Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,968 members, 7,799,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) (65932 Views)

Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator / 2-Year-Old Baby Attacks A 9-Month-Old Baby At The Daycare (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
Teachers at a daycare centre in Johannesburg, South Africa were shocked last week when, during outside playtime, they looked up and saw a white tiger watching them.

The tiger is the neighbour’s pet and was seated on a jungle gym overlooking the crèche (daycare centre). Since then, playtime on that side of the crèche grounds has been stopped.

Speaking to TimesLIVE on Wednesday, the crèche owner — who asked for her name and that of the school to be withheld — said they had since learnt their neighbour had acquired two large white tigers. She has taken several pictures of the tigers from her premises.

Since spotting the animals, the crèche owners have had to cage in the children out of fear the tigers could jump over the fence.

“That fence is not high enough and the tigers will jump. If they don’t jump into our school, they will jump into our other neighbour's house and, just across the road, there is an old age home. There are approximately four schools in this street so this is a danger to everyone living in the area,” the crèche owner said.

She said she told the children's parents about the tigers and since then several children have stopped coming to school.

She has approached the owner of the tigers, wildlife organisations and the local councillor with the hope she can receive assistance. She said this has yielded no results because there is seemingly no legislation in place around keeping tigers.

“At this stage, we feel like these wild animals have more rights than us,” she said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeslive.co.za/amp/sunday-times-daily/news/2021-10-01-crche-children-terrified-of-tigers-next-door-but-it-seems-no-laws-broken/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
No Laws Against Keeping Tigers

The tigers' owners, Matthew and Anneline Kruger, through their lawyers, told Netwerk24 they complied with all the regulations in Gauteng province regarding the keeping of exotic animals on their premises.

The attorneys representing the couple said there was nothing that precludes their clients from having a wild animal on their property.

Animal welfare organisation Four Paws said it had been alerted about the tigers this week.

“The images are appalling, but we are not shocked by them,” said Four Paws director Fiona Miles.

“Tigers have very little protection under SA law, despite being considered an endangered species. This is particularly true in Gauteng, where such cases of private keeping are prevalent.”

According to Four Paws, there are around 1,500 tigers kept in captivity in SA, though there are fewer than 4,000 left in the wild.

“Many tigers are kept in suburban homes for reasons such as social media exposure".

The crèche owner said in March, the tiger owners had approached her, asking if they could extend their wall. She said she was told this was because they wanted to build a flat-like dwelling in their backyard for their children, and required the high wall for safety.

But she suspects this was for the tigers.

“We first saw the tigers last Thursday. I heard people talk about there being tigers, but we had never seen them.”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Which kain wahala be this?

202 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Shellsploit: 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hian!!! Tigers as next door neighbors tickles my fancy.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2021
The idiotic tiger owners turned a wild animal to a domestic animal in a very delicate zone with kids around.

I hope all the people around there have shotguns tho, if I was staying around there any little trespassing from the tigers will get them gunned down asap.

358 Likes 26 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by oloriooko(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2021
tigers next to creche? this is the height of wickedness

267 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by billynoni(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2021
Thought I saw one Indian man, mauled to death by a tiger topic on FP, like 2secs ago?... Hopefully, bad news won't come from this location as well.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by gulfer: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
Issorite cool
Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2021
Shellsploit:
Hian!!! Tigers as next door neighbors tickles my fancy.

Why be the neighbour when u can be the owner? cool

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by talk2hb1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
I guess they want the creche to close down

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
iamyemiakins:
The idiotic tiger owners turned a wild animal to a domestic animal in a very delicate zone with kids around.

I hope all the people around there have shotguns tho, if I was staying around there any little trespassing from the tigers will get them gunned down asap.

Funny enough, u might be the one going to jail for killing an endangered species. You'd have to prove it posed a danger to your life - like with human invaders in SA. The laws tend to empower criminals - they're too complicated. U can't just shoot willy-nilly like in the US (and maybe also Nigeria).

