Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (331257 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Singabele: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2007
RECRUITMENT, TRAINING SERVICES, FACILITATOR ON CUSTOMER SERVICE, SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TRAINING. PLEASE CALL 08025862586 OR mail johnenenuwe@yahoo.com for FURTHER DETAIL
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Opiro2000(m): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2007
Hi guys. This forum is quite informative and helpful. Thats why I am posting this.
Please I need some help in the area of HR policies. I am presently trying to draft a full company policy for my organization, but not finding it easy. I have a deadline of mid-October, which cannot be broken. I will appreciate if people can give me drafts of policies that go with corporate organizations, i.e, Medical (HMO, etc), Benefits and compensations, Insurance, Leave, Engagement, etc.
Any of these and more will be useful to me. I believe that with the calibre of people in this group, my challenges will be lessened.
Thank you.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2007
Opiro2000

We shall try and see where we can contribute. Please find attached a comprehensive leave policy. See how it could fitted into your own system. You will also find in my previous post a policy on recruitment.

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Opiro2000(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2007
Yemmight

Thank you very much. Got the post. I'll be able to create something out of this. I appreciate it. smiley
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by deezzle(m): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2007
please, i need a template for a warning letter. can anyone help?
thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by coold(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
hello everyone, i've been reading through the posts on this forum and i must say i find it quite interesting. i am not in HR, but i am quite interested. i am a computer science graduate and i would like to pursue a career in HR. can anyone please give me a guide i can follow to achieve this dream. thanx
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2008
We must keep this HR alive.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2008
Let us have people that can contribute from all walks of life and dont let us make it a 1-man show. Please dont let it die
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2008
As professional HR people, who is the ideal candidate from the two; link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101169.0.html
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2008
As HR Professional, 1st Degree first experience is primary while Master is secondary. Even in Nigeria today, we have place a Master holder with no experience on the salary with someone who have much experience.

I think we need someone who can deliver on the job pronto. A master Degree holder with little or no experience will still come and learn on the job which employers dont always willing to accept.

So professionally, more experienced guy will still be an ideal person.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by senetee(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2008
Wondering , .
why are so many folks crazy about having a masters from the UK and US, resigning from their current jobs(some ok jobs eg banks & computing firms) to spend huge sums to acquire a degree?
Some do come back to the country to pick up jobs here. Can't imagine me being offerred entry-level packages after that hustle, i mean its not cheap.

What do you guys think?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2008
Senetee,

What do you expect? Just like if you go to UK with Nigerian qualifications, you will always need to require UK qualifications also to secure better job.

We all need to know that there is difference between qualificatio and experience irrespective of schools, country. You will still have to get experience.

I am presently working as HR person in one of the leading ICT in the country. In the process of recruiting I have people with IT qualification from abroad but we cannot put them on the field without the supervisory of people from here. Honestly you can not compare someone that have done a lot of repairs, faces a lot of challenges, has fixed a lot of breakdown on his own with someone that is bringing higher qualifications from oversea or anywhere. I can even confirm to you that on OND with at least 3 years experience will do very well in the first instance with that guy that is coming from England.

So in HR, we always place priority on experience, prompt service delivery because there are some people of the outside that we cannot give excuses for our failures.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2008
senetee:

Wondering , .
why are so many folks crazy about having a masters from the UK and US, resigning from their current jobs(some ok jobs eg banks & computing firms) to spend huge sums to acquire a degree?
Some do come back to the country to pick up jobs here. Can't imagine me being offerred entry-level packages after that hustle, i mean its not cheap.

What do you guys think?

since they are resigning from their jobs, that mean they are expecting middle management or more advance positions when they come back as they already have some experience. Apart from some fields anyone that apply or accept entry level with experience and masters in selling himself short. the nigerian market is already saturated- too many first graduates ready to earn <=100k
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2008
Yemmi, though i'm not an expert, i think you are a bit biased considering you work for an ICT company, experience will always count at the end of the day you can train anyone who is interested in computer till they are certified in whatever field they/you want

IT is hands-on, in other career fields a masters degree will almost always be compulsory, some people with say 3 years experience and a masters degree will be chosen/promoted over those with more experience and a first degree.
You should also consider masters course content and course delivery modes abroad wink are they hands on tutorials, 100% taught or case studies plus equipments

I can even confirm to you that on OND with at least 3 years experience will do very well in the first instance with that guy that is coming from England.

Agree with you on this, OND + exp in IT will still get the job done but as you say in the first instance, serious companies should be looking at the future, plus they don't have to pay for training or they pay less
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by baj: 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hello HR professionals

I was looking at this thread and I must say i am really impressed with the comments. Please keep it up.
I am an HR Consultant looking to rub minds with other HR professionals.

Right now though i have been asked to look at designing a template for a strategy alignment and a compensation survey for a company and I could do with some ideas. Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kamsi(f): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2008
@ yemmight

Please I need your advice, I would love to work as a HR personnel. Am currently rounding my Msc in sociology and would like to go for a professional qualification in HR. But the problem is that CIPM accepts only cadidates with some job experience. And I do not have one. Also I would love to work in a HR department, do you know any organization that would employ me. Am eager to learn and assimiliate very fast.

I would appreciate it if you can help me.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ Kamsi

CIPM accepts even SSCE to start from the Foundation. I believe by the time you finish you programme you will benefit from their exceptions. But for now you can only start up as an HR Trainee while you pursue your professional exams and ur MSC.

