bombings, the ISAF would have been using 'D-M' units all over Afghanistan and Waziristan!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by OmoTier1(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2011
mastro:

I guess they have to start as they intend to continue, after all we exist at their pleasure, it's bloody 9.49 in the evening still no service, would someone like to explain the democratic principal that say the whole of the town can't communicate with each other because they are scared of their own shadows.

Polite words can't explain how angry this makes me.

You possibily not going to any signal till 12am or thereabout!

The so called presidential Banquet is still on.

During Obama's inauguration, did you hear of networks in Washington D.C being disrupted?

'the wicked runneth when no man pursueth him'
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by ezeagu(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2011
. . . . . as if Nigeria is nearly as organised as the US. They did what they can with the incompetent country.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by violent(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Shows the levl of operations of our security apparatus!

Last night, over 90,000 loving football fans were gathered inside WEMBLEY for one of the best Champions league finals of all time yet MI5,Met-police did not jam networks or scatter 'beams' like maddness!

Yet security for the match was top notch. Same can be said for the wedding that took place in london barely 3 weeks ago.

If network jamming and 'beam' scattering was a top-end solution to bombings, the ISAF would have been using 'D-M' units all over Afghanistan and Waziristan!

I think your reasoning is terribly flawed!. .

On the day of the London bombings, city of London police ordered O2 to turn off all networks within 2 kilometers radius around Aldgate to prevent further attacks, more than a million phone calls were blocked.

If this same procedure was conducted during the 50th anniversary, perhaps some kids might still have their fathers, discomfort is a very little price to pay where lives can be saved.

Be reasonable son!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Igwe9(m): 10:40pm On May 29, 2011
I supposed everything is since back to normal?
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by jmaine: 10:48pm On May 29, 2011
violent:

On the day of the London bombings, city of London police ordered O2 to turn off all networks within 2 kilometers radius around Aldgate to prevent further attacks, more than a million phone calls were blocked.

If this same procedure was conducted during the 50th anniversary, perhaps some kids might still have their fathers, discomfort is a very little price to pay where lives can be saved.

Be reasonable son!

[size=14pt]Aptly addressed [/size]
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by PapaBrowne(m): 11:11pm On May 29, 2011
violent:

Be reasonable son!

Always on point!!
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by EMANY01(m): 11:26pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Tosh! trying to sound like you know anything about "WRASS"!

So foolhardy that you failed to explain why a city wide network jamming would be effective in preventing a bomb effectively programmed to a "RASS" which I can set off without the need for your "network"

Again, like the typical average pint sipping dude on the street, when you can't reason out why something has happened, you resort to speculations!

Bros forgive me  for  inferring even if  unintentionally that you lacked  intelligence embarassed embarassed cry it was  never  my  intent.However i grew  to  love  being on  Nairaland from  the  time i joined  hearing ( or  should i say reading ?) people  like  you (specifically you  too) discuss issues with  either global dimensions  or relating to our  homeland (Nigeria) but of recent you and others   from  both sides  of  the Niger have  steadily degenerated  in  the  quality of  discus/interactions you provide on  this   site hence  my  unfortunate outburst earlier.Truth be told ( i  may  be  very)  wrong but  i  have  always  imagined  you  guys  in your 40's  or  thereabouts  full  of  lifes  experience but  all this east  versus  west versus south-south bruhara is  just  distressing.
As to  your   responce "a city wide network jamming would be effective in preventing a bomb effectively programmed to a "RASS" which YOU can set off without the need for MY network" ONLY if a  thorough  sweep and and  stake  was  not   done. In simple  terms  sanitize the  area of  intrest/concern  (for bombs and  the likes) then secure  the area. From  that   time on  leading  to  the  ceremonies no unauthorised persons allowed and  admittance (vehicular, material and personnel) given ONLY AFTER PASSING  the  strictest  possible background checks , searches and scans.
I started  my Carrier with  the  design  and  implementation of  electronic security and  safety  systems granted  i  wasn't  with  SS however  working with/for  them  on a  number of  projects you  get  to  pick up  some things  as  well as  see  things   with  alot more  detail  than  others  do.IMHO they  didnt  need  a  city wide  network shutdown but  when you  consider  the advantages of   disrupting  any  of  the Cs' (Communication Command Control) for  any  potential troble makers it  becomes  understandable also  in the  event  that someone  or somepeople  started something outside the areas  of  intrest but  within  the  city  the total   shutdown  will  serve  to  control  the  srpead  of   information  as  well as  panic   while   agencies   tasked  to   handle  that  eventuality   do   their  job.Be  assured that they  wouldn't  be  having  the  same  problems  with  communications.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by KokoBeware: 11:32pm On May 29, 2011
They jammed just the radio frequency around eagle square, this also affected Television transmission, (if u noticed NTA hooked up late) , that is why they had to instruct the networks to shut down switches around Abuja, @ least the Inauguration was hitch-free,
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by jmaine: 11:36pm On May 29, 2011
The networks were restored and suddenly BOOOM!! a bomb went off this evening   . . .so that action was justified afterall  . .but some people still lost their lives  . . how sad  cry cry
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by EMANY01(m): 11:40pm On May 29, 2011
I didnt hear this please confirm i hope no one died.
Re: Network Failure Within The City Center During The Presidential Inauguration by Beaf: 11:41pm On May 29, 2011
jmaine:

The networks were restored and suddenly BOOOM!! a bomb went off this evening   . . .so that action was justified afterall  . .but some people still lost their lifes  . . how sad  cry cry

That is why we must beware of fools like Omo Tier that allow that senseless hatred toy with innocent lives. I wonder what he has to say now that 10 are dead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos And Their Christmas Love. / regular Callers On Nigerian Info 99.30 Fm / Americans Will Soon Beg For Nigerian Visa – Pastor Oladiyun Predicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.