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
TMKsouth:

Funny enough, u might be the one going to jail for killing an endangered species. You'd have to prove it posed a danger to your life - like with human invaders in SA. The laws tend to empower criminals - they're too complicated. U can't just shoot willy-nilly like in the US (and maybe also Nigeria).
Endangered species that can endanger a whole community, when did tigers turn to ekuke dogs that the chances of them posing dangers has to be proven
[img]https://c./f-B1RuCGx_sAAAAC/mr-ibu-nigerian.gif[/img]

221 Likes 17 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Endangered species that can endanger a whole community, when did tigers turn to ekuke dogs that the chances of them posing dangers has to be proven

LOL, good one grin. Just warning u the animal rights groups and law enforcement will be all up in your grill after u shoot that tiger. Plus public opinion will turn against u very quickly for killing a cute animal, trust me - plus these tigers are "tame". Prepare to spend a few nights in jail pleading your case. That's how SA rolls.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by MJBOLT: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
here in Nigeria,the tigers will end up in a pot of soup

TMKsouth:

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Faber(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2021
Tigers kwa, Tigers no get joy o...wetin Tiger do that nigga for inside India ehn cry

Better make my kids end up as itibọribọ than being mauled by a tiger in the name of receiving Western Education.

When you relocated to SA with your kids for fear of bandits. Only for them to get to school and find Tigers monitoring them and possibly planning to launch attack...Omoh you go know say wahala be like ⭕

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by otomatic(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
TMKsouth:

LOL, good one grin. Just warning u the animal rights groups and law enforcement will be all up in your grill after u shoot that tiger. Plus public perception will turn against u very quickly for killing a cute animal, trust me. Prepare to spend a few nights in jail pleading your case. That's how SA rolls.

So are there no remedies? Should the tiger attack first before something is done ? Or maybe the creche should shut down and people's livelihoods lost because of an animal?

This is why I like my country. For looking into my property with that dangerous pose, we'll just kill the tiger.
We'll even prepare it as bush meat.
Danger averted.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Lamanii22(f): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
Abi werey lawon Ara SA ni

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Lamanii22(f): 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
Mrsparrows21:
Imagine your neighbors next door buying a tiger....lol omo na to go buy otapiapia give them

grin grin just know that you won't have peace of mind again for the rest of your stay there.

Omoor grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Lamanii22(f): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Ekuke dogs grin grin

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
otomatic:

So are there no remedies? Should the tiger attack first before something is done ? Or maybe the creche should shut down and people's livelihoods lost because of an animal?

This is why I like my country. For looking into my property with that pose, we'll just kill the tiger.
We'll even prepare it as bush meat.
Danger averted.

Lol, u guys are very funny today. The solution in my opinion is for both to reconcile their differences. There are platforms where both can sit together, discuss this and make compromises.

Personally, as the crèche owner I would petition the rest of the residents - especially the other schools in the street and the old age home and send it to the city council. But that's the confrontational option since the tiger owners are very inconsiderate as well.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Bbqtohto:
TmkSouth I thought you claimed to be a Tiger. Why don't you go and play with them

Lol, when was that grin? Proof please. I'm a LION tongue cool

10 Likes

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by udomma1005(m): 1:32am On Oct 02, 2021
billynoni:
Thought I saw one Indian man, mauled to death by a tiger topic on FP, like 2secs ago?... Hopefully, bad news won't come from this location as well.
Bad news must happen if they don't do the needful grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by migabeatz: 1:33am On Oct 02, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by MVLOX(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2021
Run ooo run ooo

3 Likes

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by JavaScript90: 7:15am On Oct 02, 2021
This is very risky. Wild animals will always be wild.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

6 Likes

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:16am On Oct 02, 2021
What would make a person in his right senses keep a tiger as a pet. ?? ??.
That's trust naija..... If these pet owners had tried this stunt in naija.
The neighbors would have had big pot of pepper soup. gringrincheesycheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) by Freestainworld(m): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2021
Tigers no dey joke ooo, they better know what they are doing

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of A Curvy High School Teacher Got Men Talking On Twitter / After Finishing Further Maths Exam(photo) / The Rate At Which Secondary School Students Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.