CIPM accepts even SSCE to start from the Foundation. I believe by the time you finish you programme you will benefit from their exceptions. But for now you can only start up as an HR Trainee while you pursue your professional exams and ur MSC.

i. Foundation I is the starting point for holders of WAEC/NECO/GCE Ordinary level and Ordinary National Diploma result.
They must possess results with 5 credits including credits in English and Mathematics. They shall write all the levels of
the examinations.

ii. a. B.A/B Sc/HND holders, with a minimum of Pass in the Social Sciences, Humanities and Management courses would begin from Intermediate I.b. B.A/B Sc/HND holders, with a minimum of two years experience), from other disciplines would begin from Intermediate I.

iii. B.A/B.Sc/HND holders in the areas mentioned in (ii) above with minimum of 2nd Class lower or lower Credit prior to the date of admission shall begin from Intermediate II.

iv. Holders of higher degrees e.g. M.A/M.Sc/MBA/M.Phil/Ph.D in relevant disciplines shall begin from PE I.
v. Candidates who hold the certificate of other recognized Institute, with a degree/HND and possess the requisite five credits at Ordinary level shall begin from PE I upon submission of the student’s transcript from such institute.
vi. Holders of higher degrees in irrelevant disciplines shall begin from Intermediate II.
o Exemption fees has been reviewed downward as follows:

Foundation II - N8, 750.00
Intermediate I - N10, 000.00
Intermediate II - N11, 250.00
PE I - N12, 500.00

Students placed on any of the above levels will pay the corresponding fee for exemption, excluding N2, 500 for the Exemption Form.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2008
Dis Guy

You will agree with me that most companies in Nigeria now look for cheap Labour. Why I gave an example of OND was that a typical IT company will prefer to take an OND Computer Science + at 2-3 years experience b4 considering a fresher of Degree/HND. That is the fact I am telling you.

When you talk about future for the company, ordinarily some companies adopted system where they prune the number of old and experienced because at a period they may not be promoted because they have reached the peak level. This way the company still encourage low level experienced one.

These OND’s we are talking about proceed for the higher education in most organization that I have dealt with.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by baj: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2008
Dear Yemmight,

I have been following this conversation and i have to agree with dis guy, Whether we agree or not Foreign degrees open doors that OND/HND/BSc cannot open. It is after you have a foot through the door and you need to defend the degree with experience tand you cant hat you may now be on your own.

This can also be attributed to the fact that Foreign degrees especially degrees form the developed countries include a lot of experience which you cant get here in nigeria.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by megat12: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2008
@yemmight
I really appreciate your consistency in this forum. U're the bum. please keep it up
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2008
I have been following this conversation and i have to agree with this guy, Whether we agree or not Foreign degrees open doors that OND/HND/BSc cannot open. It is after you have a foot through the door and you need to defend the degree with experience tand you can't hat you may now be on your own.

Baj,

As much as I appreciate your contribution, I have to disagree also with your comment on the doors that foreign degrees opens.   Let us get this clear, big organizations dont much rely on foreign degrees compare to foreign trainings. 

On a Good day, an organization will prefer to employ HND/BSC with oversea trainings than to employ somebody with an oveasea degree.  We need to get this clear.   Oversea Training is quite different from a degree acquired from oveasea. From my experience for example, you cannot compare someone who has attended trainings with Sun, Cisco or other oversea trainings on IT to someone with just a degree from there.

As much as we appreciate comments here, everybody in the forum is ready to learn.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kamsi(f): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2008
yemmight thanks so much, I guess my programme would start at PE 1. thanks again
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kamsi(f): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2008
yemmight
Please I still need your help, I need a member to be my sponsor and I do not know anybody can you help me please.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2008
That will not be a problem as soon as you are ready. Pls get in touch.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kamsi(f): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2008
Thanks so much, next week am going to purchase the form.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kamsi(f): 11:01am On Jan 29, 2008
@ yemmight I ve gotten the form so please how can I see you, because I need a sponsor to sign for me.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Tpappi: 11:25am On Jan 31, 2008
Yemmight,

Hi there. I see that you are a gentleman who knows what he is talking about. I have a friend who really needs to take the CIPM thing and needs a sponsor like kamsi does, but what my question is about is the issue of relevant degrees. My friend has a Masters Degree, but not in the HR/Personnel Management field. I don't know what this translates to, but I will like your input in this. I will actually prefer that the person start off on PE I, but I think professional opinion matters.

So what do you think?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kamsi(f): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2008
yemmight pls am still waiting could you pls help me.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2008
Tpappi,

You know in HR, background in Degree or Masters is irrelevant. What matters most here is interest. I have seen pple with sciences and the end up in HR. Look at Oni, former Cadbury MD. His background is Food Technology and he ended up as CIPM President. Infact, it was Oni that changed a lot of things in CIPM.

For him he will start @ PE1 with those exemptions. Thereafter let him take up job because with CIPM background and the degrees securing job in HR Related functions even if one need to go for job cut will not be a problem. Just let him use a place as a “Training Ground”, I can assure you that once you become a super star in HR, You will continue to fly.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2008
Kamsi,

You have not read my reponse to an e:mail you sent to me. Please go read my response and get back to me.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2008
How do you think HR can Manage office romance?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 9:34am On Feb 25, 2008
"Office romances are fairly common these days because the office is where we spend so much of our time. Handled well an office romance can lead to a relationship. Handled badly it can lead to a lawsuit for harassment"

This is most common issue in most of the organization. At one point or other every HR would come across this issue.

Its not too serious and not to worry as long as it does not affects the productivity. Its good to have some interesting stories in office then regular worksmiley just on the lighter side,

If it is affecting productivity, you will have to take some steps and measures towards it.

Things you could do;
1. Counselling - Talk to them and make sure they understand their responsibilies at work
2. Change - Try to move them to another department or place, You are doing this only if they are too much into discussion or arguments affecting people around them and work
3. Be open - Talk to your team and get to know what they think. If you are having too many complaints from other employees, then you will have to incorporate some new rules into your HR policies.
4. Be strict - If you have any employee harassing another employee you could take serious steps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.